Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Allergic disease at the age of 7 years after pertussis vaccination in infancy: results from the follow-up of a randomized controlled trial of 3 vaccinesLennart Nilsson
Division of Paediatrics, the Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 157:1184-9. 2003..To prospectively assess sensitization rates and the development of allergic diseases in a follow-up of a randomized controlled pertussis vaccine trial...
- Fewer melanocytic nevi found in children with active atopic dermatitis than in children without dermatitisIngrid Synnerstad
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Dermatology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Linkoping, Linkoping, Sweden
Arch Dermatol 140:1471-5. 2004..To investigate the effects of atopic diseases on nevus development during childhood...
- A TLR4 polymorphism is associated with asthma and reduced lipopolysaccharide-induced interleukin-12(p70) responses in Swedish childrenMalin Fagerås Böttcher
Division of Pediatrics, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, and Clinical Research Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, 85 Linkoping, Sweden
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:561-7. 2004....
- Asthma, lung function and allergy in 12-year-old children with very low birth weight: a prospective studyXiao Mei Mai
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Division of Paediatrics, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:184-92. 2003..Furthermore, mechanical ventilation during the neonatal period was associated with bronchial hyperresponsiveness at age 12. Very low birth weight per se was not, however, related to atopy...
- Soluble Fas ligand is associated with natural killer cell dynamics in coronary artery diseaseAleksander Szymanowski
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 58185 Linkoping, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 233:616-22. 2014..Soluble forms of Fas and Fas ligand (L) are considered as markers of apoptosis. Here, we investigated whether plasma levels of Fas and FasL were associated with NK cell apoptosis and NK cell levels in CAD patients...
- Allergen-induced cytokine secretion in atopic and non-atopic asthmatic childrenMalin F Böttcher
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Division of Paediatrics, and Clinical Research Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:345-50. 2003..The Th2 cytokines IL-4 and IL-9 were associated only with atopic asthma, probably due to their IgE-inducing properties...
- Plasma levels of matrix metalloproteinase-9 are independently associated with psychosocial factors in a middle-aged normal populationPeter Garvin
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Community Medicine, Linkoping University, Linköping 581 83, Sweden
Psychosom Med 71:292-300. 2009..The degrading enzyme MMP-9 is upregulated in inflammatory processes and hypothesized to play a role in the rupture of atherosclerotic plaques...
- How and when to pick up the best signals from markers associated with T-regulatory cells?Anna Kivling
Division of Paediatrics and Diabetes Research Centre, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Immunol Methods 345:29-39. 2009..Further, a stimulation period of 48 h in general revealed the highest mRNA expression of the markers studied. In conclusion, cryopreserved cells are in general suitable for studying Treg associated markers...
- Early rapid weight gain and current overweight in relation to asthma in adolescents born with very low birth weightXiao Mei Mai
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Division of Pediatrics, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 16:380-5. 2005..There was a strong and positive association between overweight and asthma at 12 yr of age in the VLBW children. This strong association had been reduced by early rapid weight gain, possibly via the reduction of bronchial responsiveness...
- [The campaign for TBE vaccination of small children is unethical and incorrect]Barbro Hedin Skogman
infektionsmedicinska kliniken, Universitetssjukhuset i Linköping
Lakartidningen 101:2832; discussion 2833. 2004
- Plasma Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Levels Predict First-Time Coronary Heart Disease: An 8-Year Follow-Up of a Community-Based Middle Aged PopulationPeter Garvin
Unit of Research and Development in Local Health Care, County of Ostergotland, Linkoping, Sweden Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Community Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping Sweden
PLoS ONE 10:e0138290. 2015..As of today, there are four published studies which have measured MMP-9 in serum and none using plasma. Measures of MMP-9 in serum have been suggested to have more flaws than measures in plasma...
- Large early variation of residual platelet reactivity in Acute Coronary Syndrome patients treated with clopidogrel: results from Assessing Platelet Activity in Coronary Heart Disease (APACHE)Joakim Alfredsson
Department of Cardiology and Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden Electronic address
Thromb Res 136:335-40. 2015..The aim of this study was to investigate the optimal time-point for aggregometry testing and the risk of major adverse cardiac events associated with HRPR...
- Soluble TNF receptors are associated with infarct size and ventricular dysfunction in ST-elevation myocardial infarctionLennart Nilsson
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e55477. 2013....
- Effects of simvastatin on proinflammatory cytokines and matrix metalloproteinases in hypercholesterolemic individualsLennart Nilsson
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, 58185, Linkoping, Sweden
Inflammation 34:225-30. 2011..Our findings are in contrast to previous in vitro and animal data and question the in vivo relevance of some of the pleiotropic effects of simvastatin...
- Reduced serum levels of autoantibodies against monomeric C-reactive protein (CRP) in patients with acute coronary syndromeJonas Wetterö
Rheumatology, Autoimmunity and Immune Regulation unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Chim Acta 400:128-31. 2009..We and others recently reported autoantibodies against monomeric CRP (anti-CRP) in rheumatic conditions, e.g. systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), and a connection between anti-CRP and cardiovascular disease in SLE has been suggested...
- Diverse foxp3 expression in children with type 1 diabetes and celiac diseaseAnna Kivling
Division of Pediatrics and Diabetes Research Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1150:273-7. 2008..057). In conclusion, children with only T1D generally showed a lower FOXP3 mRNA expression than did children with CD, or with T1D in combination with CD, which suggests impaired regulation of the immune system in children with T1D...
- Neutrophil/Lymphocyte ratio is associated with non-calcified plaque burden in patients with coronary artery diseaseLennart Nilsson
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden Department of Cardiology, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
PLoS ONE 9:e108183. 2014..Lately, the neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio has emerged as a potential marker of both CAD severity and cardiovascular prognosis...
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase-9 is associated with cardiovascular risk factors in a middle-aged normal populationPeter Garvin
Division of Community Medicine, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
PLoS ONE 3:e1774. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyse levels of MMP-9 in a population free from symptomatic CAD and investigate their associations with cardiovascular (CV) risk factors, including C-reactive protein (CRP)...
- NK cell apoptosis in coronary artery disease: relation to oxidative stressWei Li
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Medicine and Health Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 199:65-72. 2008..Since oxidative stress has been linked to NK cell apoptosis, we related the findings to oxidative stress in vivo and evaluated the ex vivo susceptibility of NK cells to oxidized lipids...
- Hypertonic saline challenge tests in the diagnosis of bronchial hyperresponsiveness and asthma in childrenXiao Mei Mai
Department of Health and Environment, Division of Paediatrics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 13:361-7. 2002..The degree of bronchial hyperresponsiveness, as represented by the response/dose ratio, reflects the severity of asthma symptoms...
- Abciximab bolus with optional infusion in intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarctionUlf Berglund
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand Cardiovasc J 47:230-5. 2013..The standard abciximab regimen is a bolus dose followed by a 12-h infusion. Whether the bolus dose alone is sufficient for ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients receiving a high loading dose of clopidogrel is unknown...
- Increased plasma concentration of matrix metalloproteinase-7 in patients with coronary artery diseaseLennart Nilsson
Department of Cardiology, Heart Center, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Chem 52:1522-7. 2006....
- A fourth dose of DTPa-IPV vaccine given to 4-6 year old children in Italy and Sweden following primary vaccination at 3, 5 and 11-12 months of ageLennart Nilsson
Children s Research Department, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 37:221-9. 2005..The combined DTPa-IPV vaccine could be used to add DTP valences to the IPV vaccine currently given to children in Scandinavia and Italy at 4-6 y of age and reinforce protection against 4 diseases...
- Frequency and distribution pattern of melanocytic naevi in Swedish 8-9-year-old childrenIngrid Synnerstad
Division of Dermatology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 84:271-6. 2004..8%) had four times as many naevi in total. A relationship between total counts and counts on the back or lateral aspect of the arms was found (r2 = 0.59). Either of these two areas might be suitable for predicting total naevus counts...
- [Before the next ticks season: vaccinate children older than 7 years living in endemic regions against TBE but let the small children get away]Barbro Hedin Skogman
Lakartidningen 101:3367; author reply 3367-8. 2004
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 4G/5G polymorphism and risk of stroke: replicated findings in two nested case-control studies based on independent cohortsPer Gunnar Wiklund
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Stroke 36:1661-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the common functional 4/5 guanosine (4G/5G) polymorphism in the promoter region of the PAI-1 gene and the risk of stroke...
- Decreased plasma CXCL16/SR-PSOX concentration is associated with coronary artery diseaseYuri Sheikine
Experimental Cardiovascular Research Unit, Center for Molecular Medicine, L8 03, S 17176, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 188:462-6. 2006..To investigate for the first time whether the plasma CXCL16 concentration is altered in coronary artery disease (CAD) patients...
- Birth anthropometric measures, body mass index and allergic diseases in a birth cohort study (BAMSE)Xiao Mei Mai
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Arch Dis Child 92:881-6. 2007..We aimed to assess increased birth weight or birth length in relation to allergic diseases at 4 years of age, taking body mass index (BMI) at age 4 as a covariate in the adjustment...