Affiliation: University of Basel
- Discontinuation of secondary prevention medication after myocardial infarction - the role of general practitioners and patientsKlaus Bally
Institute of Primary Care, Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 143:w13896. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of general practitioners (GPs) and patients regarding discontinuation of SP medication after MI and reasons for discontinuation...
- [Acute hospital admissions among nursing home residents--benefits and potential harms]Klaus W Bally
Facharzt für Allgemeine Medizin FMH, Institut für Hausarztmedizin der Universität Basel IHAMB, Basel, Switzerland
Praxis (Bern 1994) 102:987-91. 2013..Furthermore, physicians should identify palliative situations in a timely manner and should be familiar with the patients' preferences regarding hospitalization and place of death. ..
- [High-quality hospital discharge summaries - general practitioners expectations]Klaus Bally
Institut für Hausarztmedizin der Universität Basel
Ther Umsch 69:5-7. 2012..Nevertheless data protection and medical secret must be complied with...
- Barriers to Swiss guideline-recommended cholesterol management in general practiceK Bally
Institute of Primary Care, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 140:280-5. 2010..Standard guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemia are often not followed in general practice. The reasons for guideline non-adherence are not known...
- One-on-one long-term tutorials in general practitioners' practices - a successful new teaching concept in primary care medicineRuedi Isler
Institute of Primary Care, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 139:161-5. 2009..3 on a 6 point scale and achieved the top ranking among all university medical faculty classes. In-practice long-term one-on-one medical student-general practitioner tutorials can be recommended for implementation...