- Tula virus infection associated with fever and exanthema after a wild rodent biteD Schultze
Department of Virology, Institute for Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Frohbergstrasse 3, 9001 St Gallen, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:304-6. 2002..Thus, Tula virus infection should be taken into account in patients with appropriate clinical symptoms and contact with rodents...
- Evaluation of an optical immunoassay for the rapid detection of influenza A and B viral antigensD Schultze
Department of Virology, Institute for Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, St Gallen, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 20:280-3. 2001..4%; 95%CI, 36.5-65%) (P=0.004). The results show that rapid diagnostic tests with higher sensitivity and specificity for the detection of influenza virus are needed...
- Isolation of dengue virus serotype 1 from the blood of a Swiss traveler prior to seroconversionD Schultze
Institute for Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, St Gallen, Switzerland
Infection 30:237-9. 2002..We recommend detection of dengue viremia during the 1st week of illness, before serological tests usually yield conclusive results, as the most efficient means of early specific diagnosis...
- Viral aetiology of acute respiratory illnesses in patients with a suspicion of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in SwitzerlandL Kaiser
Swiss Med Wkly 133:400-1. 2003
- Lipodystrophy and weight changes: data from the Swiss HIV Cohort Study, 2000-2006A Nguyen
Infectious Disease HIV Unit, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
HIV Med 9:142-50. 2008..We examined the frequency of lipodystrophy (LD) and weight changes in relation to the use of specific drugs in the Swiss HIV Cohort Study (SHCS)...
- Durability and outcome of initial antiretroviral treatments received during 2000--2005 by patients in the Swiss HIV Cohort StudyThi Tuyet Nhung Vo
VCHAP Project, Tropical Disease Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
J Infect Dis 197:1685-94. 2008..Little is known about time trends, predictors, and consequences of changes made to antiretroviral therapy (ART) regimens early after patients initially start treatment...
- Public-health and individual approaches to antiretroviral therapy: township South Africa and Switzerland comparedOlivia Keiser
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine ISPM, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
PLoS Med 5:e148. 2008..We compared virologic response, changes to first-line regimens, and mortality in HIV-infected patients starting HAART in South Africa and Switzerland...
- [First case of nephropathia epidemica acquired in Switzerland]L Fontana-Binard
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, CHUV, 1011 Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 4:1572-5. 2008..This means that when confronted in Switzerland with an acute nephritis of unknown origin, a diagnosis of nephropathia epidemica must be taken into account...
- CD4+ T cell count recovery in HIV type 1-infected patients is independent of class of antiretroviral therapyNina Khanna
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 47:1093-101. 2008....