Ulf Henrik Mellqvist
Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Cyclophosphamide plus dexamethasone is an efficient initial treatment before high-dose melphalan and autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: results of a randomized comparison with vincristine, doxorubicin, Ulf Henrik Mellqvist
Department of Hematology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Cancer 112:129-35. 2008..This randomized trial, which was initiated in 2001 by the Nordic Myeloma Study Group, was an attempt to bring a larger portion of patients to ASCT more quickly...
- Bortezomib consolidation after autologous stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma: a Nordic Myeloma Study Group randomized phase 3 trialUlf Henrik Mellqvist
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology and Coagulation, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Blood 121:4647-54. 2013..Consolidation with bortezomib after ASCT in bortezomib-naive patients improves PFS without interfering with QOL. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00417911...
- Intensive therapy for multiple myeloma in patients younger than 60 years. Long-term results focusing on the effect of the degree of response on survival and relapse pattern after transplantationStig Lenhoff
Department of Hematology, University Hospital, S 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Haematologica 91:1228-33. 2006..Long-term results are presented, including the impact of the degree of response on survival and relapse pattern after transplantation...
- Melphalan 100 mg/m2 with stem cell support as first relapse treatment is safe and effective for myeloma patients with long remission after autologous stem cell transplantationCecilie Blimark
Section of Hematology and Coagulation, Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Eur J Haematol 87:117-22. 2011..As the goal for the treatment for relapsed myeloma should be disease control while maintaining quality of life, lower doses of melphalan might be preferable...
- Impact of age on survival after intensive therapy for multiple myeloma: a population-based study by the Nordic Myeloma Study GroupStig Lenhoff
Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Br J Haematol 133:389-96. 2006..Our results indicate that intensive therapy prolongs survival also at age 60-64 years but with less superiority than in younger patients...
- [CPP (Cost Per Patient) is functioning well in the everyday care. The myeloma care program in Vastra Gotaland--an illustrative example]Dick Stockelberg
Sektionen för hematologi och koagulation, Medicinkliniken, Sahlgrenska Universitetssjukhuset, Goteborg
Lakartidningen 100:3316-8. 2003
- Deep vein thrombosis after monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance and multiple myelomaSigurdur Y Kristinsson
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital and Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 112:3582-6. 2008..5%) that progressed to MM, only one person had a DVT diagnosis before transformation. Our findings suggest the operation of shared underlying mechanisms causing coagulation abnormalities among patients with MGUS and MM...