Affiliation: Lund University
- Poor electroneurography but excellent hand function 31 years after nerve repair in childhoodAnette Chemnitz
Department of Hand Surgery and Neurophysiology, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Neuroreport 24:6-9. 2013..002) compared with those injured in adolescence. We conclude that the mechanism behind the superior clinical outcome in children is not located at the periphery, but is explained by cerebral plasticity...
- Functional outcome thirty years after median and ulnar nerve repair in childhood and adolescenceA Chemnitz
Department of Hand Surgery, Skane University Hospital, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:329-37. 2013..Our aim was to evaluate the long-term functional outcome of nerve repair or reconstruction at the forearm level in patients with a complete median and/or ulnar nerve injury at a young age...
- Cerebral changes after injury to the median nerve: a long-term follow upBirgitta Rosén
Department of Hand Surgery Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Plast Surg Hand Surg 46:106-12. 2012..Even though the clinical function improved over time it did not return to normal, and neither did the cortical response...
- Subjective outcome related to donor site morbidity after sural nerve graft harvesting: a survey in 41 patientsAlexander Hallgren
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Hand Surgery, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
BMC Surg 13:39. 2013..The sural nerve is the most commonly used nerve for grafting severe nerve defects. Our aim was to evaluate subjective outcome in the lower leg after harvesting the sural nerve for grafting nerve defects...
- Normalized activation in the somatosensory cortex 30 years following nerve repair in children: an fMRI studyAnette Chemnitz
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmö Hand Surgery, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, SE 20502, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 42:2022-7. 2015..In conclusion, cerebral changes in both brain hemispheres may explain differences in clinical outcome following a median nerve injury in childhood or adolescence...