Affiliation: Orebro University Hospital
- Genotyping of Chlamydia trachomatis would improve contact tracingLars Falk
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Sex Transm Dis 30:205-10. 2003..The reported number of Chlamydia trachomatis genital infections has increased 15% annually since 1997 in Sweden. Inaccurate partner notification might be one reason...
- Tetracycline treatment does not eradicate Mycoplasma genitaliumL Falk
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Sex Transm Infect 79:318-9. 2003..To study the treatment efficacy of tetracyclines and azithromycin in Mycoplasma genitalium positive patients attending an STD clinic...
- Symptomatic urethritis is more prevalent in men infected with Mycoplasma genitalium than with Chlamydia trachomatisL Falk
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Orebro University Hospital, SE 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Sex Transm Infect 80:289-93. 2004..To study the prevalence, symptoms, and signs of Mycoplasma genitalium and Chlamydia trachomatis infections in men attending a Swedish STD clinic and to study the criteria for urethritis...
- Signs and symptoms of urethritis and cervicitis among women with or without Mycoplasma genitalium or Chlamydia trachomatis infectionL Falk
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Hospital, Orebro, SE 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Sex Transm Infect 81:73-8. 2005....
- Detection of Mycoplasma genitalium in urogenital specimens by real-time PCR and by conventional PCR assayMargaretha Jurstrand
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Outpatient Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinic, Orebro University Hospital, SE 70185 Orebro, Sweden
J Med Microbiol 54:23-9. 2005..With improvement in sample preparation methods and increased volumes of the template DNA, the LC-PCR assay could be a useful routine diagnostic method...
- Molecular genetic methods for diagnosis and characterisation of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae: impact on epidemiological surveillance and interventionsHans Fredlund
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
APMIS 112:771-84. 2004..trachomatis. This is due to the low genetic variability and hence the limited benefits for partner notification. However, genotyping of C. trachomatis may play an important role under special circumstances...
- Time to eradication of Mycoplasma genitalium after antibiotic treatment in men and womenLars Falk
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Region Östergötland, Linkoping, Sweden Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden R and D Department of Local Health Care, Region Östergötland, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
J Antimicrob Chemother 70:3134-40. 2015..The objectives of this study were to evaluate the time to a Mycoplasma genitalium-negative test after start of treatment and to monitor if and when antibiotic resistance developed...
- Sequence-based typing of Mycoplasma genitalium reveals sexual transmissionSofie Vetli Hjorth
Mycoplasma Laboratory, Statens Serum Institut, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
J Clin Microbiol 44:2078-83. 2006..In the laboratory, this system may document the uniqueness of newly isolated M. genitalium strains...
- A comparative study of three different PCR assays for detection of Mycoplasma genitalium in urogenital specimens from men and womenAndreas Edberg
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Central Hospital, Karlstad, Sweden
J Med Microbiol 57:304-9. 2008..genitalium DNA. Real-time MgPa gene PCR is well suited for the clinical diagnosis of M. genitalium...