Genomes and Genes
Organization: University Hospital
- Trends in caesarean section and instrumental deliveries in relation to Body Mass Index: a clinical survey during 1978 - 2001Gunilla Sydsjo
Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Reprod Health 7:18. 2010..abstract:..
- Using the Glasgow Benefit Plot as a prognostic instrument and for preoperative counseling in patients with otosclerosisPekka Persson
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Otol Neurotol 28:739-44. 2007..We used our database comprising a large number of patient data to test the usefulness of the GBP...
- Prevention and health promotion and evidence-based fields of nursing - a literature reviewSusan Wilhelmsson
R and D Department of Local Health Care, County of Ostergotland, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Nurs Pract 13:254-65. 2007..Few studies in the area of prevention and health promotion are of adequate scientific quality, resulting in limited evidence for the effects of interventions...
- Incidence and temporal patterns of temporomandibular disorder pain among Swedish adolescentsIng Marie Nilsson
Public Dental Service, Skarptorp, Norrkoping, Sweden
J Orofac Pain 21:127-32. 2007..To estimate the incidence of temporomandibular disorder (TMD) pain among Swedish adolescents by age and gender and to describe the temporal patterns of TMD pain...
- Endovascular coiling of intracranial aneurysms using bioactive coils: a single-center studyS Rossitti
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Radiol 48:565-76. 2007..A technical development potentially effective in avoiding recanalization is the Matrix Detachable Coil (MDC), which is covered with a biodegradable polymeric material that enhances intra-aneurysmal clot organization and fibrosis...
- Knowledge of reproductive physiology and hormone therapy in 53- to 54-year-old Swedish women: a population-based studyLotta Lindh-Astrand
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, S 581 85, Linkoping, Sweden
Menopause 14:1039-46. 2007..Further aims were to determine whether the knowledge differed between users and nonusers of HT and between groups with different levels of education...
- [Age-related cataract]Anders Petersson
Universitetssjukhuset i Linköping
Lakartidningen 103:2393-5. 2006
- Seasonal variation in the diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in south-east SwedenU Samuelsson
Division of Paediatrics, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Linkoping University, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 76:75-81. 2007..Children with and without prior infection showed a different seasonal pattern...
- Production of IL-1Ra by human mononuclear blood cells in vitro: influence of serum factorsBirgitta Clinchy
Department of Oncology, Division of Clinical Tumourimmunology, University Hospital of Linkoping, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Cytokine 34:320-30. 2006..However, the amount of serum IgG adsorbed to the tissue culture wells could not necessarily be predicted based on the serum concentration of IgG...
- Laser Doppler perfusion imaging of the radial forearm flap: a clinical studyJohann M Zdolsek
Department of Hand and Plastic Surgery, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 40:101-5. 2006..We suggest that LDPI is useful for monitoring the perfusion of free skin flaps...
- The importance of comorbidity in analysing patient costs in Swedish primary careSven G Engström
Ryd Primary Health Care Centre, Linkoping, Sweden
BMC Public Health 6:36. 2006..Data were retrieved from two primary health care centres in southeastern Sweden...
- Activity limitation in rheumatoid arthritis correlates with reduced grip force regardless of sex: the Swedish TIRA projectIngrid Thyberg
The Swedish Institute for Disability Research, Linkoping University, Linkoping, and Orebro Universities, Orebro, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 53:886-96. 2005..To evaluate activity limitations 3 years after diagnosis of early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in relation to grip force and sex...
- Persistent effects of a pedagogical device targeted at prevention of severe hypoglycaemia: a randomized, controlled studySam Nordfeldt
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Diabetes Research Centre and Division of Paediatrics, Linkoping University, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 94:1395-1401. 2005..To study the long-term use of self-study material in type 1 diabetes patient education targeted at the prevention of severe hypoglycaemia...
- [Children with meningomyelocele become adults!]Sven Mattsson
Barn och ungdomsmedicinska kliniken, Universitetssjukhuset i Linköping, Sweden
Lakartidningen 102:2566-70. 2005..It is also most important to prepare the adult medical disciplines about the special needs of this group. This process has to start early to reach successful management, including improvement in self-care...
- Hypothermia-induced increase in galanin concentrations and ischemic neuroprotection in the rat brainAnnette Theodorsson
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, IBK Clinical Chemistry, Division of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Neuropeptides 42:79-87. 2008..Hypothermia-induced elevation in galanin concentration is therefore not likely to be amongst the major protective mechanisms of hypothermia...
- Continuous insulin infusion (CSII) or modern type of multiple daily injections (MDI) in diabetic children and adolescents a critical review on a controversial issueJohnny Ludvigsson
Division of Pediatrics and Diabetes Research Centre, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 5:666-78. 2007..There is a common opinion that CSII is superior to MDI. CSII offers the most physiological insulin substitution...
- Hospitalizations in adolescence and early adulthood among Swedish men and women born preterm or small for gestational ageKatarina Ekholm Selling
Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Epidemiology 19:63-70. 2008....
- Improved self-awareness and coping strategies for patients with acquired brain injury--a group therapy programmeAnna Lundqvist
Rehabilitation Medicine, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping, Sweden
Brain Inj 24:823-32. 2010..This study evaluates the effects of a group therapy programme for anticipatory self-awareness and coping strategies...
- Prostaglandins and radical oxygen species are involved in microvascular effects of hyperoxiaA Rousseau
Departments of Medicine and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Vasc Res 47:441-50. 2010..Radical oxygen species may be involved as vitamin C, independently of aspirin, partially restored ACh-mediated vasodilatation during hyperoxia...
- Monitoring hepatitis C infection in a major Swedish nephrology unit and molecular resolution of a new case of nosocomial transmissionGabriel Almroth
Department of Nephrology, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
J Med Virol 82:249-56. 2010..Only one new infection occurred, which originated from a fellow patient's quasispecies. This establishes phylogenetic analysis as a valuable tool for tracing patient sources of HCV transmission...
- Chromosome r(10)(p15.3q26.12) in a newborn child: case reportCecilia Gunnarsson
Division of Pathology and Clinical Genetics, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, , University Hospital, , Sweden
Mol Cytogenet 2:25. 2009..The clinical phenotype of our patient was in agreement with that of patients with a terminal 10q deletion. For the purpose of genotype-phenotype analysis, there seems to be no need for a "ring syndrome" concept...
- Clinical consequences of acrylic intraocular lens material and design: Nd:YAG-laser capsulotomy rates in 3 x 300 eyes 5 years after phacoemulsificationBjorn Johansson
Department of Ophthalmology, Linkoping University Hospital, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Br J Ophthalmol 94:450-5. 2010..To investigate the incidence of Nd:YAG-laser treatment for posterior capsular opacification (PCO) over a period of 5 years from phacoemulsification in an unselected population, comparing outcomes for three acrylic intraocular lenses (IOLs)...
- Mortality and morbidity among farmers, nonfarming rural men, and urban referents: a prospective population-based studyNils Thelin
Division of Psychiatry, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Occup Environ Health 15:21-8. 2009..An urban-rural factor and a farming occupational or lifestyle factor results in lower mortality and morbidity rates except concerning musculoskeletal disorders...
- Occupational rhinitis caused by tolyltriazole in metalworking fluidsPål Graff
Centre of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Work Environ Health 34:403-4. 2008..Exposure to metalworking fluids is known to cause mucous membrane inflammation of the airways. In this case report, the authors attempted to identify responsible components in the metalworking fluids for the rhinitis of an exposed patient...
- [Interns positive to currently used written tests]Johnny Ludvigsson
Institutionen för klinisk och experimentell medicin, Hälsouniversitetet, Linkoping
Lakartidningen 105:2580-1. 2008
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of ziprasidone in a clinical treatment settingMaria D Cherma
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University Hospital, Sweden
Ther Drug Monit 30:682-8. 2008..In summary, great interindividual and intraindividual differences in ZIPconcentrations were observed. TDM of ZIP maybe used for individual dose adjustments and monitoring medication adherence...
- Do high blood glucose peaks contribute to higher HbA1c? Results from repeated continuous glucose measurements in childrenSamuelsson Ulf
Division of Pediatrics and Diabetes Research Centre, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Linkoping University, Sweden
World J Pediatr 4:215-21. 2008..As glucose sensors give an objective picture based on glucose readings several times per minute over 24 hours, we used the area under the curve (AUC) of such subcutaneous glucose profiles to evaluate their relationship with HbA1c...
- 6-Thioguanine therapy in Crohn's disease--observational data in Swedish patientsS H C Almer
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Dig Liver Dis 41:194-200. 2009..6-Thioguanine (6-TG) has been proposed as an alternative treatment in patients intolerant for azathioprine (AZA), but some concerns have been raised about drug safety...
- A Swedish version of a quality of life questionnaire for partners of men with symptoms suggestive of benign prostatic obstructionHelén Marklund-Bau
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 42:126-31. 2008..A secondary aim was to evaluate the impact the patients' urinary symptoms have on their partners' specific quality of life...
- [Treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm: evidence-based treatment must be based on generally accessible information]Fredrik Lundgren
Hjärtcentrum, Universitetssjukhuset i Linköping
Lakartidningen 105:231-2. 2008
- Normal D-dimer concentration is a common finding in symptomatic outpatients with distal deep vein thrombosisCecilia M Jennersjö
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine and Care, University Hospital of Linkoping, Sweden
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 16:517-23. 2005....
- [Abdominal tuberculosis--still a diagnostic challenge. Two case reports and a literature review]Stefan Redeen
Kirurgiska kliniken i Ostergötland, Universitetssjukhuset i Linköping
Lakartidningen 102:2151-3. 2005..These two cases show how important it is for surgeons to be aware of TB nowadays, particularly in patients born outside Sweden or those undergoing immune therapy...
- Antibiotic prescription practices, consumption and bacterial resistance in a cross section of Swedish intensive care unitsS M Walther
Departments of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Clinical Microbiology and Hygiene and the Pharmacy at Universitetssjukhuset, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:1075-81. 2002..The purpose of this work was to study usage of antibiotics, its possible determinants, and patterns of bacterial resistance in Swedish intensive care units (ICUs)...
- Biochemotherapy of metastatic malignant melanoma. On down-regulation of CD28Annika Håkansson
Department of Oncology, Division of Clinical Tumour Immunology, University Hospital of Linkoping, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Cancer Immunol Immunother 51:499-504. 2002....
- [Evaluation of nurse-run asthma clinics in primary care. Higher quality for less money?]Malou Lindberg
Lakartidningen 99:2277-80. 2002
- Classification, identification and subtyping of bacteria based on pyrosequencing and signature matching of 16S rDNA fragmentsJon Jonasson
Laboratoriemedicin Ostergötland LMO, Microbiology Unit, Department of Health and Environment, Faculty of Health Science, University of Linkoping, Sweden
APMIS 110:263-72. 2002..The probes we have developed, together with the new technology, will enable early diagnosis of specific pathogens, which is critical for the rational use of antimicrobial therapy in clinical medicine...
- Asthma nurse practice improves outcomes and reduces costs in primary health careMalou Lindberg
Division of General Practice and Primary Care, Department of Medicine and Care, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Caring Sci 16:73-8. 2002..The aim of this study was to elucidate the care of patients with asthma in primary health care from medical, patient self-management, health, quality of life, and health economic perspectives...
- Obstetric, somatic, and demographic risk factors for postpartum depressive symptomsAnn Josefsson
Department of Health and Environment, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Linkoping, Linkoping, Sweden
Obstet Gynecol 99:223-8. 2002..To identify and test the predictive power of potential independent risk factors of postpartum depressive symptoms during pregnancy and the perinatal period...
- Heterotopic ossification following internal fixation or arthroplasty for displaced femoral neck fractures: a prospective randomized studyT Johansson
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital, Linkoping, 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Int Orthop 25:223-5. 2001..Severe symptoms due to HO were found in only one patient. HO following THA for a femoral neck fracture is of little clinical importance and prophylaxis is unnecessary...
- Decreased tumor cell proliferation as an indicator of the effect of preoperative radiotherapy of rectal cancerG Adell
Division of Oncology, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:659-63. 2001..Rectal cancer is a common malignancy, with significant local recurrence and death rates. Preoperative radiotherapy and refined surgical technique can improve local control rates and disease-free survival...
- Blocking antibodies in blood from patients with recurrent spontaneous abortion in relation to pregnancy outcome and intravenous immunoglobulin treatmentB Jablonowska
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Am J Reprod Immunol 45:226-31. 2001....
- Breaking bad news in the transition from curative to palliative cancer care--patient's view of the doctor giving the informationM J Friedrichsen
Palliative Research Unit, Linkoping University, Norrkoping, Sweden
Support Care Cancer 8:472-8. 2000..Education and guidance are needed both in clinical practice and in medical schools...
- Transesophageal echocardiographic hemodynamic monitoring during preoperative acute normovolemic hemodilutionZ Bak
University Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Linkoping, Sweden
Anesthesiology 92:1250-6. 2000..The aims of our study were to describe the hemodynamic effects of normovolemic hemodilution and to determine its effect on systolic and diastolic cardiac function by multiplane transesophageal echocardiography...
- Serum and cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of melatonin: a pilot study in healthy male volunteersA Rousseau
Department of Neuroscience and Locomotion, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
J Neural Transm 106:883-8. 1999..In conclusion, serum levels of melatonin in healthy male volunteers, mirror the CSF concentrations when lumbar puncture is carried out using the described technique...
- Effects of estradiol, progesterone, and norethisterone on regional concentrations of galanin in the rat brainO Rugarn
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Peptides 20:743-8. 1999..Sex steroids, particularly estradiol, modulate galanin concentrations not only in reproductive, but also in nonreproductive, brain regions...
- [Excellent results of surgical management of osteoarthritis. Arthroplasty and osteotomy provide pain relief and restore joint function]Leif Ryd
Ortopedkliniken, Universitetssjukhuset, Linkoping
Lakartidningen 99:4651-5. 2002..Even the ankle joint, hitherto resistant to arthroplasty, has yielded promising results. In the knee joint, osteotomy is a viable alternative...
- Neurocognitive impairment and driving performance after coronary artery bypass surgeryEwa Ahlgren
Heart Center, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University Hospital, 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 23:334-40. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate neurocognitive function and driving performance after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)...
- Chemotherapy of soft tissue sarcoma--a clinical evaluation of treatment over ten yearsNajme Wall
Department of Oncology, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Oncol 42:55-61. 2003..Clinical trials with more active drugs are needed, as are more predictive and prognostic tests and a better selection of patient groups suited for different treatment options for soft tissue sarcomas...
- Pelvic floor dysfunction after Burch colposuspension--a comprehensive study. Part IIPreben Kjølhede
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:902-8. 2005..To evaluate the prevalence of pelvic floor dysfunction (PFD) concerning bowel function at long-term follow-up after Burch colposuspension (Bc) in relation to the bowel function in an age-matched sample of women in the general population...
- Use of the Internet to search for information in type 1 diabetes children and adolescents: a cross-sectional studySam Nordfeldt
Diabetes Research Centre, Division of Pediatrics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Technol Health Care 13:67-74. 2005..The findings may also have implications for other topics within diabetes education, other ages, and for other diagnosis groups...
- Protective role of corneal epithelium against ultraviolet radiation damageAlexander Podskochy
Department of Ophthalmology, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 82:714-7. 2004..The aim of the present study was to examine the protective role of corneal epithelium against UVR damage by comparing the biological effect of UVR exposure on whole corneas with that on de-epithelialized corneas...
- [Are there any regional differences when it comes to obstetrical care quality?]Orvar Finnström
Barn och ungdomsmedicinska kliniken, Universitetssjukhuset, Linkoping
Lakartidningen 101:3615; discussion 3616. 2004
- Atopic manifestations are more common in patients with Crohn disease than in the general populationP Myrelid
Dept of Surgery, Unit of Colorectal Surgery, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:731-6. 2004....
- Mutation and accumulation of p53 related to results of adjuvant therapy of postmenopausal breast cancer patientsMarie Stenmark Askmalm
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Oncology, Faculty of Health, Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Oncol 43:235-44. 2004..Finally, altered p53 status is probably not a marker of resistance to tamoxifen...
- Timed micturition and maximum urinary flow rate in randomly selected symptom-free malesBengt Folkestad
Department of Urology, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 38:136-42. 2004..To establish normal ranges for timed micturition, i.e. the time to void the first 100 ml, study its dependency on voided volume and age and compare it to maximum flow rate...
- Ethical aspects when treating traumatized refugee children and their familiesGunilla Jarkman Björn
Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 58:193-8. 2004..There are both gains and losses, which are valued differently depending on the actors involved...
- Staphylococcus aureus, but not Staphylococcus epidermidis, modulates the oxidative response and induces apoptosis in human neutrophilsAsa Nilsdotter-Augustinsson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
APMIS 112:109-18. 2004..Our results may explain why S. epidermidis is a weak inducer of inflammation compared to S. aureus, and therefore responsible for the indolent and chronic course of S. epidermidis biomaterial infections...
- Rapid genotyping of the osteoporosis-associated polymorphic transcription factor Sp1 binding site in the COL1A1 gene by pyrosequencingKatarina Ellnebo-Svedlund
Strategic Development, Laboratoriemedicin Ostergötland, Linkoping University Hospital, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Mol Biotechnol 26:87-90. 2004..This study demonstrates for the first time that pyrosequencing can be used for rapid identification of the osteoporosis-associated single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the COL1A1 gene...
- Phototesting with a divergent UVB beam in the investigation of anti-inflammatory effects of topically applied substancesMagnus Falk
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Linkoping University, Sweden
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 19:195-202. 2003....
- Myocardial uptake and release of substrates in patients operated for unstable angina: impact of glutamate infusionIngemar Vanhanen
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Linköping Heart Centre, University Hospital, Sweden
Scand Cardiovasc J 37:113-20. 2003..To study cardiac uptake and release of substrates and the influence of intravenous glutamate in patients operated for unstable angina requiring intravenous nitrates...
- Enrichment of serum amyloid proteins by hydrophobic interaction chromatography combined with two-dimensional electrophoresis with immobilised pH gradientsCathrine Foyn Bruun
Pediatric Research Laboratorium, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, 9037, Tromso, Norway
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 790:355-63. 2003..Compared to conventional strategies, the presented techniques are more rational and yield more comprehensive information. The presented data also provide a basis for novel perspectives regarding certain inflammatory conditions...
- Efficiency of automotive cabin air filters to reduce acute health effects of diesel exhaust in human subjectsB Rudell
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Occup Environ Med 56:222-31. 1999..Filtered air and unfiltered diluted diesel exhaust (DDE) were used as negative and positive controls, respectively, and were compared with exposure to DDE filtered with four different filter systems...