Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Circulating levels of perfluoroalkyl substances are associated with dietary patterns - A cross sectional study in elderly Swedish men and womenPer Sjogren
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden Electronic address
Environ Res 150:59-65. 2016..In our daily life, we are exposed to perfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) with possible health implications. The main exposure route for these substances is diet but comparative studies on how dietary habits influence exposure are lacking...
- Functional changes in adipose tissue in a randomised controlled trial of physical activityPer Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Solna Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Lipids Health Dis 11:80. 2012..Lifestyle changes such as increased physical activity improve a range of cardiometabolic risk factors. The objective of this study was to examine whether functional changes in adipose tissue were related to these improvements...
- Mediterranean and carbohydrate-restricted diets and mortality among elderly men: a cohort study in SwedenPer Sjogren
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Section of Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 92:967-74. 2010..Comparative studies on dietary patterns and long-term mortality are sparse...
- Simple advice on lifestyle habits and long-term changes in biomarkers of inflammation and vascular adhesion in healthy middle-aged menP Sjogren
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Science Park, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:1450-6. 2010..We investigated whether simple advice on dietary and exercise habits given (at a single time point) to hypercholesterolemic men affects circulating biomarkers of inflammation and vascular adhesion...
- High plasma concentrations of autoantibodies against native peptide 210 of apoB-100 are related to less coronary atherosclerosis and lower risk of myocardial infarctionPer Sjogren
Department of Medicine, Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Solna Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Heart J 29:2218-26. 2008..We examined whether antibodies against peptides 45 and 210 of apoB-100 are related to myocardial infarction (MI) and severity of coronary atherosclerosis...
- Serum fatty acid patterns, insulin sensitivity and the metabolic syndrome in individuals with chronic kidney diseaseX Huang
Divisions of Renal Medicine and Baxter Novum, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention, and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intern Med 275:71-83. 2014..We investigated the relationships between dietary fat quality, the metabolic syndrome (MetS), insulin sensitivity and inflammation in individuals with CKD...
- Fatty acid desaturases in human adipose tissue: relationships between gene expression, desaturation indexes and insulin resistanceP Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetologia 51:328-35. 2008..However, the role of desaturase activity in adipose tissue is uncertain. We therefore evaluated relationships between adipose mRNA expression, estimated desaturase activities (fatty acid ratios) in adipose tissue and insulin resistance...
- Adipose tissue fatty acids and insulin sensitivity in elderly menD Iggman
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Diabetologia 53:850-7. 2010..We aimed to determine the association between adipose tissue fatty acids and insulin sensitivity in elderly Swedish men...
- Excess protein intake relative to fiber and cardiovascular events in elderly men with chronic kidney diseaseH Xu
Division of Renal Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden Division of Baxter Novum, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 26:597-602. 2016..Nutrients are not consumed in isolation; we hypothesize that CVD events in CKD may be associated with dietary patterns aligned with an excess of dietary protein relative to fiber...
- Cross-sectional relationships between dietary fat intake and serum cholesterol fatty acids in a Swedish cohort of 60-year-old men and womenF Laguzzi
Unit of Cardiovascular Epidemiology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Hum Nutr Diet 29:325-37. 2016..The present study aimed to describe the relationship between self-reported dietary intake and serum cholesterol fatty acids (FAs) in a Swedish population of 60-year-old men and women...
- Biomarkers of milk fat and the risk of myocardial infarction in men and women: a prospective, matched case-control studyEva Warensjo
Department of Public Health, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 92:194-202. 2010..High intakes of saturated fat have been associated with cardiovascular disease, and milk fat is rich in saturated fat...
- Autoantibodies against modified apolipoprotein B-100 in relation to low-density lipoprotein size and the metabolic syndrome in otherwise healthy menPer Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Metabolism 57:362-6. 2008..07). We conclude that subjects with a predominance of small dense LDL particles have elevated concentrations of IgG(45) in the circulation, which reflect an activated immune response to a specific epitope of modified apo B-100...
- Fatty acid handling protein expression in adipose tissue, fatty acid composition of adipose tissue and serum, and markers of insulin resistanceK Gertow
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 60:1406-13. 2006..Therefore this study investigated relationships between FA handling protein mRNA expression in adipose tissue, FA composition of adipose tissue and serum, and markers of insulin resistance...
- Systemic tocopherols and F2-isoprostanes and the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia: a prospective population-based studyJohan Sundelöf
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences Geriatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Alzheimers Dis 18:71-8. 2009..In conclusion, systemic serum alpha- and gamma-tocopherol and urinary F2-isoprostane levels are not associated with the future risk of AD or dementia and do not seem to be useful predictors of clinical AD or dementia...
- Markers of endothelial activity are related to components of the metabolic syndrome, but not to circulating concentrations of the advanced glycation end-product N epsilon-carboxymethyl-lysine in healthy Swedish menPer Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 195:e168-75. 2007..Insulin resistance, inflammation, oxidative stress, the dietary intake of energy and alcohol, but not plasma CML, predicted endothelial activation in these men...