- Water-soluble vitamin levels in patients undergoing high-flux hemodialysis and receiving long-term oral postdialysis vitamin supplementationE Descombes
Dialysis Unit, Hopital Cantonal, Fribourg, Switzerland
Artif Organs 24:773-8. 2000..Postdialysis prescription allows an optimal compliance with the treatment, is well accepted by the patients, and is cost-effective...
- End-stage renal failure after irbesartan prescription in a diabetic patient with previously stable chronic renal insufficiencyE Descombes
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Cantonal, Fribourg, Switzerland
Ren Fail 22:815-21. 2000..This observation emphasizes the importance of a careful monitoring of renal function in patients receiving angiotensin II receptor antagonists...
- Difference in the homocysteine-lowering effect of folic acid in haemodialysis patients with and without occlusive vascular diseaseE Descombes
Dialysis Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, , Fribourg, Clinical Chemistry Laboratory, University Hospital, Lausanne and. Institute of Zoology, , Switzerland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:585-9. 2001....
- Diffusion kinetics in blood during haemodialysis and in vivo clearance of inorganic phosphateE Descombes
Dialysis Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Cantonal, Fribourg, Switzerland
Blood Purif 19:4-9. 2001..Whole-blood clearance determinations--as well as the in vitro dialyzer data--largely overestimate (>30%) the real in vivo dialyzer performance...
- Repeated transient anuria following losartan administration in a patient with a solitary kidneyJ O Maillard
Department of Internal Medicine, H pital Cantonal, Fribourg, Switzerland
Ren Fail 23:143-7. 2001..This case report highlights the fact that the angiotensin II receptor antagonist losartan can cause serious unexpected complications in patients with renovascular disease and should be used with extreme caution in this setting...