Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Lund University
- RNA sequencing: current and prospective uses in metabolic researchPetter Vikman
Diabetes and EndocrinologyDepartment of Clinical Sciences, Malmo University Hospital, CRC, Lund University, Building 60, Level 13, Entrance 72, S 205 02 Malmo, Skåne, Sweden
J Mol Endocrinol 53:R93-101. 2014..The only drawback is the large data amounts produced, which together with the complexity of the data can make a researcher spend far more time on analysis than performing the actual experiment. ..
- Transcriptional regulation of inflammatory and extracellular matrix-regulating genes in cerebral arteries following experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats. Laboratory investigationPetter Vikman
Department of Clinical Sciences, Experimental Vascular Research, Lund, Sweden
J Neurosurg 107:1015-22. 2007....
- Gene expression and molecular changes in cerebral arteries following subarachnoid hemorrhage in the ratPetter Vikman
Department of Clinical Sciences, Experimental Vascular Research, Lunds universitet, Lund, Sweden
J Neurosurg 105:438-44. 2006..The authors investigated early changes in the cerebral arteries of rats that occur after subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH)...
- Gene expression profiling in the human middle cerebral artery after cerebral ischemiaP Vikman
Department of Experimental Vascular Research, Institution of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 13:1324-32. 2006..Gene expression studies in the human MCA leading to the ischemic region is similar to that seen after MCA occlusion in rats. We found new genes that support the dynamic changes that occur in the MCA distributing to the ischemic region...
- Cerebrovascular ETB, 5-HT1B, and AT1 receptor upregulation correlates with reduction in regional CBF after subarachnoid hemorrhageSaema Ansar
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Lund University, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H3750-8. 2007..These changes occur in parallel with a successive decrease in CBF. Thus there is a temporal correlation between the changes in receptor expression and CBF reduction, suggesting a linkage...
- Cerebral ischemia induces transcription of inflammatory and extracellular-matrix-related genes in rat cerebral arteriesPetter Vikman
Department of Clinical Sciences, Experimental Vascular Research, BMC A13, 221 84, Lund, Sweden
Exp Brain Res 183:499-510. 2007....
- Protein kinase C inhibition attenuates vascular ETB receptor upregulation and decreases brain damage after cerebral ischemia in ratMarie Henriksson
Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Department of Clinical Sciences in Lund, Lund University, Sweden
BMC Neurosci 8:7. 2007..The present study aimed to examine the effect of the PKC inhibitor Ro-32-0432 on endothelin receptor upregulation, infarct volume and neurology outcome after middle cerebral artery occlusion in rat...
- Inhibition of PKC activity blocks the increase of ETB receptor expression in cerebral arteriesMarie Henriksson
Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
BMC Pharmacol 6:13. 2006..Furthermore, immunohistochemistry was used to demonstrate the ETB receptor protein distribution in the MCA and Western blot to measure which of the PKC subtypes that were affected by the inhibitors...
- MEK1/2 inhibition attenuates vascular ETA and ETB receptor alterations after cerebral ischaemiaMarie Henriksson
Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Department of Clinical Sciences in Lund, BMC A13, Lund University, Lund, 221 84 Sweden
Exp Brain Res 178:470-6. 2007..The vascular effects of U0126 provide new perspective on possible mechanisms of actions of MAPK inhibition in cerebral ischaemia...
- Lipid-soluble cigarette smoking particles induce expression of inflammatory and extracellular-matrix-related genes in rat cerebral arteriesPetter Vikman
Department of Clinical Sciences, Experimental Vascular Research, Lund, Sweden
Vasc Health Risk Manag 5:333-41. 2009..Cigarette smoking is one of the strongest risk factors for stroke. However, the underlying molecular mechanisms that smoke leads to the pathogenesis of stroke are incompletely understood...
- Discriminative Prediction of A-To-I RNA Editing Events from DNA SequenceJiangming Sun
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Unit of Molecular Metabolism, Lund University Diabetes Centre, CRC, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 11:e0164962. 2016..g., by targeted deep sequencing. In conclusion, the approach described here is a useful tool to identify potential A-to-I RNA editing events without the requirement of extensive RNA sequencing...
- A systems genetics approach identifies genes and pathways for type 2 diabetes in human isletsJalal Taneera
Lund University Diabetes Center, Department of Clinical Sciences, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Lund University, Malmo 20502, Sweden
Cell Metab 16:122-34. 2012..The data present a global map of genes associated with islet dysfunction and demonstrate the value of systems genetics for the identification of genes potentially involved in T2D...
- Smoking particles enhance endothelin A and endothelin B receptor-mediated contractions by enhancing translation in rat bronchiBengt W Granström
Department of Medicine, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
BMC Pulm Med 6:6. 2006..To study the effect of smoking on the endothelin system in rat airways, bronchial segments were exposed to DMSO-soluble smoking particles (DSP) from cigarette smoke, to nicotine and to DMSO, respectively...
- Angiotensin II-induced vasodilatation in cerebral arteries is mediated by endothelium-derived hyperpolarising factorAngelica Wackenfors
Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Department of Clinical Science, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 531:259-63. 2006..The angiotensin II dilatation was blocked by the angiotensin AT1 and AT2 receptor blockers candesartan and PD 123319. Both angiotensin AT1 and AT2 receptors were detected on the endothelium by immunohistochemistry...
- Serotonin (5-HT) receptor 2b activation augments glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in human and mouse islets of LangerhansHedvig Bennet
Lund University Diabetes Centre, Department of Clinical Sciences, Unit of Diabetes and Celiac Disease, Clinical Research Centre, Jan Waldenströms gata 35, Clinical Research Centre House 91 10, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, SE 20502, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetologia 59:744-54. 2016..The aim of the present study was to explore the role of the 5-HT2B receptor in the regulation of insulin secretion in mouse and human islets, as well as in clonal INS-1(832/13) cells...
- Complement inhibitor CD55 governs the integrity of membrane rafts in pancreatic beta cells, but plays no role in insulin secretionVini Nagaraj
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, SE 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 460:518-24. 2015..However CD55 does not interfere with insulin secretion in beta cells, which is in sharp contrast to the action of the complement inhibitor CD59. ..
- Global genomic and transcriptomic analysis of human pancreatic islets reveals novel genes influencing glucose metabolismJoão Fadista
Lund University Diabetes Centre, Department of Clinical Sciences, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Lund University, 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:13924-9. 2014..Taken together, this study provides new insights into the complexity of gene regulation in human pancreatic islets and better understanding of how genetic variation can influence glucose metabolism. ..
- TCF7L2 is a master regulator of insulin production and processingYuedan Zhou
Department of Clinical Sciences, CRC, Lund University, Malmo 20502, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 23:6419-31. 2014..These multiple targets in key pathways may explain why TCF7L2 has emerged as the gene showing one of the strongest associations with T2D. ..
- HDAC7 is overexpressed in human diabetic islets and impairs insulin secretion in rat islets and clonal beta cellsMahboubeh Daneshpajooh
Epigenetics and Diabetes Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University Diabetes Centre, Lund University, CRC, 20502, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetologia 60:116-125. 2017..Our aim was to investigate the role of HDAC7 in human and rat pancreatic islets and clonal INS-1 beta cells (INS-1 832/13)...
- Influence of Familial Renal Glycosuria Due to Mutations in the SLC5A2 Gene on Changes in Glucose Tolerance over TimeEmilia Ottosson-Laakso
Diabetes and Endocrinology, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 11:e0146114. 2016..In conclusion, in this family with familial glycosuria we did not find any evidence that chronic loss of glucose in the urine would protect from deterioration of the glucose tolerance over time. ..