Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Preliminary experience in treatment of papillary and macular retinoblastoma: evaluation of local control and local complications after treatment with linear accelerator-based stereotactic radiotherapy with micromultileaf collimator as second-line or salvaAlessia Pica
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, and Department of Anesthesiology, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:1380-6. 2011..To determine the local control and complication rates for children with papillary and/or macular retinoblastoma progressing after chemotherapy and undergoing stereotactic radiotherapy (SRT) with a micromultileaf collimator...
- Whole brain radiotherapy with a conformational external beam radiation boost for lung cancer patients with 1-3 brain metastasis: a multi institutional studyNathalie Casanova
Radiation Oncology, Geneva University Hospital, 6 rue Gabrielle Perret Gentil, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Radiat Oncol 5:13. 2010..To determine the outcome of patients with brain metastasis (BM) from lung cancer treated with an external beam radiotherapy boost (RTB) after whole brain radiotherapy (WBRT)...
- New developments in external beam radiotherapy for retinoblastoma: from lens to normal tissue-sparing techniquesFrancis L Munier
Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:78-89. 2008..Finally, some guidelines are provided regarding indications to modern radiation therapy in patients requiring second-line or salvage treatment for intraocular retinoblastoma, as well as adjuvant therapy for orbital involvement...
- Modern cataract surgery for radiation-induced cataracts in retinoblastomaIhab M Osman
Hopital Ophtalmique Jules Gonin, Lausanne, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 95:227-30. 2011..This study analyses the safety and functional results of such surgery...
- (106)Ruthenium brachytherapy for retinoblastomaHana Abouzeid
Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, University of Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:821-8. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy of (106)Ru plaque brachytherapy for the treatment of retinoblastoma...
- Phase I/IIa study of cilengitide and temozolomide with concomitant radiotherapy followed by cilengitide and temozolomide maintenance therapy in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastomaRoger Stupp
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Rue du Bugnon 46, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 28:2712-8. 2010..This multicenter, phase I/IIa study investigated the efficacy and safety of cilengitide in combination with standard chemoradiotherapy in newly diagnosed glioblastoma...
- Adjuvant or radical fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for patients with pituitary functional and nonfunctional macroadenomaDamien C Weber
Department of Radiation Oncology, Geneva University Hospital, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Radiat Oncol 6:169. 2011..To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of stereotactic fractionated radiotherapy (SFRT) for patients with pituitary macroadenoma (PMA)...
- The results of surgery, with or without radiotherapy, for primary spinal myxopapillary ependymoma: a retrospective study from the rare cancer networkAlessia Pica
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:1114-20. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the outcome of patients with primary spinal myxopapillary ependymoma (MPE)...
- Automatic Segmentation of the Eye in 3D Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A Novel Statistical Shape Model for Treatment Planning of RetinoblastomaCarlos Ciller
Department of Radiology, Lausanne University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland Ophthalmic Technology Group, ARTORG Center of the University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland Centre d Imagerie BioMédicale, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland Electronic address
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 92:794-802. 2015..Here we present a framework to fully automatically segment the eye anatomy for MRI based on 3D active shape models (ASM), and we validate the results and present a proof of concept to automatically segment pathological eyes...
- High dose-rate versus low dose-rate brachytherapy for lip cancerPirus Ghadjar
Department of Radiation Oncology, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, and University of Bern, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:1205-12. 2012..To analyze the outcome after low-dose-rate (LDR) or high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy for lip cancer...
- Radiosurgery for trigeminal neuralgia using a linear accelerator with BrainLab system: report on initial experience in Lausanne, SwitzerlandMarc Pusztaszeri
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 137:682-6. 2007..Radiosurgery is an effective treatment for trigeminal neuralgia (TN) with minimal complications. Most experience is based on gamma knife radiosurgery (GKRS) and to a lesser extent on linear accelerators...