- Detection of hepatitis C core antigen in serum or plasma as a marker of hepatitis C viraemia in the serological window-phaseA Widell
Department of Medical Microbiology, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Transfus Med 12:107-13. 2002..Additional development of technology for detecting HCVcoreAg may be useful for patient diagnosis and therapy monitoring...
- Clinical spectrum of hepatitis C-related liver disease and response to treatment with interferon and ribavirin in haemophilia or von Willebrand diseaseS Lethagen
Department for Coagulation Disorders, University of Lund, University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Br J Haematol 113:87-93. 2001....
- Dynamic changes in hepatitis C virus genotypes and sequence patterns in plasma donors exposed to reinfectionS Zhang
Department of Medical Microbiology, , Sweden
J Med Virol 63:228-36. 2001..Highly specific primers proved to be superior to cloning for identification of minor virus populations. The results indicate nosocomial transmission of more than one strain at the blood bank studied...
- Minimal transmission of HIV despite persistently high transmission of hepatitis C virus in a Swedish needle exchange programM Alanko Blomé
Department of Infectious Diseases, Division of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Viral Hepat 18:831-9. 2011..HCV RNA testing in anti-HCV-negative NEP participants led to more accurate identification of timepoints for transmission...
- GB virus C/hepatitis G virus infection in patients investigated for chronic liver disease and in the general population in southern SwedenP Bjorkman
Department of Infectious Diseases, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 33:611-7. 2001..Apart from a higher prevalence of bile duct degeneration in viremic patients, infection with GBV-C/HGV did not confer any specific histological characteristics...
- Vaccination against hepatitis B virus among people who inject drugs - A 20year experience from a Swedish needle exchange programM Alanko Blomé
Department of Clinical Sciences, Infectious Disease Research Unit, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Vaccine 35:84-90. 2017..The aim of this study was to evaluate vaccine completion and response rates, and the effect of sequential booster doses to non-responders to the standard vaccination schedule...
- A case-control study of transmission routes for GB virus C/hepatitis G virus in Swedish blood donors lacking markers for hepatitis C virus infectionP Bjorkman
Department of Infectious Diseases, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Vox Sang 81:148-53. 2001..The transmission routes for GB virus-C (GBV-C)/hepatitis G virus (HGV) in blood donors unexposed to hepatitis C virus (HCV) are unknown. We performed a case-control study of risk factors for GBV-C/HGV exposure in blood donors...
- Detection and prevention of hepatitis C in dialysis patients and renal transplant recipients. A long-term follow up (1989-January 1997)G Almroth
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital of Linkoping, Sweden
J Intern Med 251:119-28. 2002..Hepatitis C is frequent problem in dialysis wards...
- Nosocomial hepatitis C in a thoracic surgery unit; retrospective findings generating a prospective studyK Cardell
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
J Hosp Infect 68:322-8. 2008..Despite the retrospectively identified cases, nosocomial hepatitis C is rare in our thoracic unit. The study points out the risk of transmission of hepatitis C from infected personnel and reiterates the need for universal precautions...