Affiliation: Lund University
- Lower levels of plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D among young adults at diagnosis of autoimmune type 1 diabetes compared with control subjects: results from the nationwide Diabetes Incidence Study in Sweden (DISS)B Littorin
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Lund, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetologia 49:2847-52. 2006..Low plasma vitamin D concentrations may promote the development of type 1 diabetes. To test this hypothesis, we measured plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25OHD) in young adults with type 1 diabetes...
- Family characteristics and life events before the onset of autoimmune type 1 diabetes in young adults: a nationwide studyB Littorin
Derpartment of Community Health Sciences, Södervärn Primary Health Care Center, Malmo University Hospital, Ahlmansgatan 12, S 214 27 Malmö, Sweden
Diabetes Care 24:1033-7. 2001..To elucidate whether family characteristics and stressful life events were associated with onset of autoimmune type 1 diabetes in young adults...
- Appearance of islet cell autoantibodies after clinical diagnosis of diabetes mellitusM Landin-Olsson
Department of Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology Clinic, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Autoimmunity 29:57-63. 1999..In conclusion, newly diagnosed patients may be negative for autoantibodies at diagnosis but develop these antibodies later on during the disease...
- Glutamic acid decarboxylase antibodies (GADA) is the most important factor for prediction of insulin therapy within 3 years in young adult diabetic patients not classified as Type 1 diabetes on clinical groundsC Torn
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 16:442-47. 2000..In this study we tested the hypothesis that autoantibodies at diagnosis are predictive for insulin treatment within 3 years in patients initially not classified as Type 1 diabetes...
- Prognostic factors for the course of beta cell function in autoimmune diabetesC Torn
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:4619-23. 2000..Other factors such as age, gender, body mass index, levels of ICA, IA-2A or IAA had no prognostic importance...
- Increasing body mass index at diagnosis of diabetes in young adult people during 1983-1999 in the Diabetes Incidence Study in Sweden (DISS)B Littorin
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Malmö Lund, Malmö Lund, Sweden
J Intern Med 254:251-6. 2003..To study trends in body mass index (BMI) at diagnosis of diabetes in all young Swedish adults in the age range of 15-34 years registered in a nation-based registry...