Genomes and Genes
Orebro University Hospital
Organization: Orebro University Hospital
- Interventions during pregnancy to reduce excessive gestational weight gain: a systematic review assessing current clinical evidence using the Grading of Recommendations, Assessment, Development and Evaluation (GRADE) systemA K Ronnberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
BJOG 117:1327-34. 2010..Interventions to reduce excessive gestational weight gain have previously not been systematically evaluated using the Grading of Recommendations, Assessment, Development and Evaluation (GRADE) system...
- Patient satisfaction with dental care in one Swedish age cohort. Part II--What affects satisfactionKatri Ståhlnacke
Community Dental Office, Orebro County Council, Sweden
Swed Dent J 31:137-46. 2007..Likewise were experiences from the most recent dental visit and to some extent past care experiences like school dentistry. Almost no correlation was seen between socio-economic factors and satisfaction...
- TASC II section F on revascularization in PADLars Norgren
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
J Endovasc Ther 14:743-4. 2007
- Increase of serum C-reactive protein is an early indicator of subsequent symptomatic anastomotic leakage after anterior resectionP Matthiessen
Department of Surgery, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Colorectal Dis 10:75-80. 2008..This prospective study investigated the factors which might indicate anastomotic leakage after low anterior resection...
- Acute colonic diverticulitis: a systematic review of diagnostic accuracyG Liljegren
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Orebro, and Centre for Assessment of Medical Technology in Orebro, Orebro, Sweden
Colorectal Dis 9:480-8. 2007..To appraise the literature on the diagnosis of acute colonic diverticulitis by ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), barium enema (BE) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Decreased survival in pancreatic cancer patients with high concentrations of organochlorines in adipose tissueLennart Hardell
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, SE 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Biomed Pharmacother 61:659-64. 2007..294 days), p,p'-DDE (134 vs. 302 days), and sum of chlordanes (142 vs. 294 days) in the high and low group, respectively. The results were based on a low number of cases and should be interpreted with caution...
- Increasing rate of weight loss among schoolchildren, especially girls, in SwedenBo Werner
Division of Social Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Adolesc Health 40:238-44. 2007..This study compared the rates of relative weight loss (body mass index, BMI) among boys and girls, from age 7 to 18 years, in two birth cohorts to determine changing patterns over time...
- Fasting capillary glucose as a screening test for gestational diabetes mellitusH Fadl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
BJOG 113:1067-71. 2006..To evaluate fasting capillary glucose as a screening test for gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) compared with traditional risk factors and repeated random capillary glucose measurements...
- [Intracardiac leiomyomatosis--a benign tumor with possible fatal outcome. Radical surgery for the safest result]Thomas Larzon
Kirurgiska kliniken, Universitetssjukhuset, Orebro
Lakartidningen 103:2220-2. 2006
- A proposed stoichiometrical calibration procedure to achieve transferability of D-dimer measurements and to characterize the performance of different methodsBror Edlund
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Orebro University Hospital, SE 70185 Orebro, Sweden
Clin Biochem 39:137-42. 2006..There is little transferability between D-dimer levels obtained by different reagents today. This makes it difficult to compare results from different clinical studies...
- Hearing ability according to screening at conscription; comparison with earlier reports and with previous screening results for individuals without known ear diseaseIngrid Augustsson
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Orebro University Hospital, S 70185 Orebro, Sweden
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:909-13. 2006..2) To study how the results of screening and audiometry vary across the teenage years for a group of boys without middle ear disease...
- Lead poisoning from souvenir earthenwareEva Hellstrom-Lindberg
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, 141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 79:165-8. 2006..The intoxicated patient was successfully treated with dimercaptosuccinic acid. Ceramic producers should adhere to the longstanding European legislation...
- Endovascular treatment of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms: a shift of the paradigm?Thomas Larzon
Department of Surgery, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
J Endovasc Ther 12:548-55. 2005..To compare endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms (rAAA) to the results with open surgery...
- Is promotion of physical activity a wise use of societal resources? Issues of cost-effectiveness and equity in healthLars Axel Hagberg
Orebro County Council, Department of Public Health, Sweden
Scand J Med Sci Sports 15:304-12. 2005..The most important determinants of cost-effectiveness are adherence to new habits, experience and value of time spent on physical activity, and selection of the target group...
- How primary health care physicians make sick listing decisions: the impact of medical factors and functioningGunilla Norrmén
Uppsala University, Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Family Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology Section, S 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Fam Pract 9:3. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of medical factors and functioning on sick listing probability...
- Pulsed dose rate brachytherapy as the sole adjuvant radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery of T1-T2 breast cancer: first long time results from a clinical studyBengt Johansson
Department of Oncology, Orebro University Hospital and Orebro University, Sweden
Radiother Oncol 90:30-5. 2009..To evaluate the long time outcome with regard to local tumour control, cosmetic outcome and side effects of a short (5 days) accelerated interstitial brachytherapy treatment delivered to the surroundings of the operated sector...
- Endovascular repair of the ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysmL Norgren
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Scand J Surg 97:178-81; discussion 181-2. 2008....
- Wound infiltration with local anaesthetics in ambulatory surgeryAnil Gupta
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 23:708-13. 2010..The aim of this review is to present the current status of wound infiltration analgesia in management of postoperative pain and to highlight the risks of this technique in clinical practice...
- Time trends of persistent organic pollutants in Sweden during 1993-2007 and relation to age, gender, body mass index, breast-feeding and parityElin Hardell
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, SE 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Sci Total Environ 408:4412-9. 2010..The main source for humans is dietary intake of dairy products, meat and fish. Little data exist on changes of the concentration of POPs in the Swedish population over time...
- Being a close relative of a person with aphasiaBirgitta Sjöqvist Nätterlund
Centre for Rehabilitation Research, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Scand J Occup Ther 17:18-28. 2010..The close relatives must be given support from rehabilitation and community staff, to make it easier for them to communicate with and cope with the aphasic person in everyday activities...
- Patient focused drug surveillance of elderly patients in nursing homesInger Nordin Olsson
Family Medicine Research Centre, School of Health and Medical Sciences, Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 19:150-7. 2010..To examine whether patient focused drug surveillance was associated with a higher quality of drug treatment at nursing homes...
- Local anaesthetic adjuvants: neuraxial versus peripheral nerve blockKjell Axelsson
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 22:649-54. 2009..To present a review of the literature on the importance and the clinical characteristics relevant to adjuvants added to local anaesthetics in neuraxial and peripheral nerve blocks...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus saprophyticus in Sweden carries various types of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec)B Soderquist
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:1176-8. 2009..Eight Swedish isolates of mecA-positive S. saprophyticus with diverse origin carrying at least three different types of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) are described here...
- Exposure to an 890-MHz mobile phone-like signal and serum levels of S100B and transthyretin in volunteersFredrik Söderqvist
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, School of Health and Medical Sciences, Orebro University, Orebro SE 701 87, Sweden
Toxicol Lett 189:63-6. 2009..02). The clinical significance of this finding, if any, is unknown. Further randomized studies with use of additional more brain specific markers are needed...
- Azithromycin increases chloride efflux from cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cellsIgor Oliynyk
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Exp Lung Res 35:210-21. 2009..AZM treatment did not affect mRNA expression of MDR and CFTR. The stimulation of Cl- efflux could be part of the explanation for the clinical improvement seen among the patients...
- Phenotypic and genetic characterization of the 2008 WHO Neisseria gonorrhoeae reference strain panel intended for global quality assurance and quality control of gonococcal antimicrobial resistance surveillance for public health purposesMagnus Unemo
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:1142-51. 2009..Here we phenotypically and genetically characterized the 2008 WHO N. gonorrhoeae reference panel, widely used under existing WHO AMR surveillance protocols...
- Evaluation of a single session with cooling garment for persons with multiple sclerosis--a randomized trialYlva Nilsagard
Department of Physiotherapy and Centre for the Assessment of Medical Technology, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol 1:225-33. 2006..This research investigates the objective and subjective effects of wearing the Rehband cooling garment...
- Incidence and mortality of incidental prostate cancer: a Swedish register-based studyO Andrén
Department of Urology Orebro University Hospital, Orebro 701 85, Sweden
Br J Cancer 100:170-3. 2009..6%) of affected men diagnosed died of their disease, which challenges earlier descriptions of incidental prostate cancer as a non-lethal disease...
- Milrinone increases flow in coronary artery bypass grafts after cardiopulmonary bypass: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyMikael Arbeus
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Anesthesiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 23:48-53. 2009..To compare the effects of a bolus of milrinone, 50 microg/kg, versus placebo on flow in coronary artery bypass grafts after cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Treatment-seeking, aspects of sexual activity and life satisfaction in men with laser-treated penile carcinomaElisabet Skeppner
Department of Urology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Eur Urol 54:631-9. 2008..The aims were to assess the initial symptoms of penile carcinoma and patients' time frame in treatment seeking, and to describe the effect of laser treatment on sexual activity and life satisfaction...
- How does persistent pain develop? An analysis of the relationship between psychological variables, pain and function across stages of chronicityKatja Boersma
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Behav Res Ther 43:1495-507. 2005..This suggests that the time point in the development of a musculoskeletal pain problem might be an essential aspect of the importance of the relationship between psychological components and function...
- [Time for the Medical Society to comment the issue of the apathetic refugee children]Philip Gottlieb
Kvinnokliniken, Karlskoga lasarett
Lakartidningen 102:2236; discussion 2237. 2005
- Genotyping of Chlamydia trachomatis would improve contact tracingLars Falk
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Sex Transm Dis 30:205-10. 2003..The reported number of Chlamydia trachomatis genital infections has increased 15% annually since 1997 in Sweden. Inaccurate partner notification might be one reason...
- Case-control study on the use of cellular and cordless phones and the risk for malignant brain tumoursL Hardell
Department of Oncology, Orebro Medical Centre, S 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Int J Radiat Biol 78:931-6. 2002..To investigate the use of cellular and cordless phones and the risk for malignant brain tumours...
- Is postoperative radiotherapy after breast conserving surgery always mandatory? A review of randomised controlled trialsG Liljegren
Department of Surgery and Centre for Assessment of Medical Technology in Orebro, University Hospital, Sweden
Scand J Surg 91:251-4. 2002..The aim of this review is to synthesise the results from randomised trials and try and define a subgroup of patients in whom postoperative radiotherapy could be omitted...
- Salvage of an acutely ruptured thoracic aortic aneurysm during CPRThomas Larzon
Department of Surgery, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
J Endovasc Ther 9:II67-71. 2002..To report the successful endovascular treatment of a ruptured thoracic aortic aneurysm during cardiopulmonary resuscitation...
- Behavioural awareness, interaction and counselling education in audiological rehabilitation: development of methods and application in a pilot studyErik Borg
Ahlsen Research Institute, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
Int J Audiol 41:308-20. 2002..It was concluded that these new methods could contribute new possibilities in rehabilitation programmes, emphasizing the shared responsibility for communication and the unique competence and abilities of the hearing-impaired person...
- Clindamycin resistant strains of Clostridium difficile isolated from cases of C. difficile associated diarrhea (CDAD) in a hospital in SwedenTorbjörn Norén
Department of Infectious Diseases, Orebro Medical Center Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 42:149-51. 2002..These preliminary results suggest that clindamycin resistant isolates may be common etiologic agents of CDAD in Sweden...
- Apheresis registry in Sweden: scope, techniques and indications for treatment. A report from the Swedish apheresis study groupR Norda
Department of Transfusion Medicine and Immunohemotherapy, Orebro Medical Center Hospital, Sweden
Transfus Apher Sci 24:49-55. 2001..The extent of therapeutic apheresis in Sweden was compared to other countries on the basis of published data. In Sweden, the extent of therapy is two- to three-fold to that for Canada and France...
- Perception and documentation of arrhythmias after successful radiofrequency catheter ablation of accessory pathwaysH Oddsson
Division of Cardiology, Orebro Medical Center Hospital, 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 6:216-21. 2001..Some patients continue to have palpitations in spite of successful ablation of Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome. Recurrence of accessory pathways as well as unrelated arrhythmias may explain the symptoms...
- Usefulness of a psychometric questionnaire in exploring parental attitudes in children's dental careK Arnrup
Department of Pedodontics, Postgraduate Dental Education Center, Orebro, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 59:14-20. 2001....
- The relation between mitral annulus motion and ejection fraction: a nonlinear functionK Emilsson
Department of Clinical Physiology, Orebro Medical Center Hospital, Sweden
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 13:896-901. 2000..The relation is better described by an S function and is influenced by age and heart size...
- [Drug-induced enterocolitis. Important differential diagnosis in the investigation of diarrhea and intestinal hemorrhage]C Tysk
sektionen for gastroenterologi, Regionsjukhuset i Orebro
Lakartidningen 97:2606-10. 2000..Sulphasalazine and 5-ASA can cause relapse of ulcerative colitis. Neutropenic enterocolitis is a severe complication to cytotoxic therapy for cancer. Ischemic colitis can be caused by drugs inducing mesenteric vasoconstriction...
- Invasive disease due to Haemophilus influenzae type b during the first six years of general vaccination of Swedish childrenO Garpenholt
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro Medical Centre Hospital, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 89:471-4. 2000..2-97.5). The study supports earlier studies from several countries that conjugated Hib vaccination introduced in general childhood vaccination programs is effective and substantially decreases suffering from invasive Hib diseases...
- Evidence-based rehabilitation in forensic psychiatryP Lindqvist
Br J Psychiatry 176:320-3. 2000..The extent to which forensic psychiatric rehabilitation alters an individual's level of risk is unclear...
- Pulmonary function 4 months after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryE Westerdahl
Department of Physiotherapy and Thoracic Surgery, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Respir Med 97:317-22. 2003..In conclusion, a significant restrictive pulmonary impairment persisting up to 4 months into the postoperative period was found after CABG. Measured levels of pain were low and could not explain the impairment...
- [Physician, bird photographer and writer Paul Rosenius. His book saved son-in-law's life in Goring's Germany]Dan Axel Hallbäck
Kliniken för medicin och geriatrik, Karlskoga lasarett
Lakartidningen 100:1354-5. 2003
- Different attitudes when handling aggressive behaviour in dementia--narratives from two caregiver groupsK Skovdahl
Centre for Nursing Science, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Aging Ment Health 7:277-86. 2003....
- [Microscopic colitis--more common cause of diarrhea than believed. Biopsies are the only way to diagnosis, drug treatment is effective]Curt Tysk
sektionen for gastroenterologi, Medicinska kliniken, Orebro universitet
Lakartidningen 102:2210-4. 2005..There are at present no controlled data on the treatment of lymphocytic colitis. The long-term prognosis of microscopic colitis is good, serious complications are rare and there is no increased mortality...
- Cellular and cordless telephone use and the association with brain tumors in different age groupsLennart Hardell
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Arch Environ Health 59:132-7. 2004..63-55 for ipsilateral use of analog phones. The highest risks were associated with >5-year latency period in the 20-29-yr age group for analog phones (OR = 8.17, 95% CI = 0.94-71), and cordless phones (OR = 4.30, 95% CI = 1.22-15)...
- Local anaesthesia for pain relief after laparoscopic cholecystectomy--a systematic reviewAnil Gupta
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital, SE 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 19:275-92. 2005..The explanation for the wide interindividual variation in pain following LC should also be better investigated...
- Comparison of soluble thrombomodulin, von Willebrand factor, tPA/PAI-1 complex, and high-sensitivity CRP concentrations in serum, EDTA plasma, citrated plasma, and acidified citrated plasma (Stabilyte) stored at -70 degrees C for 8-11 yearsTorbjörn K Nilsson
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Thromb Res 116:249-54. 2005..Indeed, using acidified Stabilyte plasma as the single medium would substantially simplify sampling for many epidemiological studies...
- [Endovascular treatment possible in ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm]Thomas Larzon
Kirurgiska kliniken, Universitetssjukhuset i Orebro, Sweden
Lakartidningen 102:1320-2, 1325. 2005..Further studies are required to conclude whether EVAR significantly increases survival and reduces complications...
- Influence of interleukin (IL)-1 composite genotype on clinical variables in non-smoking, well-maintained compliant patients with chronic periodontitisJörgen König
Department of Periodontology, Dental School, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Swed Dent J 29:11-6. 2005..9 mm (T1) and increased slightly to 3.3 mm/3.4 mm at T2. Intergroup differences of PPD and tooth loss were not significant. Regarding pocket probing depth and tooth loss, there were no significant differences related to IL-1 genotype...
- The effects of cricoid pressure, remifentanil, and propofol on esophageal motility and the lower esophageal sphincterKristian Thorn
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Orebro University Hospital, 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Anesth Analg 100:1200-3. 2005..These effects were not seen during the remifentanil infusion. This shows the importance of when to apply cricoid pressure during rapid-sequence induction...
- A short-term follow-up of treatment outcome in groups of uncooperative child dental patientsK Arnrup
Department of Pedodontics, Postgraduate Dental Education Centre, Orebro, Sweden
Eur J Paediatr Dent 5:216-24. 2004..To evaluate the short-term follow-up outcome in four subgroups of uncooperative child dental patients referred to a specialist paediatric dental clinic in Sweden...
- Nasal histamine reactivity among adolescents in a remediated moisture-damaged school--a longitudinal studyS Rudblad
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Indoor Air 14:342-50. 2004..The increased mucosal reactivity observed among the teachers is probably a result of the previous long-term exposure to building dampness. No differences were seen between atopic and non-atopic students...
- Coercion in psychiatric care - patients' and relatives' experiences from four Swedish psychiatric servicesLars Kjellin
Psychiatric Research Centre, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 58:153-9. 2004....
- Dementia and aggressiveness: stimulated recall interviews with caregivers after video-recorded interactionsKirsti Skovdahl
Centre for Nursing Science, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
J Clin Nurs 13:515-25. 2004..Caregivers who reported problems when dealing with such behaviour and caregivers, who did not, were included in this study...
- Discoid lupus erythematosus treated with cryotherapyL Molin
Department of Dermatology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
J Dermatolog Treat 14:182-3. 2003..Treatment with cryosurgery resulted in complete healing of the lesions, leaving slightly hypopigmented soft scars. There was no tendency of relapse during a follow-up period of ten years...
- Test-retest intra-rater reliability of grip force in patients with strokeAnn Hammer
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
J Rehabil Med 35:189-94. 2003..The aim was to evaluate test-retest intra-rater reliability of a clinical procedure measuring grip force with Grippit in stroke patients, to assess relationship between grip force of the hands and between sustained and peak grip force...
- Concentrations of organochlorines related to titers to Epstein-Barr virus early antigen IgG as risk factors for hairy cell leukemiaM Nordstrom
Department of Oncology, Orebro Medical Centre, Orebro, Sweden
Environ Health Perspect 108:441-5. 2000..We also found increased risk for the sum of immunotoxic PCB group...