- Light trapping in solar cells: can periodic beat random?Corsin Battaglia
Institute of Microengineering IMT, Photovoltaics and Thin Film Electronics Laboratory, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, 2000 Neuchatel, Switzerland
ACS Nano 6:2790-7. 2012....
- Nanoimprint lithography for high-efficiency thin-film silicon solar cellsCorsin Battaglia
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne EPFL, Institute of Microengineering IMT, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Nano Lett 11:661-5. 2011..As efforts to maximize light harvesting continue, our study validates nanoimprinting as a versatile tool to investigate nanophotonic effects of a large variety of nanostructures directly on device performance...
- Valence band structure of the Si(331)-(12 × 1) surface reconstructionCorsin Battaglia
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Institute of Microengineering IMT, Neuchatel, Switzerland
J Phys Condens Matter 23:135003. 2011..6 eV exhibiting a flat energy dispersion. These results are confirmed by scanning tunneling spectroscopy and are consistent with recent first-principles calculations for our structural model...
- Multiscale transparent electrode architecture for efficient light management and carrier collection in solar cellsMathieu Boccard
Institute of Microengineering IMT, Photovoltaics and Thin Film Electronics Laboratory, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Rue A L Breguet 2, CH 2000 Neuchatel, Switzerland
Nano Lett 12:1344-8. 2012..The tunability accessible through such multiscale electrode architecture offers unprecedented possibilities to address the trade-off between cell optical and electrical performance...
- Elementary structural building blocks encountered in silicon surface reconstructionsCorsin Battaglia
Institut de Physique, Universite de Neuchatel, 2000 Neuchatel, Switzerland
J Phys Condens Matter 21:013001. 2009..We here identify important elementary building blocks and discuss their integration into the structural models as well as their impact on the electronic structure of the surface...