Angelique Flöter Rådestad
- Serum lipids in oophorectomized women during estrogen and testosterone replacement therapyA Flöter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Maturitas 47:123-9. 2004..To evaluate the effects of giving testosterone undecanoate (TU) in addition to estrogen replacement on serum lipids in oophorectomized women...
- Effects of combined estrogen/testosterone therapy on bone and body composition in oophorectomized womenA Flöter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Gynecol Endocrinol 20:155-60. 2005..To evaluate the effect of adding testosterone undecanoate 40 mg daily to estrogen therapy on bone markers, bone mineral density and body composition in oophorectomized women...
- [Testosterone valuable for women--deficiency might require substitution. The significance for sexuality, metabolism and mental well-being]Angelique Flöter Rådestad
Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset Solna, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 103:634-6, 638-9. 2006
- Cognitive function in association with sex hormones in postmenopausal womenLjiljana Kocoska-Maras
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institutet University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Gynecol Endocrinol 29:59-62. 2013..Data suggest that not only absolute levels of sex hormones but also the balance between estrogen and testosterone and their metabolites may be important for cognitive function in women...
- A randomized trial of the effect of testosterone and estrogen on verbal fluency, verbal memory, and spatial ability in healthy postmenopausal womenLjiljana Kocoska-Maras
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Fertil Steril 95:152-7. 2011..For estrogen, we conversely hypothesized that the treatment would increase verbal fluency and verbal memory and decrease spatial ability...
- Effects of testosterone and estrogen replacement on memory functionMarika C Möller
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Division of Rehabilitation, Stockholm, Sweden
Menopause 17:983-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of adding testosterone to estrogen therapy on memory functions in oophorectomized women...
- Testosterone addition to estrogen therapy - effects on inflammatory markers for cardiovascular diseaseLjiljana Kocoska-Maras
Department of Woman and Child Health, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Gynecol Endocrinol 25:823-7. 2009..To analyze the effects of testosterone addition to estrogen therapy in comparison with estrogen alone on cardiovascular risk factors in postmenopausal women...
- Insulin and free oestradiol are independent risk factors for benign prostatic hyperplasiaJ Hammarsten
Department of Urology, Skaraborg Hospital, Skovde, Sweden
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 12:160-5. 2009..Our findings also seem to confirm the metabolic syndrome hypothesis. The metabolic syndrome and its major endocrine aberration, hyperinsulinaemia, are possible primary events in BPH...
- Lost workdays in uterine cervical cancer survivors compared to the general population: impact of treatment and relapseÅsa H Everhov
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Cancer Surviv 10:514-23. 2016..The aim of the present study was to examine the risk of lost workdays due to sick leave and disability pension by treatment modality and relapse in a population-based cohort of cervical cancer survivors versus matched comparators...
- Effects of oestradiol and raloxifene on the induction and effector phases of experimental postmenopausal arthritis and secondary osteoporosisC Jochems
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Exp Immunol 165:121-9. 2011..CII-immunization increased the oestradiol-induced ERE activation in spleen, and raloxifene activated the ERE at about 25% the intensity of oestradiol. Further experiments are needed to elucidate the exact mechanisms behind this finding...
- Estrogen receptor-beta inhibits skeletal growth and has the capacity to mediate growth plate fusion in female miceA S Chagin
Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Bone Miner Res 19:72-7. 2004..Our results show that ER beta inhibits appendicular and axial skeletal growth and has the capacity to induce fusion of the growth plates...
- Hormone therapy after uterine cervical cancer treatment: a Swedish population-based studyAsa Hallqvist Everhov
From the 1Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden 2Department of Oncology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg, Germany 3Center for Pharmacoepidemiology, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden 4Department of Women s and Children s Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden and 5Unit of Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Menopause 22:633-9. 2015..This study aims to assess use of hormone therapy (HT) after cervical cancer treatment in women of premenopause age...
- Effect of estrogen and testosterone replacement therapy on cognitive fatigueMarika Christina Möller
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Division of Rehabilitation, Stockholm Sweden
Gynecol Endocrinol 29:173-6. 2013..A well-balanced ratio between estrogen and testosterone levels may be important for cognitive fatigue...
- A novel polymorphism in the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 5 (aldo-keto reductase 1C3) gene is associated with lower serum testosterone levels in caucasian menJ Jakobsson
1Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacogenomics J 7:282-9. 2007..In conclusion, the Glu77Gly polymorphism is associated with lower testosterone levels in serum...
- Skeletal changes in type-2 diabetic Goto-Kakizaki ratsT Ahmad
Department of Surgical Sciences, Section of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Endocrinol 178:111-6. 2003..The approach described may prove to be useful in the early detection of osteopathy in diabetic patients who may be amenable to preventive treatment...