Beate P Hanson
Affiliation: AO Research Institute
- Implant removal of osteosynthesis: the Dutch practice. Results of a surveyDagmar Vos
Department of Surgery, Amphia Hospital Breda, PO Box 90158, Breda, 4800 RK, Netherlands
J Trauma Manag Outcomes 6:6. 2012..abstract:..
- Clinical outcome of implant removal after fracture healing. Design of a prospective multicentre clinical cohort studyDagmar I Vos
Department of Surgery, Amphia Hospital Breda, Breda, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:147. 2012....
- What should an ideal spinal injury classification system consist of? A methodological review and conceptual proposal for future classificationsJoost J van Middendorp
Spine Unit, Department of Orthopaedics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 19:1238-49. 2010..This review provides a methodological concept which might be considered prior to the synthesis of new or modified spinal injury classifications...
- Fluid lavage in patients with open fracture wounds (FLOW): an international survey of 984 surgeonsBrad Petrisor
Department of Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:7. 2008..Our objective was to clarify current opinion with regard to the irrigation of open fracture wounds...
- The art of choosing sound study endpointsBeate Hanson
AO Clinical Investigation and Documentation, Stettbachstrasse 6, CH 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
Injury 39:656-8. 2008..Valid outcome tools (e.g., Short-Form 36) are needed to ensure comparability of findings to other studies...
- Surgeons' beliefs and perceptions about removal of orthopaedic implantsBeate Hanson
AO Foundation, Clinical Investigation and Documentation, Dubendorf, Switzerland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:73. 2008..There are no evidence-based guidelines on this matter, and little is known on surgeons' practice and perceived effectiveness of implant removal in different clinical settings...
- The association of third molars with mandibular angle fractures: a meta-analysisBeate P Hanson
AO Clinical Investigation and Documentation, AO ASIF Center, Davos Platz, Switzerland
J Can Dent Assoc 70:39-43. 2004..To estimate the relative risk of mandibular angle fractures among people with a lower third molar compared with those without a lower third molar...
- Designing, conducting and reporting clinical research. A step by step approachBeate P Hanson
AO Clinical Investigation and Documentation AOCID, Clavadelerstrasse, CH 7270 Davos Platz, Switzerland
Injury 37:583-94. 2006..Though it does not address every detail for each of the steps discussed, readers of all experience levels should find it a useful tool in the planning, execution and reporting of their next clinical study...
- Clinical studies in spinal surgeryBeate Hanson
AO Clinical Investigation and Documentation, Clavadelerstrasse, 7270, Davos, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 14:721-5. 2005..We describe the main principles for conducting clinical trials in this field as well as some of the most common errors and ways to avoid them...
- The need for education in evidence-based orthopedics: an international survey of AO course participantsBeate P Hanson
AO Clinical Investigation and Documentation, Clavadelerstrasse, Davos, Switzerland
Acta Orthop Scand 75:328-32. 2004..As evidence-based practitioners, surgeons need to understand study methodology to critically appraise and conduct research...
- How to read the orthopedic literatureDavid L Helfet
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 34:418-9. 2005
- Perception of Garden's classification for femoral neck fractures: an international survey of 298 orthopaedic trauma surgeonsMichael Zlowodzki
Department of Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 125:503-5. 2005..High variability in the surgeons' perceptions of the Garden classification system provides a rationale for discontinuing the use of this system in daily practice...
- Lower mortality in patients with scapular fracturesBrad Weening
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Trauma 59:1477-81. 2005..The purpose of this research was to compare associated injuries and mortality in multiply injured patients with scapular fractures with those without scapular fractures...