Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Evaluation of a language-screening programme for 2.5-year-olds at Child Health Centres in SwedenC M Mattsson
Central Unit for Child Health Care, South Bohuslän, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 90:339-44. 2001..Baye's theorem was used to calculate the sensitivity (0.69) and the specificity (0.93) of the screening. A method of calculating the sensitivity and specificity of the test method by means of three samples was demonstrated...
- Language skills at age 6 years in Swedish children screened for language delay at 2(1/2) years of ageCarmela Miniscalco
Central Unit for Child Health Care, Department of Women s and Children s Health, Uppsala University Children s Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 94:1798-806. 2005..The vulnerability that was identified at 2(1/2) y of age, such as problems with going from single-word utterances to multi-word utterances, seems to persist as delayed development at different language levels and across language domains...
- Neuropsychiatric and neurodevelopmental outcome of children at age 6 and 7 years who screened positive for language problems at 30 monthsCarmela Miniscalco
Department of Logopedics and Phoniatrics, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Dev Med Child Neurol 48:361-6. 2006..Remaining language problems at age 6 years strongly predict the presence of neuropsychiatric or neurodevelopmental disorders at age 7 years...
- Narrative skills, cognitive profiles and neuropsychiatric disorders in 7-8-year-old children with late developing languageCarmela Miniscalco
Department of Logopedics and Phoniatrics, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Lang Commun Disord 42:665-81. 2007....
- Clinic attenders with autism or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: cognitive profile at school age and its relationship to preschool indicators of language delayBibbi S Hagberg
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 31:1-8. 2010..In many cases early language delay, even in the absence of clear learning disability should be taken as a signal that - regardless of specific diagnosis - intellectual functioning might be in the low average range...
- Basic reading skills in Swedish children with late developing language and with or without autism spectrum disorder or ADHDCarmela Miniscalco
Division of Speech and Language Pathology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Box 452, SE 405 30, Goteborg, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 31:1054-61. 2010....
- Non-word repetition in young school-age children with language impairment and/or neuropsychiatric disorderCarmela Miniscalco
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Division of Speech and Language Pathology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 30:1145-54. 2009..In conclusion, the study confirmed the hypothesis that NPD with LI constitutes a more severe variant of NPD, and that this variant can easily be picked up by a quick and easy NWR screening test...
- Narrative retelling in children with neurodevelopmental disorders: is there a role for nonverbal temporal-sequencing skills?Jakob Åsberg Johnels
Gillberg Neuropsychiatry Centre, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Scand J Psychol 54:376-85. 2013..Theoretical and clinical implications are discussed...
- Pre-school children with suspected autism spectrum disorders: do girls and boys have the same profiles?Gunilla Westman Andersson
Gillberg Neuropsychiatry Centre, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 34:413-22. 2013..More research with a much larger population representative study samples is required...
- Autism in toddlers: can observation in preschool yield the same information as autism assessment in a specialised clinic?Gunilla Westman Andersson
Gillberg Neuropsychiatry Centre, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, and The Queen Silvia Children s Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:384745. 2013..However, it is of interest that free-field preschool observation of children with suspected autism using a structured checklist yields very similar information as that obtained at ADOS assessment performed in a clinic setting...
- Story retelling and language ability in school-aged children with cerebral palsy and speech impairmentAnn Nordberg
Division of Speech and Language Pathology, Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Lang Commun Disord 50:801-13. 2015..Research on retelling ability and cognition is limited in children with cerebral palsy (CP) and speech impairment...
- Negotiating knowledge: parents' experience of the neuropsychiatric diagnostic process for children with autismEmilia Carlsson
Division of Speech and Language Pathology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Lang Commun Disord 51:328-38. 2016..In Gothenburg, Sweden, over 100 children were identified as having an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in 2009-11 through a general population language and autism screening of 2.5 year olds at the city's child healthcare centres...
- Consonant production and overall speech characteristics in school-aged children with cerebral palsy and speech impairmentAnn Nordberg
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, Division of Speech and Language Pathology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Speech Lang Pathol 16:386-95. 2014..Finally, a careful examination of the articulation of consonants is recommended in order to study speech production thoroughly in children with CP...