Affiliation: St. Gallen
- Frequency-domain near-infrared spectroscopy of the uterine cervix during regular pregnanciesRene Hornung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kantonsspital St Gallen, Rorschacherstrasse 95, 9007, St Gallen, Switzerland
Lasers Med Sci 26:205-12. 2011..We propose this technology to assess the cervical ripening and eventually to predict preterm labor...
- [Endometrial cancer - state of the art]Rene Hornung
Frauenklinik, Kantonsspital St Gallen
Ther Umsch 68:553-8. 2011..In certain situations adjuvant chemotherapy is necessary. Follow-up by clinical examination and transvaginal sonography are reasonable for the first few postoperative years...
- Optical properties, physiologic parameters and tissue composition of the human uterine cervix as a function of hormonal statusBettina Matzinger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Lasers Med Sci 24:561-6. 2009..Cervical softening during menstrual bleeding seems to be different from cervical softening for labor...
- Frequency domain near-infrared spectroscopy of the uterine cervix during cervical ripeningAna Baños
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Lasers Surg Med 39:641-6. 2007..We used frequency domain near-infrared spectroscopy (FD-NIRS) to non-invasively investigate the changes of the optical properties (i.e., absorption and scattering of light) in the uterine cervix during drug-induced cervical ripening...
- Photodynamic endometrial ablation for the treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleeding: a preliminary reportAndrea F Degen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Zurich, Frauenklinikstrasse 10, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Lasers Surg Med 34:1-4. 2004..To evaluate feasibility and functional effects of photodynamic endometrial ablation (PEA) in patients...
- Role of p53 and ATM in photodynamic therapy-induced apoptosisViola Heinzelmann-Schwarz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecology, University Hospital of Zurich, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Lasers Surg Med 33:182-9. 2003..Photodynamic therapy (PDT) induces cell death through a laser light-activated photosensitizer and is a treatment option for tumors resistant to radio- and chemo-therapy...
- Axillary staging using positron emission tomography in breast cancer patients qualifying for sentinel lymph node biopsyMathias K Fehr
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Breast J 10:89-93. 2004..5 mm (range 1-15 mm). Lymph node staging using FDG-PET is not accurate enough in clinically node-negative patients with breast cancer qualifying for SLNB and should not be used for this purpose...
- Fluorescence hysteroscopy using 5-aminolevulinic: a descriptive studyPius Wyss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich 8091, Switzerland
Lasers Surg Med 33:209-12. 2003..To assess the feasibility of fluorescence hysteroscopy following topical ALA application and to describe the optical appearance of normal and neoplastic endometrium...