Affiliation: Psychiatric University Clinics
- Evening exposure to a light-emitting diodes (LED)-backlit computer screen affects circadian physiology and cognitive performanceChristian Cajochen
Centre for Chronobiology, Psychiatric Hospitals of the University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Appl Physiol (1985) 110:1432-8. 2011..The challenge will be to design a computer screen with a spectral profile that can be individually programmed to add timed, essential light information to the circadian system in humans...
- Human melatonin and alerting response to blue-enriched light depend on a polymorphism in the clock gene PER3Sarah L Chellappa
Centre for Chronobiology, Psychiatric Hospital of the University of Basel, Wilhelm Kleinstrasse 27, CH 4012 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E433-7. 2012..Light exposure, particularly at the short-wavelength range, triggers several nonvisual responses in humans. However, the extent to which the melatonin-suppressing and alerting effect of light differs among individuals remains unknown...
- Reply to Cordi et alChristian Cajochen
Centre for Chronobiology, Psychiatric Hospital of the University of Basel, 4012 Basel, Switzerland Electronic address
Curr Biol 24:R795. 2014....
- Non-visual effects of light on melatonin, alertness and cognitive performance: can blue-enriched light keep us alert?Sarah Laxhmi Chellappa
Centre for Chronobiology, Psychiatric Hospital of the University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e16429. 2011..Here we investigated if commercially available compact fluorescent lamps with different colour temperatures can impact on alertness and cognitive performance...
- Evidence that the lunar cycle influences human sleepChristian Cajochen
Centre for Chronobiology, Psychiatric Hospital of the University of Basel, 4012 Basel, Switzerland
Curr Biol 23:1485-8. 2013..This is the first reliable evidence that a lunar rhythm can modulate sleep structure in humans when measured under the highly controlled conditions of a circadian laboratory study protocol without time cues. ..
- [Sleep disruption in shift work and jet lag: the role of the circadian timing system]Ch Cajochen
Zentrum für Chronobiologie, Universitäre Psychiatrische Kliniken, Basel
Praxis (Bern 1994) 94:1479-83. 2005
- Sleep-wake cycles and cognitive functioning in schizophreniaVivien Bromundt
Centre for Chronobiology, Psychiatric Hospital, University of Basel, Switzerland
Br J Psychiatry 198:269-76. 2011..Irregular sleep-wake cycles and cognitive impairment are frequently observed in schizophrenia, however, how they interact remains unclear...