Affiliation: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- The effects of immobilization on the characteristics of articular cartilage: current concepts and future directionsB Vanwanseele
Laboratory for Biomechanics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETHZ, CH 8952 Schlieren, Switzerland
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 10:408-19. 2002..The purpose of this paper is to review current data and concepts concerning the effect of immobilization on articular cartilage in animal models. We also evaluate the methods to measure articular cartilage changes in humans...
- Longitudinal analysis of cartilage atrophy in the knees of patients with spinal cord injuryB Vanwanseele
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 48:3377-81. 2003..The aim of this study was to perform a longitudinal analysis of cartilage atrophy in all knee compartments, including the femoral condyles, in SCI patients over 12 months...
- In vivo precision of quantitative shoulder cartilage measurements, and changes after spinal cord injuryB Vanwanseele
Laboratory for Biomechanics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Magn Reson Med 51:1026-30. 2004..It was demonstrated that, in contrast to the knee, the articular cartilage morphology of the humeral head changes very little (i.e., there is no significant increase or decrease in thickness) after spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Knee cartilage of spinal cord-injured patients displays progressive thinning in the absence of normal joint loading and movementB Vanwanseele
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Arthritis Rheum 46:2073-8. 2002..However, the findings have been inconsistent and it is unclear whether such changes also take place in humans. This study tested the hypothesis that progressive thinning of knee joint cartilage is observed after spinal cord injury...
- A quantitative study of humeral cartilage in individuals with spinal cord injuryH Ruckstuhl
Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, Institute for Biomechanics, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Spinal Cord 46:129-34. 2008..Cross-sectional design...
- Long-term changes in the tibia and radius bone mineral density following spinal cord injuryE D de Bruin
Laboratory for Biomechanics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Spinal Cord 43:96-101. 2005..A prospective inception cohort study with an observational analytic design in a spinal cord injury (SCI) centre hospital...
- Degenerative meniscus tears and mobility impairment in women with knee osteoarthritisA K Lange
School of Exercise and Sport Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:701-8. 2007..The aim of this paper is to describe the prevalence and clinical correlates of degenerative meniscus tears in women with knee OA...