Charlotte A Larsson
Affiliation: Lund University
- Clusters of AMI risk factors and their association with left ventricular hypertrophy: a population-based study within the Skaraborg Project, SwedenCharlotte A Larsson
Lund University, Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmo, Social Medicine and Global Health, Skane University Hospital, Jan Waldenströms gata 35, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden University of Gothenburg, The Sahlgrenska Academy, Department of Public Health and Community Medicine Primary Health Care, Box 454, 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:5416-21. 2013....
- Low sex hormone-binding globulin is associated with hypertension: a cross-sectional study in a Swedish populationBledar Daka
Department of Primary Health Care, Institute of Medicine, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 13:30. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the association of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) and hypertension in a Swedish population...
- Female advantage in AMI mortality is reversed in patients with type 2 diabetes in the Skaraborg ProjectCharlotte A Larsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes Care 28:2246-8. 2005
- Leisure time and occupational physical activity in relation to obesity and insulin resistance: a population-based study from the Skaraborg Project in SwedenCharlotte A Larsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Lund, Malmo, Community Medicine, Malmo University Hospital, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Metabolism 61:590-8. 2012..Although exploration of the metabolic effects of OPA appears to be needed, thorough measurement of potential confounders is also vital to understand contextual effects...
- Salivary cortisol differs with age and sex and shows inverse associations with WHR in Swedish women: a cross-sectional studyCharlotte A Larsson
University of Lund, Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmo, Sweden
BMC Endocr Disord 9:16. 2009..Most studies on cortisol have focused on smaller, selected samples. We therefore aimed to sex-specifically study the diurnal cortisol pattern and explore its association with abdominal obesity in a large unselected population...
- The Asp298 allele of endothelial nitric oxide synthase is a risk factor for myocardial infarction among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusJacob Odeberg
Department of Medicine, Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Centre for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 8:36. 2008..Given the role of nitric oxide in the vascular system, we aimed to test hypotheses of synergy between the common endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) Asp298 allele and T2DM in predisposing to acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Predictors of acute myocardial infarction mortality in hypertensive patients treated in primary care: a population-based follow-up study in the Skaraborg ProjectErik Bøg-Hansen
University of Lund, Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 25:237-43. 2007..To explore risk factors for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) mortality in hypertensive patients treated in primary care...
- Circulating concentrations of endothelin-1 predict coronary heart disease in women but not in men: a longitudinal observational study in the Vara-Skövde CohortBledar Daka
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Box 454, S 405 30, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 15:146. 2015..The vasoconstricting peptide endothelin-1 has been proposed to be a marker of cardiovascular disease. Our aim was to investigate whether circulating endothelin-1 levels predict coronary heart disease (CHD) in Sweden...
- The association between self-rated health and impaired glucose tolerance in Swedish adults: a cross-sectional studySusanne Andersson
Institute of Health and Care Sciences, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 31:111-8. 2013..To investigate gender differences in the association between self-rated health (SRH) and impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) in subjects unaware of their glucose tolerance...
- Polymorphisms in the adiponutrin gene are associated with increased insulin secretion and obesityLovisa E Johansson
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Malmö University Hospital MAS, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 159:577-83. 2008..This study aimed to replicate the association between PNPLA3 variants and obesity, and to investigate their effect on insulin resistance and beta-cell function...
- Low concentrations of serum testosterone predict acute myocardial infarction in men with type 2 diabetes mellitusBledar Daka
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine Primary Health Care, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Endocr Disord 15:35. 2015..The aim of the present study was to investigate the associations between endogenous testosterone concentrations and the incidence of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in men and women with and without type 2 diabetes...
- Insulin resistance predicts early cardiovascular morbidity in men without diabetes mellitus, with effect modification by physical activityMargareta I Hellgren
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine Primary Health Care, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Eur J Prev Cardiol 22:940-9. 2015..to assess how well insulin resistance predicts cardiovascular disease (CVD) in non-diabetic men and women and to explore the influence of physical activity...