Affiliation: National Veterinary Institute
- Characterization of plasmid-mediated AmpC-producing E. coli from Swedish broilers and association with human clinical isolatesS Borjesson
National Veterinary Institute SVA, Department of Animal Health and Antimicrobial Strategies, Travvägen 20, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 19:E309-11. 2013..Furthermore, there were no indications of spread of blaCMY-2 E. coli isolates from broilers to human clinical settings, although Swedish broilers may be a source of blaCMY-2 and/or the plasmid carrying blaCMY-2 ...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius in SwedenStefan Borjesson
Department of Animal Health and Antimicrobial Strategies, National Veterinary Institute, Uppsala, Sweden
Microb Drug Resist 18:597-603. 2012..Furthermore, the geographical dissemination of MRSP corresponded to areas with high dog densities, centered on the three major cities in Sweden where the largest animal hospitals are situated...
- Frequent occurrence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase- and transferable ampc beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli on domestic chicken meat in SwedenStefan Borjesson
National Veterinary Institute SVA, Uppsala, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 79:2463-6. 2013..Isolates from Swedish chicken meat and broilers were closely related to isolates from chicken meat imported into Sweden; these results indicate a common source of the contamination...
- Spread of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase producing Escherichia coli isolates in Swedish broilers mediated by an incl plasmid carrying bla(CTX-M-1)Stefan Borjesson
Department of Animal Health and Antimicrobial Strategies, National Veterinary Institute SVA, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Vet Scand 55:3. 2013..The aim of the current study was to characterise a selection of E. coli strains carrying the blaCTX-M-1, to determine if the spread was due to a specific clone...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus containing mecC in Swedish dairy cowsHelle Ericsson Unnerstad
Department of Animal Health and Antimicrobial Strategies, National Veterinary Institute, Uppsala, SE 751 89, Sweden
Acta Vet Scand 55:6. 2013..However, due to the report of mecC, a novel homologue to the mecA gene, there was reason to re-evaluate susceptibility results from strain collections of Staphylococcus aureus and test suspected isolates for the presence of mecC...
- Vertical transmission of Escherichia coli carrying plasmid-mediated AmpC (pAmpC) through the broiler production pyramidOskar Nilsson
Department of Animal Health and Antimicrobial Strategies, National Veterinary Institute, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:1497-500. 2014..Introduction through imported breeding stock and subsequent vertical transmission of the bacteria through the production pyramid could be one explanation for this high prevalence...