Affiliation: Lund University
- Galiellalactone is a novel therapeutic candidate against hormone-refractory prostate cancer expressing activated Stat3Rebecka Hellsten
Division of Urological Cancers, Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Prostate 68:269-80. 2008..In this study we investigated the in vitro and in vivo effects of the fungal metabolite galiellalactone, a direct inhibitor of Stat3, on PCa cells...
- Galiellalactone inhibits stem cell-like ALDH-positive prostate cancer cellsRebecka Hellsten
Division of Urological Cancers, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e22118. 2011....
- Preclinical Characterization of 3β-(N-Acetyl l-cysteine methyl ester)-2aβ,3-dihydrogaliellalactone (GPA512), a Prodrug of a Direct STAT3 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Prostate CancerZilma Escobar
Center for Analysis and Synthesis, Lund University, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
J Med Chem 59:4551-62. 2016..The favorable druglike properties and safety profile of 6 warrant further studies of 6 for the treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer. ..
- Expression of STAT3 in Prostate Cancer MetastasesNicholas Don-Doncow
Department of Translational Medicine, Division of Urological Cancers, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Eur Urol . 2016..Our study strongly supports the suggested view of targeting STAT3 as a therapeutic option in patients with metastatic CRPC...
- Galiellalactone is a direct inhibitor of the transcription factor STAT3 in prostate cancer cellsNicholas Don-Doncow
From the Division of Urological Cancers, Lund University, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
J Biol Chem 289:15969-78. 2014..This further validates galiellalactone as a promising direct STAT3 inhibitor for treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer. ..
- The STAT3 Inhibitor Galiellalactone Effectively Reduces Tumor Growth and Metastatic Spread in an Orthotopic Xenograft Mouse Model of Prostate CancerGiacomo Canesin
Department of Translational Medicine, Division of Cell and Experimental Pathology, Lund University, Sweden Department of Translational Medicine, Division of Urological Cancers, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Lund University, Sweden
Eur Urol 69:400-4. 2016..Our results showed that tumor growth and early metastatic dissemination of PCa can be significantly reduced by GL, indicating its potential use as a therapeutic compound in advanced metastatic PCa...
- A highly conserved protein secreted by the prostate cancer cell line PC-3 is expressed in benign and malignant prostate tissueCamilla Valtonen-Andre
Lund University, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital MAS, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Biol Chem 388:289-95. 2007..Studies on human prostate cancer specimens showed immunohistochemical staining of both tumor and benign glandular cells. Our results suggest that PSMP is an important protein with significance in prostate cancer...