Affiliation: Kantonsspital Winterthur
- [Rhabdomyolysis in carnitine palmitoyltransferase II deficiency: developments in pathophysiology, diagnosis and therapy]R Imoberdorf
Klinik B für Innere Medizin, DIM, Kantonsspital St Gallen
Schweiz Med Wochenschr 128:1024-9. 1998..In our report on two typical cases we set out to promote knowledge of this disorder and discuss the diagnostic approach, which requires a specialised laboratory...
- [Obesity: principles of drug therapy]R Imoberdorf
Medizinische Klinik, Kantonsspital Winterthur
Ther Umsch 57:522-5. 2000..Pharmacotherapy is limited to patients with a body mass index greater than 30 kg/m2, if non-pharmacological treatment programs have failed. The drugs should be prescribed under strict medical surveillance only...
- Enhanced synthesis of albumin and fibrinogen at high altitudeR Imoberdorf
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Berne, CH 3010 Berne, Switzerland
J Appl Physiol (1985) 90:528-37. 2001..However, a small stimulation of albumin and fibrinogen synthesis may be attributable to hypobaric hypoxia alone...
- [Eating and drinking during aging]R Imoberdorf
Medizinische Klinik, Ernährungsberatung, Kantonsspital Winterthur, Winterthur
Ther Umsch 62:847-51. 2005..e. Mediterranean diet, moderate alcohol consumption, physical activity and non-smoking must be controlled to improve health. In the HALE project the control of these factors reduced over-all mortality by 65 percent!..
- Skeletal muscle protein synthesis after active or passive ascent to high altitudeReinhard Imoberdorf
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Berne, Inselspital, Berne, Switzerland
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:1082-7. 2006..The effects of acute exposure to high altitude on muscle protein synthesis rates in human volunteers were examined after active and passive ascent...
- Influence of a nutritional intervention on dietary intake and quality of life in cancer patients: a randomized controlled trialAlexandra Uster
Kantonsspital Winterthur, Department of Medicine, Winterthur, Switzerland
Nutrition 29:1342-9. 2013..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of a nutritional intervention in cancer patients in an outpatient setting...
- Nutritional counseling improves quality of life and nutrient intake in hospitalized undernourished patientsUrsula Rüfenacht
Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Dietetics, Kantonsspital Winterthur, Winterthur, Switzerland
Nutrition 26:53-60. 2010..Up to 60% of hospitalized patients are undernourished. We studied the impact of nutritional therapy on quality of life and food intake...
- Are Four Simple Questions Able to Predict Weight Loss in Outpatients With Metastatic Cancer? A Prospective Cohort Study Assessing the Simplified Nutritional Appetite QuestionnaireSeth F Helfenstein
a Medical Oncology, Kantonsspital Winterthur, Winterthur, Switzerland
Nutr Cancer 68:743-9. 2016..The simplified nutritional appetite questionnaire (SNAQ) was validated to predict weight loss within 6 mo in community-dwelling adults and nursing home residents...
- Does increasing blood pH stimulate protein synthesis in dialysis patients?Fabio Ruggieri
Department of Internal Medicine, Kantonsspital, Winterthur, Switzerland
Nephron Clin Pract 112:c276-83. 2009..We evaluated whether alkalizing patients on hemodialysis might have a positive effect on protein synthesis and on nutritional parameters...
- Prevalence of undernutrition on admission to Swiss hospitalsReinhard Imoberdorf
Internal Medicine, Medizinische Klinik, Kantonsspital Winterthur, CH 8401 Winterthur, Switzerland
Clin Nutr 29:38-41. 2010..The differences in the rate of undernutrition arise from different diagnostic tools used in the studies. We aimed to investigate the prevalence of undernutrition in Swiss hospitals using a standardized screening tool...
- [Risk factors for falls and fall-related injuries in an acute care hospital--a retrospective case control study]Rita Müller
Universiteit Maastricht und WE G Aarau
Pflege 22:431-41. 2009..Therefore a predictive profile could be found for patients at risk to fall which might be helpful for further prevention strategies. However, no predictive marker for fall-related injuries could be defined in the present study...
- [Homeparenteral nutrition or nutrition for life]Cornelia Keller
Medizinische Klinik, Kantonsspital Winterthur, Winterthur
Ther Umsch 65:736-42. 2008..Although SBTx has advanced in the last years, SBTx is only an option when TPN failed, as survival rates after SBTx are still low compared to treatment with TPN...
- Serumalbumin--a qualified parameter to determine the nutritional status?Nadine Gehring
Departement Innere Medizin, Kantonsspital, Winterthur, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 136:664-9. 2006..As a secondary objective, correlations between nutritional status, the length of hospital stay, the number of drugs taken and patients' age were assessed...