Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
- Clinical Experience with Immune Monitoring for Cytomegalovirus in Solid-Organ Transplant RecipientsOriol Manuel
Infectious Diseases Service and Transplantation Center, University Hospital CHUV and University of Lausanne, MP14 316 CHUV, 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland
Curr Infect Dis Rep . 2013..Overall, these studies indicate that the use of cell-mediated immunity assays has the potential to improve the management of CMV disease in SOT recipients...
- Assessment of cytomegalovirus-specific cell-mediated immunity for the prediction of cytomegalovirus disease in high-risk solid-organ transplant recipients: a multicenter cohort studyOriol Manuel
Infectious Diseases Service and Transplantation Center, University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 56:817-24. 2013..CMV-specific cell-mediated immunity may be able to predict which patients will develop CMV disease...
- Variable viral clearance despite adequate ganciclovir plasma levels during valganciclovir treatment for cytomegalovirus disease in D+/R- transplant recipientsNancy Perrottet
Microbiology Institute, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Infect Dis 10:2. 2010..This prospective observational study aimed to correlate clinical and cytomegalovirus (CMV) viral load response (DNAemia) with ganciclovir plasma concentrations in patients treated with valganciclovir for CMV infection/disease...
- Meningococcal disease in a kidney transplant recipient with mannose-binding lectin deficiencyO Manuel
Infectious Diseases Service, Transplantation Center, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Transpl Infect Dis 9:214-8. 2007..To our knowledge, this is the first report of meningococcal disease after organ transplantation in a patient with MBL deficiency...
- Valganciclovir to prevent or treat cytomegalovirus disease in organ transplantationOriol Manuel
Transplantation Center, University Hospital of Lausanne CHUV, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 9:955-65. 2011..Finally, novel strategies to further reduce the incidence of CMV disease after transplantation are also reviewed...
- Low-dose intradermal versus intramuscular trivalent inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine in lung transplant recipientsOriol Manuel
Infectious Diseases Service, University Hospital Center CHUV and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Heart Lung Transplant 30:679-84. 2011..In this study we compared the immunogenicity of influenza vaccine administered intradermally to the standard intramuscular vaccination in lung transplant recipients...
- Humoral response to the influenza A H1N1/09 monovalent AS03-adjuvanted vaccine in immunocompromised patientsOriol Manuel
Transplantation Center, Infectious Diseases Service, University Hospital of Lausanne CHUV and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 52:248-56. 2011..We evaluated the humoral response to the influenza A H1N1/09 vaccine in solid-organ transplant (SOT) recipients, in patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, and in healthy individuals...
- Ganciclovir exposure under a 450 mg daily dosage of valganciclovir for cytomegalovirus prevention in kidney transplantation: a prospective studyOriol Manuel
Transplantation Center, University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Transplant 24:794-800. 2010..A routine daily dose of 450 mg valganciclovir appears to be acceptable for CMV prophylaxis in most kidney transplant recipients...
- Impact of standardised review of intravenous antibiotic therapy 72 hours after prescription in two internal medicine wardsO Manuel
Service of Hospital Preventive Medicine and Service of Infectious Diseases, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Hosp Infect 74:326-31. 2010..0 days, P=0.007). Patients included in the intervention group had lower antibiotic consumption than patients in the control group, but the intervention had no significant impact on the overall antibiotic consumption of the two wards...
- [Management of infection after organ transplantation by the primary care physician]Oriol Manuel
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Département de médecine et Centre de transplantation d organes, CHUV, 1011 Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 5:722-6. 2009..Collaboration with the transplantation specialists is recommended in order to assure an optimal management of these patients...
- An assessment of donor-to-recipient transmission patterns of human cytomegalovirus by analysis of viral genomic variantsOriol Manuel
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Infect Dis 199:1621-8. 2009..We studied human cytomegalovirus (CMV) donor-to-recipient transmission patterns in organ transplantation by analyzing genomic variants on the basis of CMV glycoprotein B (gB) genotyping...
- Cell-mediated immunity to predict cytomegalovirus disease in high-risk solid organ transplant recipientsD Kumar
Transplant Infectious Diseases, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Transplant 9:1214-22. 2009..0%) patients with a detectable interferon-gamma response (cutoff 0.1 IU/mL) versus 10/25 (40.0%) patients with a negative CMI, p = 0.12. Monitoring of CMI may be useful for predicting late-onset CMV disease...
- KIR-associated protection from CMV replication requires pre-existing immunity: a prospective study in solid organ transplant recipientsA Gonzalez
Immunotherapy Laboratory, Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Genes Immun 15:495-9. 2014..22-1.53, P=0.28). These data indicate a prominent role for KIR-and presumably natural killer (NK) cells-in the control of CMV replication in CMV seropositive organ transplant recipients treated with intense immunosuppression. ..
- Population pharmacokinetics of ganciclovir in solid-organ transplant recipients receiving oral valganciclovirN Perrottet
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology Département de Médecine, Hôpital de Beaumont 06, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3017-23. 2009..However, GCV plasma measurement may still be helpful in specific clinical situations...
- Impact of antiviral preventive strategies on the incidence and outcomes of cytomegalovirus disease in solid organ transplant recipientsO Manuel
Transplantation Center, University Hospital CHUV and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland Infectious Diseases Service, University Hospital CHUV and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Transplant 13:2402-10. 2013..63 [95% CI 1.01-2.64], p = 0.044). The incidence of CMV disease in this cohort was low and not influenced by the preventive strategy used. However, patients on CMV prophylaxis were more likely to be free from graft failure...
- [Hepatitis B immunization in the neonate and the immunocompromised: time to resort to dedicated teams?]N Boillat Blanco
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, CHUV, 1011 Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 8:901-4. 2012....
- Comparison of quantiferon-TB gold with tuberculin skin test for detecting latent tuberculosis infection prior to liver transplantationO Manuel
Transplant Infectious Diseases, and Microbiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Transplant 7:2797-801. 2007..In patients awaiting liver transplantation, both the TST and QFT-G were comparable for the diagnosis of LTBI with reasonable concordance between tests. Indeterminate QFT-G result was more likely in those with more advanced liver disease...
- Visceral leishmaniasis in a lung transplant recipient: usefulness of highly sensitive real-time polymerase chain reaction for preemptive diagnosisO Opota
Institute of Microbiology, University of Lausanne and University Hospital Center, Lausanne, Switzerland
Transpl Infect Dis 18:801-804. 2016....
- CCL8 and the Immune Control of Cytomegalovirus in Organ Transplant RecipientsL F Lisboa
Li Ka Shing Institute of Virology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Transplant 15:1882-92. 2015....
- The Impact of Infection on Chronic Allograft Dysfunction and Allograft Survival After Solid Organ TransplantationC Martin-Gandul
Transplantation Center, University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Transplant 15:3024-40. 2015....
- Immunogenicity and safety of an intradermal boosting strategy for vaccination against influenza in lung transplant recipientsO Manuel
Transplant Infectious Diseases, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Transplant 7:2567-72. 2007..024). After a single standard dose of influenza vaccine, a booster dose given by intradermal injection did not significantly improve vaccine immunogenicity in lung transplant recipients...
- CSF lactate for accurate diagnosis of community-acquired bacterial meningitisS Giulieri
Infectious Diseases Service, Department of Medicine, Lausanne University Hospital CHUV, Rue du Bugnon 46, 1011, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 34:2049-55. 2015..5 mmol/l providing 100% sensitivity, specificity, PPV, NPV, and efficiency. CSF lactate had the best accuracy for discriminating bacterial from viral meningitis and should be included in the initial diagnostic workup of this condition...
- Rapid detection of Staphylococcus aureus strains with reduced susceptibility to vancomycin by isothermal microcalorimetryJ M Entenza
Department of Fundamental Microbiology, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Microbiol 52:180-6. 2014..The measurement of bacterial heat production might represent a simple and rapid method for the detection of reduced susceptibilities to vancomycin in MRSA strains. ..