Affiliation: The Hirslanden Clinic
- The crimping problem in stapes surgeryPingling Kwok
Ear, Nose and Throat Department, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Adv Otorhinolaryngol 65:202-5. 2007..The goal of this study was to compare the attachment of stapes prostheses with differently shaped loops to the long process of the incus...
- Meatoplasty for lateral stenosis of the external auditory canalUgo Fisch
ORL Center, Klinik Hirslanden, Zurich, Switzerland
Laryngoscope 112:1310-4. 2002
- A new L-shaped titanium prosthesis for total reconstruction of the ossicular chainUgo Fisch
ORL Center, Klinik Hirslanden, Zurich
Otol Neurotol 25:891-902. 2004..To describe the technique used for total ossiculoplasty with the Fisch titanium total prosthesis and evaluate the 1-year postoperative functional results in patients presenting with the stapes (or footplate) without the malleus handle...
- Fixation of the anterior mallear ligament: diagnosis and consequences for hearing results in stapes surgeryAlexander Huber
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 112:348-55. 2003..Untreated anterior mallear ligament fixation produced a persistent air-bone gap of approximately 10 dB after stapedioplasty...
- Stapes surgery: the diameter of the long process of the incusPingling Kwok
ENT Department, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany, and ORL Zentrum, Hirslanden Klinik, Zurich, Switzerland
Otol Neurotol 27:469-77. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine the long process of the incus in respect of its shape and its dimensions at the site of the attachment of a stapes prosthesis...
- Stapes surgery: how precisely do different prostheses attach to the long process of the incus with different instruments and different surgeons?Pingling Kwok
Ear, Nose, and Throat Department, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Otol Neurotol 23:289-95. 2002..The goal of this study was to compare the attachment of stapes prostheses with differently shaped loops to the long process of the incus...
- Otosclerosis: incidence of positive findings on high-resolution computed tomography and their correlation to audiological test dataIlka C Naumann
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 114:709-16. 2005..Computed tomographic (CT) scanning with slices of 1 mm or more has not been sufficient to demonstrate otosclerotic foci in most cases to date...
- A checklist for surgical exposure in stapes surgery: how to avoid misapprehensionThomas E Linder
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Kantonsspital Luzern, Switzerland
Adv Otorhinolaryngol 65:158-63. 2007..With this checklist at hand the otologic surgeon can define the exact location of the hearing impairment and choose the proper technique for hearing reconstruction in primary and revision surgeries...
- Transotic approach to the cerebellopontine angle. 1992J Dale Browne
Department of Otolaryngology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 19:265-78, vi. 2008..This article discusses the advantages, disadvantages, and technique of this approach...