E L Lane
Affiliation: Lund University
- The impact of graft size on the development of dyskinesia following intrastriatal grafting of embryonic dopamine neurons in the ratE L Lane
Basal Ganglia Pathophysiology Unit, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Neurobiol Dis 22:334-45. 2006..In conclusion, robust and reproducible AIMs were evoked in rats with large grafts by blockade of monoamine reuptake. These AIMs may provide a new tool for assessing dyskinetic effects of neural grafting...
- Neuroinflammation in the generation of post-transplantation dyskinesia in Parkinson's diseaseE L Lane
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University, Sweden
Neurobiol Dis 32:220-8. 2008..These results indicate that an inflammatory response in and around grafted dopaminergic neurons is not sufficient to evoke dyskinetic behaviors in experimental models of PD...
- Priming for L-DOPA-induced abnormal involuntary movements increases the severity of amphetamine-induced dyskinesia in grafted ratsE L Lane
Neuronal Survival Unit, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund, Sweden
Exp Neurol 219:355-8. 2009....
- Dopamine uptake inhibitor-induced rotation in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats involves both D1 and D2 receptors but is modulated through 5-hydroxytryptamine and noradrenaline receptorsE L Lane
GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, Hodgkin Building, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:1124-31. 2005..However, the mechanism of this interaction is complex, involving opposing effects of noradrenaline and 5-HT agonism and antagonism...
- Repeated administration of the monoamine reuptake inhibitor BTS 74 398 induces ipsilateral circling in the 6-hydroxydopamine lesioned rat without sensitizing motor behavioursE L Lane
Neurodegenerative Disease Research Centre, GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College, London SE1 1UL, UK
Eur J Neurosci 21:179-86. 2005..The lack of such changes following repeated BTS 74 398 treatment suggests that it may be an effective antiparkinsonian therapy that is unlikely to produce involuntary movements...
- Does contraversive circling in the 6-OHDA-lesioned rat indicate an ability to induce motor complications as well as therapeutic effects in Parkinson's disease?E L Lane
Neurodegenerative Disease Research Centre, GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College, London, UK
Exp Neurol 197:284-90. 2006....
- Striatal output markers do not alter in response to circling behaviour in 6-OHDA lesioned rats produced by acute or chronic administration of the monoamine uptake inhibitor BTS 74 398E L Lane
Neurodegenerative Disease Research Centre, School of Health and Biomedical Sciences, King s College, London, UK
J Neural Transm 115:423-9. 2008..An action in another area of the brain appears likely and may explain the subsequent failure of BTS 74 398 and related compounds to exert anti-parkinsonian actions in man...