Affiliation: University of Bern
- Predicting inpatient violence in acute psychiatric wards using the Brøset-Violence-Checklist: a multicentre prospective cohort studyC Abderhalden
Nursing and Social Educatio Research Unit, University Berne Psychiatric Services, Bolligenstrasse, CH 300 Bern 60, Switzerland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 11:422-7. 2004..1%, and the area under the receiver operating characteristic curve 0.88. In some false positive cases intense preventive measures had been implemented. The predictive accuracy of the BVC-G proved consistent with the Norwegian original...
- Predicting inpatient violence using an extended version of the Brøset-Violence-Checklist: instrument development and clinical applicationChristoph Abderhalden
Nursing and Social Education Research Unit, University Bern, Bolligenstrasse 111, 3000 Bern 60, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 6:17. 2006....
- [Nursing diagnoses in acute psychiatric wards in Switzerland and Austria: commonalities and differences]Christoph Abderhalden
Forschungsstelle Pflege und Pädagogik, Universitäre Psychiatrische Dienste UPD Bern
Pflege 20:149-56. 2007..20 NANDA diagnoses account for a large portion of the care problems of acute psychiatric patients. Local differences in the use of the diagnostic process deserve further examination...
- Frequency and severity of aggressive incidents in acute psychiatric wards in SwitzerlandChristoph Abderhalden
Nursing and Social Education Research Unit, University Bern Psychiatric Services, Berne, Switzerland
Clin Pract Epidemiol Ment Health 3:30. 2007..Variations in study designs, settings, populations, and data collection methods render comparisons of the incidence of aggressive behaviour in high risk settings difficult...
- Structured risk assessment and violence in acute psychiatric wards: randomised controlled trialChristoph Abderhalden
Nursing and Social Education Research Unit, University Bern Psychiatric Services, Bolligenstrasse 111, Berne 60, Switzerland
Br J Psychiatry 193:44-50. 2008..There is a lack of research on the possible contribution of a structured risk assessment to the reduction of aggression in psychiatric in-patient care...
- The effectiveness of two interventions in the management of patient violence in acute mental inpatient settings: report on a pilot studyI Needham
University Berne Psychiatric Services, Berne, Switzerland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 11:595-601. 2004..Further testing of the interventions is necessary to measure the effect of the training alone and to counteract 'ward effects'...
- The effect of a training course on mental health nurses' attitudes on the reasons of patient aggression and its managementS Hahn
Insel Education Centre, Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedics, University Hospital Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 13:197-204. 2006..Moreover, it remains questionable to what extent a single instrument of measurement can record attitude changes...
- The effect of a training course on nursing students' attitudes toward, perceptions of, and confidence in managing patient aggressionIan Needham
Research Unit, University of Applied Science, Fribourg, Switzerland
J Nurs Educ 44:415-20. 2005..We tentatively conclude that it is possible to enhance nursing students' perceived confidence in managing patient aggression without changing their fundamental views of it...
- [Swiss Research Agenda for Nursing (SRAN): the development of an agenda for clinical nursing research in Switzerland]Lorenz Imhof
Institut für Pflege, Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Winterthur
Pflege 21:252-61. 2008..As a next step, the development of an action plan to enhance nursing research will take place in Switzerland...