Affiliation: Section of Physiotherapy
- The Falls-Efficacy Scale, Swedish version: does it reflect clinically meaningful changes after stroke?Karin Hellstrom
Section of Physiotherapy, University Hospital, Entrance 15, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Disabil Rehabil 24:471-81. 2002..The overall aim of this prospective investigation was to evaluate the ability of the Falls Efficacy Scale (Swedish version) (FES(S)) to reflect clinically meaningful changes over time...
- Self-efficacy in relation to impairments and activities of daily living disability in elderly patients with stroke: a prospective investigationKarin Hellstrom
Department of Neuroscience, Rehabilitation Medicine, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Rehabil Med 35:202-7. 2003....
- Body composition and physical function after progressive resistance and balance training among older adults after stroke: an exploratory randomized controlled trialBirgit Vahlberg
a Department of Neuroscience, Section of Physiotherapy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Disabil Rehabil . 2016..To evaluate whether improvements in physical function are related to changes in body composition after a three-month progressive resistance and balance exercise program among individuals approximately one to three years after stroke...
- Short-term and long-term effects of a progressive resistance and balance exercise program in individuals with chronic stroke: a randomized controlled trialBirgit Vahlberg
a Department of Neuroscience, Physiotherapy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Disabil Rehabil . 2016..To evaluate the effects of progressive resistance and balance (PRB) exercises on physical and psychological functions of post-stroke individuals...
- Functional performance, nutritional status, and body composition in ambulant community-dwelling individuals 1-3 years after suffering from a cerebral infarction or intracerebral bleedingBirgit Vahlberg
Physiotherapy, Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Geriatr 16:48. 2016..Muscle wasting and obesity may complicate the post-stroke trajectory. We investigated the relationships between nutritional status, body composition, and mobility one to 3 years after stroke...
- Exploratory study of physical activity in persons with Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseElisabeth Anens
Department of Neuroscience, Section for Physiotherapy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 96:260-8. 2015..To explore and describe the perceived facilitators and barriers to physical activity, and to examine the physical activity correlates in people with Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) disease...
- Physical activity in subjects with multiple sclerosis with focus on gender differences: a surveyElisabeth Anens
Department of Neuroscience, Section for Physiotherapy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Neurol 14:47. 2014....
- Factors related to performance-based mobility and self-reported physical activity in individuals 1-3 years after stroke: a cross-sectional cohort studyBirgit Vahlberg
Department of Neuroscience, Physiotherapy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden Electronic address
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 22:e426-34. 2013..Low mobility and low level of physical activity is common after stroke. The objective of this study was to relate these outcomes to physical, psychological, and demographic determinants...
- Fear of falling, fall-related self-efficacy, anxiety and depression in individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKarin Hellstrom
Department of Neuroscience, Section of Physiotherapy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Rehabil 23:1136-44. 2009..To examine the risk and frequency of falls, prevalence of fear of falling and activity avoidance, the magnitude of fall-related self-efficacy, and anxiety and depression in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...
- Older Adults' Opinions on Fall Prevention in Relation to Physical Activity LevelSusanna Tuvemo Johnson
Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Appl Gerontol . 2016..Support for active self-directed behavioral strategies might be important for fall prevention among less physically active older adults...
- Comparison of Polar® RS800CX heart rate monitor and electrocardiogram for measuring inter-beat intervals in healthy dogsAnn Essner
Uppsala University, Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala, Sweden Evidensia Djurkliniken Gefle, Gavle, Sweden Electronic address
Physiol Behav 138:247-53. 2015....
- Fall risk six weeks from onset of stroke and the ability of the Prediction of Falls in Rehabilitation Settings Tool and motor function to predict fallsAnna Nyström
Vård och bildning, Uppsala kommun, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Rehabil 27:473-9. 2013....