Affiliation: TATAA Biocenter
- Nucleic acid-based technologies: application amplifiedMikael Kubista
TATAA Biocenter AB, Gothenburg, Sweden
Pharmacogenomics 5:767-73. 2004
- The real-time polymerase chain reactionMikael Kubista
TATAA Biocenter, Medicinargatan 7B, 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Aspects Med 27:95-125. 2006..Typical uses of real-time PCR include pathogen detection, gene expression analysis, single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis, analysis of chromosome aberrations, and most recently also protein detection by real-time immuno PCR...
- Gene expression profiling--Clusters of possibilitiesAnders Bergkvist
MultiD Analyses AB, Gothenburg, Sweden
Methods 50:323-35. 2010..Reports are either hypothesis generating, from an exploratory study, or hypothesis validating, from a confirmatory study, or both. In either case, we suggest the generated or validated hypotheses be specifically stated...
- RT-qPCR work-flow for single-cell data analysisAnders Ståhlberg
TATAA Biocenter, Gothenburg, Sweden Sahlgrenska Cancer Center, Department of Pathology, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Methods 59:80-8. 2013..The aim of this workflow is provide guide to the rapidly growing community studying single-cells by means of reverse transcription quantitative real-time PCR profiling...
- Comparison of reverse transcriptases in gene expression analysisAnders Ståhlberg
Department of Chemistry and Biosciences, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
Clin Chem 50:1678-80. 2004
- Multiway real-time PCR gene expression profiling in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae reveals altered transcriptional response of ADH-genes to glucose stimuliAnders Ståhlberg
TATAA Biocenter, Odinsgatan 28, 411 03 Göteborg, Sweden
BMC Genomics 9:170. 2008..Here we perform a multiway study of the temporal response of four yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains with different glucose uptake rates upon altered metabolic conditions...
- Combining sequence-specific probes and DNA binding dyes in real-time PCR for specific nucleic acid quantification and melting curve analysisKristina Lind
Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
Biotechniques 40:315-9. 2006..The probe signal reflect formation of target product, while melting curve analysis of the BOXTO signal reveals primer-dimer formation and the presence of any other anomalous products...
- Thermodynamics study of the dimerization equilibria of rhodamine B and 6G in different ionic strengths by photometric titration and chemometrics methodJahanbakhsh Ghasemi
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Sciences, Razi University, Kermanshah 57166, Iran
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 62:649-56. 2005..From the thermodynamic results the TDeltaS degrees -DeltaH degrees plot was sketched. It shows a fairly good positive correlation which indicates the enthalpy-entropy compensation in the dimerization reactions (compensation effect)...
- Plasticity response in the contralesional hemisphere after subtle neurotrauma: gene expression profiling after partial deafferentation of the hippocampusDaniel Andersson
Center for Brain Repair and Rehabilitation, Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e70699. 2013..We conclude that even a very limited focal neurotrauma triggers a distinct response at the contralesional side, which at least to some extent depends on astrocyte activation. ..
- Quantitative real-time PCR for cancer detection: the lymphoma caseAnders Ståhlberg
TATAA Biocenter, Medicinaregatan 7B, 413 90 Gothenburg, Sweden
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 5:221-30. 2005..Fine-needle aspirates and even single cells contain enough material for accurate real-time PCR analysis...
- Properties of the reverse transcription reaction in mRNA quantificationAnders Ståhlberg
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
Clin Chem 50:509-15. 2004..In most measurements of gene expression, mRNA is first reverse-transcribed into cDNA. We studied the reverse transcription reaction and its consequences for quantitative measurements of gene expression...
- Kinetic Outlier Detection (KOD) in real-time PCRTzachi Bar
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Chalmers University of Technology, Medicinargatan 7B, 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e105. 2003..05. This precision is higher than the minimal 2-fold difference in number of DNA molecules that real-time PCR usually aims to detect. Thus, KOD may be a useful tool for outlier detection in real-time PCR...
- Spectrophotometric and thermodynamic study on the dimerization equilibrium of ionic dyes in water by chemometrics methodAli Niazi
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Azad University of Arak, Arak, Iran
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 65:73-8. 2006..The enthalpy and entropy of the dimerization reactions were determined from the dependence of the equilibrium constants to the temperature (van't Hoff equation)...
- Neural cell adhesion molecule-deficient beta-cell tumorigenesis results in diminished extracellular matrix molecule expression and tumour cell-matrix adhesionJoakim Håkansson
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Sweden
Tumour Biol 26:103-12. 2005..Prospective consequences of these findings for the role of N-CAM in beta tumour cell dissemination are discussed...
- Intracellular expression profiles measured by real-time PCR tomography in the Xenopus laevis oocyteRadek Sindelka
Laboratory of Gene Expression, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Nucleic Acids Res 36:387-92. 2008..mRNA expression profiles did not change following in vitro fertilization and we conclude that the cortical rotation that follows fertilization has no detectable effect on intracellular mRNA gradients...
- A new minor groove binding asymmetric cyanine reporter dye for real-time PCRMartin Bengtsson
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Chalmers University of Technology 41296 Göteborg and TATAA Biocenter, Medicinaregatan 9E, 413 90 Goteborg, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e45. 2003..1 and 0.4 micro M generated sufficient fluorescence signal without inhibiting the PCR. A comparison with the commonly used reporter dye SYBR Green I shows that the two dyes behave similarly in all important aspects...
- Prostate-specific antigen mRNA and protein levels in laser microdissected cells of human prostate measured by real-time reverse transcriptase-quantitative polymerase chain reaction and immuno-quantitative polymerase chain reactionPamela Pinzani
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, Clinical Biochemistry Unit, University of Florence, Italy
Hum Pathol 39:1474-82. 2008..The approach is expected to become a very powerful tool for expression studies in human cancers at both mRNA and protein levels...
- Development and evaluation of three real-time immuno-PCR assemblages for quantification of PSAKristina Lind
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Chalmers University of Technology, and TATAA Biocenter, Box 462, 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Immunol Methods 304:107-16. 2005..Measurements of PSA in serum samples using real-time immuno-PCR correlated well with measurements performed with ELISA. The real-time immuno-PCR measurements were more sensitive and the dynamic range was larger than with the ELISA...
- LightUp probes in clinical diagnosticsMikael Leijon
LightUp Technologies AB, Lunastigen 5, SE 141 44 Huddinge, Sweden
Mol Aspects Med 27:160-75. 2006..An example of cancer diagnostics by detection of altered gene expression patterns will also be shown...
- Monitoring differentiation of human embryonic stem cells using real-time PCRKarin Noaksson
Cellartis AB, Arvid Wallgrens Backe 20, 413 46 Goteborg, Sweden
Stem Cells 23:1460-7. 2005..The combination of QPCR with hESC-based technologies opens novel avenues for high-throughput analysis of hESCs in, for example, pharmacological and cytotoxicity screening...
- Gene expression profiling in single cells from the pancreatic islets of Langerhans reveals lognormal distribution of mRNA levelsMartin Bengtsson
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Genome Res 15:1388-92. 2005..Hence, the geometric mean of expression levels provides a better estimate of gene activity of the typical cell than does the arithmetic mean measured on a cell population...
- Quantitative real-time PCR method for detection of B-lymphocyte monoclonality by comparison of kappa and lambda immunoglobulin light chain expressionAnders Ståhlberg
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Chalmers University of Technology, 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Clin Chem 49:51-9. 2003..As a first step toward a quantitative real-time PCR-based multimarker diagnostic analysis of lymphomas, we have developed a method for determination of IgLkappa:IgLlambda ratio in clinical samples...