Affiliation: University Hospital
- Point-of-Care Troponin T Testing in the Management of Patients with Chest Pain in the Swedish Primary CareStaffan Nilsson
Primary Care, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, East County Primary Health Care, County Council of Ostergotland, 581 83 Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Family Med 2013:532093. 2013..Conclusion. The use of POCT-TnT may reduce emergency referrals but probably at the cost of an increased risk to miss patients with AMI or UA...
- Coronary heart disease in primary care: accuracy of medical history and physical findings in patients with chest pain--a study protocol for a systematic review with individual patient dataJörg Haasenritter
Department of General Practice Family Medicine, University of Marburg, Marburg, D 35032, Germany
BMC Fam Pract 13:81. 2012..This article describes the methods of our study and six prospective studies of primary care patients with chest pain. Later articles will describe the main results...
- The accuracy of general practitioners' clinical assessment of chest pain patientsStaffan Nilsson
General Practice, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping, Sweden
Eur J Gen Pract 14:50-5. 2008..To study general practitioners' (GP) assessment of the probability of ischaemic heart disease (IHD) and GP action in daily practice regarding chest pain patients...
- Chest pain and ischaemic heart disease in primary careS Nilsson
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Linkoping, Sweden
Br J Gen Pract 53:378-82. 2003..Chest pain is the main symptom of first presentation with ischaemic heart disease (IHD). Little is known about the incidence of IHD among patients consulting the general practitioner (GP) for chest pain...
- No connection between the level of exposition to statins in the population and the incidence/mortality of acute myocardial infarction: an ecological study based on Sweden's municipalitiesStaffan Nilsson
Division of Community Medicine, Department of Medicine and Health Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Negat Results Biomed 10:6. 2011..Our objective was to investigate if a relation can be detected between acute myocardial infarction- (AMI) mortality or incidence and statin utilisation, for men and women in different age-groups on a population basis...
- Consequences of high-sensitivity troponin T testing applied in a primary care population with chest pain compared with a commercially available point-of-care troponin T analysis: an observational prospective studyPer O Andersson
Primary Health Care and Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
BMC Res Notes 8:210. 2015..The aim of this study was to evaluate a high-sensitivity troponin T assay performed in three primary health care centres in southeast Sweden and to compare the outcome with a point-of-care troponin T test...
- Cost consequences of point-of-care troponin T testing in a Swedish primary health care settingStaffan Nilsson
Primary Health Care and Department of Medicine and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Norrkoping, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 32:241-7. 2014..To evaluate the safety and cost-effectiveness of point-of-care troponin T testing (POCT-TnT) for the management of patients with chest pain in primary care...
- Exercise testing and myocardial perfusion scintigraphy in primary care patients with chest pain of new onsetMorten Scheike
Department of Clinical Physiology, Linköping Heart Center, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 25:117-22. 2007..To analyse the outcome of exercise testing and myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (MPS) in primary care patients with chest pain of new onset...
- Health beliefs about lifestyle habits differ between patients and spouses 1 year after a cardiac event - a qualitative analysis based on the Health Belief ModelAnita Kärner Köhler
Department of Social and Welfare Studies Div Nurs Sci, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Caring Sci . 2016..However, there have been very few qualitative comparisons of health beliefs between patients and spouses after a cardiac event...
- The effect of problem-based learning in patient education after an event of CORONARY heart disease--a randomised study in PRIMARY health care: design and methodology of the COR-PRIM studyAnita Karner
Department of Social and Welfare Studies HAV, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
BMC Fam Pract 13:110. 2012..The basic aim is to discover whether PBL provided in primary health care (PHC) has long-term effects on empowerment and self-care after an event of CHD...
- Association study of IL2/IL21 and FcgRIIa: significant association with the IL2/IL21 region in Scandinavian coeliac disease familiesS Adamovic
Department of Medical and Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Genes Immun 9:364-7. 2008..001 and 0.002, respectively). However, we found no association with the FcgammaRIIa rs1801274 G>A polymorphism (P-value=0.3). In conclusion, our results support the KIAA1109/Tenr/IL2/IL21 region as a true CD susceptibility region...
- Differences in female and male perception of information and decision-making in single-embryo transfer in in vitro fertilization in SwedenM Blennborn
In Vitro Fertilization Unit, Falun Hospital, S 79182, Falun, Sweden
J Assist Reprod Genet 24:337-42. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the information and the factors that contribute to the decision to accept and choose single embryo transfer (SET) in females and males...
- A linkage study in two families with multiple sclerosis and healthy members with oligoclonal CSF immunopathyS Haghighi
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Mult Scler 12:723-30. 2006..We suggest that DRB1*0103 is a necessary but not sufficient condition for the susceptibility for MS immunopathic trait in this family...
- Association between the estrogen receptor beta gene and age of onset of Parkinson's diseaseL Westberg
Department of Pharmacology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Psychoneuroendocrinology 29:993-8. 2004..2 for having an early onset of PD compared to non-carriers. In conclusion, our results indicate that genetic variation in the estrogen receptor beta gene may influence the age of onset of PD...
- Effect of alpha 1-adrenoceptor blockade on maximal VO2 and endurance capacity in well-trained athletic hypertensive menS E Tomten
Norwegian Institute for Sports Medicine Ltd, Oslo
Am J Hypertens 7:603-8. 1994..Significantly reduced systolic blood pressure and unchanged heart rate immediately after running, combined with unchanged heart rate during the race may, however, suggest a safer exercise performance...