Affiliation: University Hospital
- Bone mineral density in diagnosis of osteoporosis: reference population, definition of peak bone mass, and measured site determine prevalenceO Lofman
Centre for Public Health Sciences, University Hospital, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
J Clin Densitom 3:177-86. 2000..Our results show that the use of T-score to define osteoporosis results in a highly different prevalence rate in a given population depending on the reference population and the skeletal sites chosen for measurement...
- Changes in hip fracture epidemiology: redistribution between ages, genders and fracture typesO Lofman
Center for Public Health Sciences, University Hospital, Linkoping, Department of Health and Environment, Sweden
Osteoporos Int 13:18-25. 2002..According to the most probable scenario a substantial increase in male trochanteric fractures (36%) is expected up to 2010, while all other hip fractures in both genders will decrease by 4-32% resulting in a total reduction of 11%...
- Seasonal variation in the diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in south-east SwedenU Samuelsson
Division of Paediatrics, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Linkoping University, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 76:75-81. 2007..Children with and without prior infection showed a different seasonal pattern...
- A low incidence of Type 1 diabetes between 1977 and 2001 in south-eastern Sweden in areas with high population density and which are more deprivedB M Holmqvist
Division of Paediatrics, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping
Diabet Med 25:255-60. 2008..To explore how socioeconomic factors and population density may contribute to the geographical variation of incidence of Type 1 diabetes in children in south-eastern Sweden...
- Aluminum concentration in deciduous teeth is dependent on tooth type and dental statusA Halling
Unit of Community Dentistry, Center for Public Health Sciences, and Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 59:356-60. 2001..47) and canines (r = -0.45) but not for molars (r = 0.03). No significant change in Al concentration was found over time. Caries-free deciduous molars are suggested as the most useful teeth for biological monitoring of aluminum...
- Geographical mapping of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents in south east SwedenU Samuelsson
Division of Paediatrics, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University Hospital, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:388-92. 2004..As earlier studies have shown space-time clusters at onset of type 1 diabetes in the south east region of Sweden we investigated if there also has been any geographical clusters of diabetes in this region...
- Health-related quality of life after osteoporotic fracturesI Hallberg
Osteoporosis Unit, Department of Endocrinology and Gastroenterology, IMV, University Hospital, Linkoping University, 581 85, Linkoping, Sweden
Osteoporos Int 15:834-41. 2004..To estimate the impact of osteoporosis fractures on health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in postmenopausal women...