Affiliation: Friedrich Miescher Institute
- Wnt1 and Wnt5a induce cyclin D1 expression through ErbB1 transactivation in HC11 mammary epithelial cellsGianluca Civenni
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
EMBO Rep 4:166-71. 2003..Our finding that Wnts transactivate ErbB1 in addition to stimulating the prototypic beta-catenin/TCF pathway may help to explain why wnt1 is a potent oncogene in the mammary gland...
- The ErbB receptors and their role in cancer progressionThomas Holbro
Friedrich Miescher Institute, PO Box 2543, 4002, Basel, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 284:99-110. 2003..e., ErbB1 cooperates with other classes of receptors, and the ligand-less ErbB2 functions as a heterodimer with other ErbBs...
- ErbB receptors: directing key signaling networks throughout lifeThomas Holbro
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 44:195-217. 2004..In this review, we discuss these data in more detail, illustrating the importance of tightly regulated ErbB signaling throughout life...
- Blocking of FGFR signaling inhibits breast cancer cell proliferation through downregulation of D-type cyclinsMagdalena Koziczak
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Oncogene 23:3501-8. 2004..In SUM 52 cells, both MAPK and PI3K signaling pathways were suppressed. In conclusion, results shown here describe a mechanism by which FGFR promotes proliferation of breast cancer cells...
- The ErbB2/ErbB3 heterodimer functions as an oncogenic unit: ErbB2 requires ErbB3 to drive breast tumor cell proliferationThomas Holbro
Friedrich Miescher Institute, P O Box 2543, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8933-8. 2003..Furthermore, we identify ErbB3's role, which is to couple active ErbB2 to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/protein kinase B pathway. Thus, the ErbB2/ErbB3 dimer functions as an oncogenic unit to drive breast tumor cell proliferation...