Laurent G Ameye
- Abnormal collagen fibrils in tendons of biglycan/fibromodulin-deficient mice lead to gait impairment, ectopic ossification, and osteoarthritisLaurent Ameye
Craniofacial and Skeletal Diseases Branch, NIDCR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
FASEB J 16:673-80. 2002..The study shows that mutations in SLRPs may predispose to osteoarthritis and offers a valuable and unique animal model for spontaneous osteoarthritis characterized by early onset and a rapid progression of the disease...
- Osteoarthritis and nutrition. From nutraceuticals to functional foods: a systematic review of the scientific evidenceLaurent G Ameye
Nutrition and Health Department, Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R127. 2006..Overall, scientific evidence exists for some specific nutritional interventions to provide symptom relief to osteoarthritic patients. It remains to be investigated whether nutritional compounds can have structure-modifying effects...
- Animal models of osteoarthritis: lessons learned while seeking the "Holy Grail"Laurent G Ameye
Nutrition and Health Department, Nestle Research Center, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Curr Opin Rheumatol 18:537-47. 2006..This review will summarize the recent advances in this field...
- The chemical biomarkers C2C, Coll2-1, and Coll2-1NO2 provide complementary information on type II collagen catabolism in healthy and osteoarthritic miceL G Ameye
Nestle Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 56:3336-46. 2007....
- Mice deficient in biglycan and fibromodulin as a model for temporomandibular joint osteoarthritisSunil Wadhwa
Craniofacial and Skeletal Diseases Branch, National Institutes of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 181:136-43. 2005..These data underscore the importance of the ECM in controlling the structural integrity of the TMJ...
- Mice deficient in small leucine-rich proteoglycans: novel in vivo models for osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, muscular dystrophy, and corneal diseasesLaurent Ameye
Craniofacial and Skeletal Diseases Branch, Building 30 Room 225, NIDCR, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Glycobiology 12:107R-16R. 2002....
- Biglycan knockout mice: new models for musculoskeletal diseasesMarian F Young
Craniofacial and Skeletal Diseases Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services
Glycoconj J 19:257-62. 2002..These studies present important new animal models for musculoskeletal diseases and provide the opportunity to characterize the network of signals that control tissue integrity and function through SLRP activity...
- Fibromodulin-deficient mice display impaired collagen fibrillogenesis in predentin as well as altered dentin mineralization and enamel formationMichel Goldberg
Laboratoire Réparation et Remodelage des Tissus Oro Faciaux, EA 4296, Groupe Matrices Extracellulaires et Biomineralisations, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, Universite Paris V, Montrouge, France
J Histochem Cytochem 54:525-37. 2006..Together these studies indicate that Fmod restricts collagen fibrillogenesis in predentin while promoting dentin mineralization and the early stages of enamel formation...