Genomes and Genes
- Distinct differences in chromatin structure at subtelomeric X and Y' elements in budding yeastXuefeng Zhu
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 4:e6363. 2009..Our analyses suggest that the presence of X and Y' elements govern chromatin structure and transcription activity at individual chromosome ends...
- Mediator influences telomeric silencing and cellular life spanXuefeng Zhu
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of Gothenburg, Medicinaregatan 9A, SE 40530 Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 31:2413-21. 2011..Increases in H4K16 acetylation have been observed at telomeres in aging cells. In agreement with this observation, we found that the loss of MED5 leads to shortening of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae (budding yeast) replicative life span...
- Histone modifications influence mediator interactions with chromatinXuefeng Zhu
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of Gothenburg, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 39:8342-54. 2011..Our studies show that chromatin structure and the acetylation state of histones are intimately connected to Mediator localization...
- Loss of the Mediator subunit Med20 affects transcription of tRNA and other non-coding RNA genes in fission yeastJonas O P Carlsten
Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, P O Box 440, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1859:339-47. 2016..We suggest that fission yeast Mediator takes part in a regulatory pathway that affects Pol III-dependent transcripts. ..
- The exonuclease activity of DNA polymerase γ is required for ligation during mitochondrial DNA replicationBertil Macao
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of Gothenburg, Medicinaregatan 9 A, P O Box 440, SE 40530 Gothenburg, Sweden
Nat Commun 6:7303. 2015..In the subsequent round of replication, the nicks lead to double-strand breaks and linear fragment formation. ..
- Mediator tail subunits can form amyloid-like aggregates in vivo and affect stress response in yeastXuefeng Zhu
Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, P O Box 440, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 43:7306-14. 2015..In combination with genome wide transcription analysis, our data demonstrate that amyloid formation can change the subunit composition of Mediator and thereby influence transcriptional output in budding yeast...
- Mediator promotes CENP-a incorporation at fission yeast centromeresJonas O Carlsten
Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 32:4035-43. 2012..Our data thus identify Mediator as a crucial regulator of ncRNA transcription at fission yeast centromeres and add another crucial layer of regulation to centromere function...
- The multitalented Mediator complexJonas O P Carlsten
University of Gothenburg, Institute of Biomedicine, PO Box 440, 40530 Gothenburg, Sweden
Trends Biochem Sci 38:531-7. 2013..We also discuss the inherent difficulties associated with in vivo characterization of a coactivator complex that can indirectly affect diverse cellular processes via changes in gene transcription. ..
- In vivo occupancy of mitochondrial single-stranded DNA binding protein supports the strand displacement mode of DNA replicationJavier Miralles Fusté
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
PLoS Genet 10:e1004832. 2014..The pattern correlates with the replication products expected for the strand displacement mode of mtDNA synthesis, lending strong in vivo support for this debated model for mitochondrial DNA replication. ..