Affiliation: Lund University
- Meat consumption and mortality--results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and NutritionSabine Rohrmann
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Med 11:63. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the association of red meat, processed meat, and poultry consumption with the risk of early death in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)...
- Scoring models of a diet quality index and the predictive capability of mortality in a population-based cohort of Swedish men and womenIsabel Drake
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Public Health Nutr 16:468-78. 2013..To examine how different scoring models for a diet quality index influence associations with mortality outcomes...
- Dietary intakes of carbohydrates in relation to prostate cancer risk: a prospective study in the Malmö Diet and Cancer cohortIsabel Drake
Research Group in Nutritional Epidemiology, Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 96:1409-18. 2012..Dietary carbohydrates have been implicated in relation to prostate cancer...
- Development of a diet quality index assessing adherence to the Swedish nutrition recommendations and dietary guidelines in the Malmö Diet and Cancer cohortIsabel Drake
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Public Health Nutr 14:835-45. 2011..To develop a diet quality index (DQI) that assesses adherence to the Swedish nutrition recommendations (SNR) and the Swedish dietary guidelines (SDG)...
- Dietary fiber and saturated fat intake associations with cardiovascular disease differ by sex in the Malmö Diet and Cancer Cohort: a prospective studyPeter Wallström
Nutrition Epidemiology Research Group, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e31637. 2012..The aim of the study was to examine associations between intake of macronutrients and dietary fiber and incident ischemic cardiovascular disease (iCVD) in men and women...
- A high diet quality is associated with lower incidence of cardiovascular events in the Malmö diet and cancer cohortJoanna Hlebowicz
Center for Emergency, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e71095. 2013..To investigate if diet quality is related to incidence of cardiovascular (CV) events...
- High disaccharide intake associates with atherogenic lipoprotein profileEmily Sonestedt
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Lund University, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Br J Nutr 107:1062-9. 2012..The present findings indicate that the ALP may be improved by a low intake of disaccharides, and moderate intakes of protein and alcohol...
- TCF7L2 type 2 diabetes risk variant, lifestyle factors, and incidence of prostate cancerIsabel Drake
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Research Group in Nutritional Epidemiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Prostate 74:1161-70. 2014..The aims of this study were to determine if TCF7L2 rs7903146 is associated with risk of PCa and if the association is modified by lifestyle factors independently of T2D status...
- The Association between Carbohydrate-Rich Foods and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease Is Not Modified by Genetic Susceptibility to Dyslipidemia as Determined by 80 Validated VariantsEmily Sonestedt
Diabetes and Cardiovascular disease genetic epidemiology, Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 10:e0126104. 2015..It is still unclear whether carbohydrate consumption is associated with cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk. Genetic susceptibility might modify the associations between dietary intakes and disease risk...
- A high quality diet is associated with reduced systemic inflammation in middle-aged individualsJoana Alves Dias
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Lund University, Jan Waldenströms gata 35, CRC, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden Electronic address
Atherosclerosis 238:38-44. 2015..To examine if overall diet quality is associated with cellular and soluble biomarkers of systemic inflammation in middle-aged individuals...
- Plasma alkylresorcinol metabolites as biomarkers for whole-grain intake and their association with prostate cancer: a Swedish nested case-control studyIsabel Drake
Authors Affiliations Research Group in Nutritional Epidemiology Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease, Genetic Epidemiology Department of Cancer Epidemiology and Oncology and Department of Clinical Sciences in Lund, Lund University, Lund Department of Urology and Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Urological Cancers Skåne University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden Folkhälsan Research Center, Biomedicum and Division of Clinical Chemistry, University of Helsinki and Folkhälsan Research Center, Biomedicum, Helsinki University and Central Hospital Heart and Lung Center, Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 23:73-83. 2014..Observational studies have mostly found no association between self-reported whole-grain intake and prostate cancer. Plasma alkylresorcinol metabolites have been suggested as biomarkers for whole-grain intake in free-living populations...
- Health-related lifestyle factors and mammography screening attendance in a Swedish cohort studyMagdalena Lagerlund
aDepartment of Clinical Sciences in Malmö, Diagnostic Radiology bDepartment of Clinical Sciences in Malmö, Research Group in Nutritional Epidemiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden cDepartment of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Cancer Prev 24:44-50. 2015..These findings generally support the notion that women with less healthy lifestyles are less likely to engage in mammography screening. ..