Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- Cullin-based ubiquitin ligases: Cul3-BTB complexes join the familyLionel Pintard
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Hoenggerberg, Zuerich, Switzerland
EMBO J 23:1681-7. 2004..In this review, we present these new findings and compare the composition of Cul3-based ligases to the well-defined SCF and ECS ligases...
- The BTB protein MEL-26 is a substrate-specific adaptor of the CUL-3 ubiquitin-ligaseLionel Pintard
Institute of Biochemistry ETH, Hönggerberg 8093, Zurich, Switzerland
Nature 425:311-6. 2003..Our results suggest that BTB-containing proteins may generally function as substrate-specific adaptors in Cul3-based E3-ubiquitin ligases...
- The AAA-ATPase FIGL-1 controls mitotic progression, and its levels are regulated by the CUL-3MEL-26 E3 ligase in the C. elegans germ lineSarah Luke-Glaser
Institute of Biochemistry, HPM G8, ETH Honggerberg, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 120:3179-87. 2007..We conclude that degradation of FIGL-1 by the CUL-3MEL-26 E3 ligase spatially restricts FIGL-1 function to mitotic cells, where it is required for correct progression through mitosis...
- CIF-1, a shared subunit of the COP9/signalosome and eukaryotic initiation factor 3 complexes, regulates MEL-26 levels in the Caenorhabditis elegans embryoSarah Luke-Glaser
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Institute of Biochemistry, Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 27:4526-40. 2007..F and inactivation of cif-1 impairs translation in vivo. Taken together, our results indicate that CIF-1 is a shared subunit of the CSN and eIF3 complexes and may therefore link protein translation and degradation...
- Neddylation and deneddylation of CUL-3 is required to target MEI-1/Katanin for degradation at the meiosis-to-mitosis transition in C. elegansLionel Pintard
Institute of Biochemistry, HPM G 10 1, ETH Honggerberg, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Biol 13:911-21. 2003..Counteracting the Nedd8 pathway, the COP9/signalosome has been shown to promote deneddylation of the cullin subunit. However, little is known about the role of neddylation and deneddylation for E3 ligase activity in vivo...
- An interaction network of the mammalian COP9 signalosome identifies Dda1 as a core subunit of multiple Cul4-based E3 ligasesMichael Hans Olma
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETH, Institute of Biochemistry, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 122:1035-44. 2009..This analysis identifies new components of the CRL family of E3 ligases and elaborates new connections between the CRL and CSN complexes...
- The BTB protein MEL-26 promotes cytokinesis in C. elegans by a CUL-3-independent mechanismSarah Luke-Glaser
Institute of Biochemistry, HPM G 8 0, ETH Honggerberg, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Biol 15:1605-15. 2005..Previous studies in C. elegans embryos revealed that inactivation of the CUL-3-based E3 ligase activator rfl-1 results in an aberrant microtubule network, ectopic furrowing during pronuclear migration, and defects during cytokinesis...
- The cullin Rtt101p promotes replication fork progression through damaged DNA and natural pause sitesBrian Luke
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETH, Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Hoenggerberg HPM G 10 0, Switzerland
Curr Biol 16:786-92. 2006..We therefore propose that the cullin Rtt101p promotes fork progression through obstacles such as DNA lesions or tightly bound protein-DNA complexes via a new mechanism involving ubiquitin-conjugation...
- Cytoskeletal regulation by the Nedd8 ubiquitin-like protein modification pathwayThimo Kurz
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Science 295:1294-8. 2002..We propose that Nedd8-modified cullin, as part of an E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, targets katanin for degradation during the transition from meiosis to mitosis...
- Cdc34: cycling on and off the SCFLionel Pintard
Nat Cell Biol 5:856-7. 2003
- Trm7p catalyses the formation of two 2'-O-methylriboses in yeast tRNA anticodon loopLionel Pintard
Centre de Recherche de Biochimie Macromoleculaire du CNRS, 1919 Route de Mende, F 34293 Montpellier cedex 5, France
EMBO J 21:1811-20. 2002..We propose that each eukaryotic enzyme is located in a different cell compartment, in which it would methylate a different RNA that can adopt a very similar secondary structure...
- MRM2 encodes a novel yeast mitochondrial 21S rRNA methyltransferaseLionel Pintard
Centre de Recherche de Biochimie Macromoleculaire, CNRS, Montpellier, France
EMBO J 21:1139-47. 2002..Our data suggest that this universally conserved modified nucleotide plays an important function in vivo, possibly by inducing conformational rearrangement of the peptidyl transferase centre...