Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Lund University
- Regulation of the polarity kinases PAR-1/MARK by 14-3-3 interaction and phosphorylationOlga Göransson
University of Dundee, MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, James Black Centre, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
J Cell Sci 119:4059-70. 2006..Collectively, these results indicate that 14-3-3 binding to MARK isoforms is mediated by multiple phosphorylation sites, and serves to anchor MARK isoforms in the cytoplasm...
- 14-3-3 cooperates with LKB1 to regulate the activity and localization of QSK and SIKAbdallah K Al-Hakim
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
J Cell Sci 118:5661-73. 2005..To our knowledge, this study provides the first example of 14-3-3 binding directly to the T-loop of a protein kinase and influencing its catalytic activity and cellular localization...
- LKB1 is a master kinase that activates 13 kinases of the AMPK subfamily, including MARK/PAR-1Jose M Lizcano
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
EMBO J 23:833-43. 2004..Between them, these kinases may mediate the physiological effects of LKB1, including its tumour suppressor function...
- Activity of LKB1 and AMPK-related kinases in skeletal muscle: effects of contraction, phenformin, and AICARKei Sakamoto
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E310-7. 2004..They also suggest that the effects of excercise, phenformin, and AICAR on metabolic processes in muscle may be mediated through activation of AMPK rather than activation of LKB1 or the AMPK-related kinases...
- Use of Akt inhibitor and a drug-resistant mutant validates a critical role for protein kinase B/Akt in the insulin-dependent regulation of glucose and system A amino acid uptakeCharlotte J Green
Division of Molecular Physiology, James Black Centre, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:27653-67. 2008....
- Regulation of AMP-activated protein kinase by cAMP in adipocytes: roles for phosphodiesterases, protein kinase B, protein kinase A, Epac and lipolysisBilal Omar
Lund University, Biomedical Center, C11 Department of Experimental Medical Science, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Cell Signal 21:760-6. 2009..Taken together, these data suggest that PDE3B and PDE4 regulate cAMP pools that affect the activation/phosphorylation state of AMPK and that the effects of cyclic AMP on AMPK involve Epac1, PKA and lipolysis...
- Rose hip exerts antidiabetic effects via a mechanism involving downregulation of the hepatic lipogenic programUlrika Andersson
Division of Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 300:E111-21. 2011....
- The LKB1-salt-inducible kinase pathway functions as a key gluconeogenic suppressor in the liverKashyap Patel
1 MRC Protein Phosphorylation and Ubiquitylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK 2
Nat Commun 5:4535. 2014..Collectively, we demonstrate that the LKB1-SIK pathway functions as a key gluconeogenic gatekeeper in the liver. ..