Affiliation: National Veterinary Institute
- Confirmation of botulism in birds and cattle by the mouse bioassay and Endopep-MSMikael Hedeland
National Veterinary Institute SVA, Department of Chemistry, Environment and Feed Hygiene, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
J Med Microbiol 60:1299-305. 2011..This is the first step of a cross-validation between the established mouse bioassay and the Endopep-MS of serotypes BoNT/C1 and /C1D. Endopep-MS is concluded to have potential as an attractive alternative to the mouse bioassay...
- Simultaneous quantification of the enantiomers of verapamil and its N-demethylated metabolite in human plasma using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryMikael Hedeland
Section of Drug Analysis, Department of Chemistry, National Veterinary Institute SVA, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 804:303-11. 2004..S.D. in the range of 3.6-7.8%. The presented method was successfully applied to an in vivo intestinal absorption and bioavailability study in humans, using the Loc-I-Gut method...
- Structural elucidation of N-oxidized clemastine metabolites by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry and the use of Cunninghamella elegans to facilitate drug metabolite identificationAnnica Tevell Aberg
Department of Chemistry, Environment and Feed Hygiene, National Veterinary Institute SVA, Uppsala, Sweden
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 24:1447-56. 2010..By MS(n) fragmentation it was concluded that two of the hydroxylated metabolites were oxidized on the methylpyrridyl moiety, one on the aromatic ring with the chloro substituent, and one on the aromatic ring without the chlorine...
- In vitro formation of phase I and II metabolites of propranolol and determination of their structures using chemical derivatization and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryMatilda Lampinen Salomonsson
Division of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Uppsala University, Biomedical Centre, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Mass Spectrom 44:742-54. 2009....
- Management of animal botulism outbreaks: from clinical suspicion to practical countermeasures to prevent or minimize outbreaksFabrizio Anniballi
Fabrizio Anniballi, CLT, is a Laboratory Technician Alfonsina Fiore, PhD, is a Researcher Bruna Auricchio, CLT, is a Laboratory Technician and Dario De Medici, PhD, is Senior Researcher, all at Istituto Superiore di Sanità ISS, Department of Veterinary Public Health and Food Safety, Rome, Italy Charlotta Löfström, PhD, is an Assistant Professor, and Trine Hansen, MSc, is a PhD student, both at the National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark DTU, Søborg, Denmark Hanna Skarin, MSc, is a Research Assistant Bo Segerman, PhD, is is a Researcher Viveca Båverud, PhD, is Associate Professor Eva Olsson Engvall, PhD, is Associate Professor all in the Department of Bacteriology, National Veterinary Institute SVA, Uppsala, Sweden, and Department of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, Department of Radiology
Biosecur Bioterror 11:S191-9. 2013..Several measures can be adopted to prevent or minimize outbreaks. In this article we outline all phases of management of animal botulism outbreaks occurring in wet wild birds, poultry, cattle, horses, and fur farm animals. ..
- Quantification of dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) in equine plasma and urine using HILIC-MS/MSMatilda L Salomonsson
Department of Chemistry, Environment and Feed Hygiene, National Veterinary Institute SVA, SE 751 89, Uppsala, Sweden
Drug Test Anal . 2016..Successful applications on real equine doping control samples were carried out with determined DMSO concentrations exceeding the international thresholds. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- Validation of the Endopep-MS method for qualitative detection of active botulinum neurotoxins in human and chicken serumKristian Björnstad
Department of Chemistry, Environment and Feed Hygiene, National Veterinary Institute SVA, 751 89, Uppsala, Sweden
Anal Bioanal Chem 406:7149-61. 2014..These results indicate that the Endopep-MS method is a valid alternative to the MBA as the gold standard for BoNT detection based on its sensitivity, selectivity, and speed and that it does not require experimental animals. ..
- St John's wort decreases the bioavailability of R- and S-verapamil through induction of the first-pass metabolismChrister Tannergren
Department of Pharmacy and Division of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Deparment of Medicinal Chemistry, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:298-309. 2004..Our objective was to investigate the inducing effect of repeated oral administration of St John's wort on the jejunal transport and presystemic extraction of R- and S-verapamil in humans...
- Multiple transport mechanisms involved in the intestinal absorption and first-pass extraction of fexofenadineChrister Tannergren
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Pharmacol Ther 74:423-36. 2003..Our objective was to investigate the main in vivo transport mechanisms of fexofenadine involved in the intestinal absorption and bioavailability of the drug in humans...
- First-pass effects of verapamil on the intestinal absorption and liver disposition of fexofenadine in the porcine modelNiclas Petri
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Box 580, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Drug Metab Dispos 34:1182-9. 2006..In this model the E(H) values for both verapamil and antipyrine were similar to the corresponding values in vivo in humans...
- Biliary secretion of rosuvastatin and bile acids in humans during the absorption phaseEbba Bergman
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, P O Box 580, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Pharm Sci 29:205-14. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the biliary secretion of rosuvastatin in healthy volunteers using an intestinal perfusion method after administration of 10mg rosuvastatin dispersion in the intestine...
- Development of a chiral non-aqueous capillary electrophoretic system using the partial filling technique with UV and mass spectrometric detectionHenrik Lodén
Division of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Uppsala University, Biomedical Centre, Box 574, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 986:143-52. 2003..The separated enantiomers of pronethalol were detected by a Q-TOF MS system equipped with a sheath-flow electrospray ionization interface...
- Chiral separation of amines with N-benzoxycarbonylglycyl-L-proline as selector in non-aqueous capillary electrophoresis using methanol and 1,2-dichloroethane in the background electrolyteYlva Hedeland
Division of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biomedical Centre, Uppsala University, Box 574, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 984:261-71. 2003..2%) compared to the systems containing dichloromethane. An enantiomeric separation of mepivacaine was performed within 72 s by use of short-end injection with an effective capillary length of 8.5 cm...