Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- High plasma osteocalcin is associated with low blood haemoglobin in elderly men: the MrOS Sweden StudyC Lewerin
Section of Hematology and Coagulation, Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Intern Med 280:398-406. 2016..It has been suggested that osteoblasts are involved in the regulation of haematopoietic stem cells. Whether osteocalcin, which is derived from osteoblasts and is metabolically active, influences blood haemoglobin (Hb) levels is not known...
- Low holotranscobalamin and cobalamins predict incident fractures in elderly men: the MrOS SwedenC Lewerin
Section of Hematology and Coagulation, Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska AcademyUniversity of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Osteoporos Int 25:131-40. 2014..9 years, we found that low levels of metabolically active and total cobalamins predict incident fractures, independently of body mass index (BMI), bone mineral density (BMD), plasma total homocysteine (tHcy), and cystatin C...
- Significant correlations of plasma homocysteine and serum methylmalonic acid with movement and cognitive performance in elderly subjects but no improvement from short-term vitamin therapy: a placebo-controlled randomized studyCatharina Lewerin
Department of Medicine at the Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 81:1155-62. 2005..Deficiencies of vitamin B-12, folic acid, and vitamin B-6-as defined by laboratory measures-occur in 10-20% of elderly subjects. The clinical significance remains unresolved...
- Glomerular filtration rate as measured by serum cystatin C is an important determinant of plasma homocysteine and serum methylmalonic acid in the elderlyC Lewerin
Department of Medicine, Salhgrenska Academy at Göteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Intern Med 261:65-73. 2007....
- Reduction of plasma homocysteine and serum methylmalonate concentrations in apparently healthy elderly subjects after treatment with folic acid, vitamin B12 and vitamin B6: a randomised trialC Lewerin
Department of Haematology and Coagulation, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:1426-36. 2003....
- High serum adiponectin is associated with low blood haemoglobin in elderly men: the Swedish MrOS studyC Lewerin
Section of Haematology and Coagulation, Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska Academy, Institute of Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Intern Med 278:68-76. 2015..The aim of this study was to determine whether adipokines such as adiponectin and leptin are associated with anaemia and Hb concentration in elderly community-dwelling men...
- [Hypereosinophilic syndrome--difficult-to-catch diagnosis. Targeted molecular diagnostics and treatment now possible thanks to gene discovery]Sofia Jonsson
Sahlgrenska Universitetssjukhuset Sahlgrenska, Goteborg
Lakartidningen 103:2556-9. 2006
- Serum biomarkers for atrophic gastritis and antibodies against Helicobacter pylori in the elderly: Implications for vitamin B12, folic acid and iron status and response to oral vitamin therapyCatharina Lewerin
Departments of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:1050-6. 2008....