Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Gastrointestinal sensitivity to soy and milk proteins in patients with IgA nephropathyH Kloster Smerud
Departments of Nephrology, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Nephrol 74:364-71. 2010..sensitivity to food antigens has been postulated as a contributing factor to the pathogenesis of IgA nephropathy (IgAN)...
- Clinical and subclinical intestinal inflammation assessed by the mucosal patch technique: studies of mucosal neutrophil and eosinophil activation in inflammatory bowel diseases and irritable bowel syndromeG Kristjansson
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Uppsala, University Hospital of Uppsala, 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Gut 53:1806-12. 2004..In this study, we have evaluated the potential of a new method, the mucosal patch technique, in patients with and without apparent gut inflammation, as assessed by conventional diagnostic procedures...
- Gut mucosal granulocyte activation precedes nitric oxide production: studies in coeliac patients challenged with gluten and cornG Kristjansson
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Department of Gastroenterology, Uppsala University Hospital, 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Gut 54:769-74. 2005..To elucidate the dynamics of nitric oxide (NO) production induced by rectal gluten challenge and the relation between NO production and mucosal granulocyte activation...
- Kinetics of mucosal granulocyte activation after gluten challenge in coeliac diseaseGudjon Kristjansson
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:662-9. 2005..To elucidate the dynamics of the rectal inflammatory response to rectal gluten challenge in coeliac disease by measuring inflammatory mediators released by activated neutrophils, eosinophils and mast cells/basophils...
- Mucosal reactivity to cow's milk protein in coeliac diseaseG Kristjansson
Department of Medical Sciences, University Hospital of Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Exp Immunol 147:449-55. 2007..A mucosal inflammatory response similar to that elicited by gluten was produced by CM protein in about 50% of the patients with coeliac disease. Casein, in particular, seems to be involved in this reaction...
- Gluten sensitivity in patients with IgA nephropathyHilde Kloster Smerud
Section of Nephrology, Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2476-81. 2009..Coeliac disease is more frequent in IgA nephropathy (IgAN) patients compared to the healthy population. Several hypotheses postulate that food antigens like gluten may be involved in the onset of IgAN...
- Tissue localization and the establishment of a sensitive immunoassay of the newly discovered human phospholipase B-precursor (PLB-P)Shengyuan Xu
Dept of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry, Uppsala University, SE 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
J Immunol Methods 353:71-7. 2010..The levels correlated to markers of neutrophil activation, suggesting a neutrophil origin of PLB-P in these conditions. The antibodies and the assay will be useful in the future basic and clinical investigations of PLB-P...
- Gluten sensitivity in patients with primary Sjögren's syndromeMaria Lidén
Department of Medical Sciences Rheumatology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:962-7. 2007..To evaluate the rectal mucosal response to gluten as an indication of gluten sensitivity in patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome (pSS)...
- Cow's milk protein sensitivity assessed by the mucosal patch technique is related to irritable bowel syndrome in patients with primary Sjögren's syndromeM Lidén
Clinic of Rheumatology, Department of Medical Sciences, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 38:929-35. 2008..We have observed that irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)-like symptoms are frequent complaints in this patient group. Allergic manifestations to various drugs are also common in pSS. A role of food allergy in IBS has been proposed...
- Palmoplantar pustulosis and gluten sensitivity: a study of serum antibodies against gliadin and tissue transglutaminase, the duodenal mucosa and effects of gluten-free dietG Michaelsson
Department of Dermatology, Medical Sciences, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Br J Dermatol 156:659-66. 2007..Some patients also have psoriasis. A subgroup of patients with psoriasis has been shown to have silent gluten sensitivity with relevance for their psoriasis. Nothing is known about gluten sensitivity in PPP...
- Self-reported food intolerance and mucosal reactivity after rectal food protein challenge in patients with rheumatoid arthritisM Lidén
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Scand J Rheumatol 39:292-8. 2010..A secondary aim was to relate self-experienced adverse reactions to dairy produce and wheat to the local mucosal reactivity observed after rectal challenge with cow's milk protein (CM) and wheat gluten...
- Patients with psoriatic arthritis have an increased number of lymphocytes in the duodenal mucosa in comparison with patients with psoriasis vulgarisUlla Lindqvist
Department of Medical Sciences, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Rheumatol 33:924-7. 2006..To determine if there is evidence of inflammation in the duodenal mucosa in patients with psoriatic arthritis (PsA) and to compare the results with those in patients with psoriasis vulgaris (PsV)...