Affiliation: Balgrist University Hospital
- Three-dimensional correction of distal radius intra-articular malunions using patient-specific drill guidesAndreas Schweizer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Zurich, Uniklinik Balgrist, Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
J Hand Surg Am 38:2339-47. 2013..To analyze the feasibility of combining computer-assisted 3-dimensional planning with patient-specific drill guides and to evaluate this technology's surgical outcomes for distal radius intra-articular malunions...
- [New technologies in planning and performance of osteotonics: example cases in hand surgery]Andreas Schweizer
Orthopädie Handchirurgie, Uniklinik Balgrist, Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 102:579-84. 2013..The new possibilities of this ostetomy technique are presented with 4 examples/cases from the hand surgery...
- Sport climbing from a medical point of viewAndreas Schweizer
Uniklinik Balgrist, Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 142:w13688. 2012..An overview of the most common and most specific climbing related injuries as well as their diagnosis and treatment options with a focus on the upper extremity are presented...
- Static and dynamic human flexor tendon-pulley interactionAndreas Schweizer
Orthopaedic Department, Universitätsklinik Balgrist, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biomech 42:1856-61. 2009..The kind of preceding movement therefore showed an influence to the torque being generated in the proximal interphalangeal joint. The effect could be simulated on a mechanical finger device...
- Transhamate periscaphoid axial radial fracture dislocation of the carpusAndreas Schweizer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Hand Surg Am 33:210-2. 2008..The functional result was 70% of range of motion and 75% of strength with minimal symptoms...
- Friction between finger flexor tendons and the pulley system in the crimp grip positionBeat K Moor
Department of Orthopaedics, Balgrist, University of Zurich, Switzerland Forchstrasse 340, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 24:20-5. 2009..The aim of this study was to quantify friction between the flexor tendons and pulleys and the influence of high load and speed of movement as a potential factor of pulley disruption...
- MRI of the thumb: anatomy and spectrum of findings in asymptomatic volunteersAnna Hirschmann
1 Department of Radiology, Orthopedic University Hospital Balgrist, University of Zurich, Forchstrasse 340, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 202:819-27. 2014..OBJECTIVE.:The purpose of this article is to analyze the MR anatomy and variable imaging characteristics of the thumb in asymptomatic volunteers...
- Detection of small tendon lesions by sonoelastographic visualization of strain profile differences: initial experiencesAline R Buck
Department of Radiology, Orthopedic University Hospital Balgrist, Zurich, Switzerland
Skeletal Radiol 41:1073-9. 2012..To assess the capability of a commercial sonoelastography system to detect small tendon lesions by quantitative analysis of elastogram profiles...
- Kinetics of crimp and slope grip in rock climbingAndreas Schweizer
Universitätsklinik Balgrist, Orthopädie, Zurich, Switzerland
J Appl Biomech 27:116-21. 2011..The FDP seems to be most important for very small holds using the crimp grip but also during slope grip holds whereas the FDS is more important for larger flat holds...
- Computer-Assisted 3-Dimensional Reconstructions of Scaphoid Fractures and Nonunions With and Without the Use of Patient-Specific Guides: Early Clinical Outcomes and Postoperative Assessments of Reconstruction AccuracyAndreas Schweizer
Orthopedic Department, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Hand Surg Am 41:59-69. 2016..To present results regarding the accuracy of the reduction of surgically reconstructed scaphoid nonunions or fractures using 3-dimensional computer-based planning with and without patient-specific guides...
- Three-dimensional postoperative accuracy of extra-articular forearm osteotomies using CT-scan based patient-specific surgical guidesLazaros Vlachopoulos
Computer Assisted Research and Development Group, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 16:336. 2015..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of this surgical technique based on postoperative three-dimensional (3D) computed tomography (CT) data...
- 3D analysis of the proximal interphalangeal joint kinematics during flexionFlorian Hess
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Zurich, Uniklinik Balgrist, Forchstrasse 340, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Comput Math Methods Med 2013:138063. 2013..The purpose of this study is to demonstrate the feasibility of these techniques for quantitative motion analysis of the interphalangeal joint in 3D...
- Three-dimensional computed tomographic analysis of 11 scaphoid waist nonunionsAndreas Schweizer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Zurich, Uniklinik Balgrist, Zurich, Switzerland
J Hand Surg Am 37:1151-8. 2012....
- Three-dimensional corrective osteotomies of complex malunited humeral fractures using patient-specific guidesLazaros Vlachopoulos
Computer Assisted Research and Development Group, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland Computer Vision Laboratory, ETH Zurich Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 25:2040-2047. 2016....
- The carpometacarpal joint of the thumb: MR appearance in asymptomatic volunteersAnna Hirschmann
Department of Radiology, Orthopedic University Hospital Balgrist, University of Zurich, Forchstrasse 340, 8008, Zurich, Switzerland
Skeletal Radiol 42:1105-12. 2013..To prospectively characterize the MR appearance of the carpometacarpal (CMC) joint of the thumb in asymptomatic volunteers...
- Suitability of Thiel embalmed tendons for biomechanical investigationGion Fessel
Department of Orthopedics, University of Zurich, Balgrist, Switzerland
Ann Anat 193:237-41. 2011..In conclusion, Thiel embalmed tendons did not faithfully represent the biomechanical characteristics of fresh frozen tendons...
- Influence of Plate Size and Design upon Healing of Ulna-Shortening OsteotomiesAnna Jungwirth-Weinberger
Department of Orthopedics, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Wrist Surg 5:284-289. 2016..Furthermore, the cost of the implant is higher than the LCDPC 3.5. Type of Study Retrospective comparative study. Therapeutic evidence Level III...
- Complex Osteotomies of Tibial Plateau Malunions Using Computer-Assisted Planning and Patient-Specific Surgical GuidesPhilipp Fürnstahl
Computer Assisted Research and Development Group, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland and Department of Orthopedics, Balgrist University Hospital, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Orthop Trauma 29:e270-6. 2015..For selective patients with complex malunions around the tibia plateau, this method might be an attractive option, with the potential to facilitate achieving the most accurate correction possible. ..
- Is dynamic gadolinium enhancement needed in MR imaging for the preoperative assessment of scaphoidal viability in patients with scaphoid nonunion?Olivio F Donati
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Balgrist, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Radiology 260:808-16. 2011..To compare the accuracy of dynamic gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging with that of standard MR imaging for assessing the viability of the proximal pole of the scaphoid in patients with nonunion...
- Long-term results after repair and augmentation ligamentoplasty of rotatory subluxation of the scaphoidAndreas Schweizer
Department of Hand Surgery, Orthopadische Klinik, Kantonsspital Liestal, Rheinstrasse 26, 4410 Liestal, Switzerland
J Hand Surg Am 27:674-84. 2002..Five wrists showed a distinct pattern of midcarpal degeneration correlating with notable dorsal intercalated segment instability after surgery, and 2 cases had signs of radioscaphoid degeneration...