Affiliation: Lund University
- Genome-wide analysis of DNA methylation in subjects with type 1 diabetes identifies epigenetic modifications associated with proliferative diabetic retinopathyElisabet Agardh
Department of Clinical Sciences, Ophthalmology, Lund University, Scania University Hospital, 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
BMC Med 13:182. 2015..However, studies examining the association between PDR and the genome-wide DNA methylation pattern are lacking. Our aim was to identify epigenetic modifications that associate with and predict PDR in subjects with type 1 diabetes (T1D)...
- Adopting 3-year screening intervals for sight-threatening retinal vascular lesions in type 2 diabetic subjects without retinopathyElisabet Agardh
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Ophthalmology, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes Care 34:1318-9. 2011..To report the incidence of sight-threatening vascular lesions in type 2 diabetic subjects without retinopathy after adopting a 3-year interval screening program...
- Stable refraction and visual acuity in diabetic patients with variable glucose levels under routine careElisabet Agardh
Department of Clinical Sciences, Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol 89:107-10. 2011..To investigate how refraction and visual acuity may vary in patients with diabetes under routine care...
- Visual acuity and perimetry as measures of visual function in diabetic macular oedemaE Agardh
Department of Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetologia 49:200-6. 2006..We examined to what extent visual acuity and perimetric sensitivity as measures of central and paracentral visual function would be useful for evaluating the presence and severity of diabetic macular oedema...
- Diabetic retinopathy, visual acuity, and medical risk indicators: a continuous 10-year follow-up study in Type 1 diabetic patients under routine careM Lövestam-Adrian
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Lund SE 221 85, Sweden
J Diabetes Complications 15:287-94. 2001..The number of patients who became blind during 10 years of follow-up was low...
- Long-standing hyperglycemia in C57BL/6J mice does not affect retinal glutathione levels or endothelial/pericyte ratio in retinal capillariesC D Agardh
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital MAS, SE 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
J Diabetes Complications 14:146-53. 2000..Further studies are needed to explore whether this is explained by increased expression of protecting systems making these strains of mice resistant to effects of oxidative stress...
- Effects of inhibition of glycation and oxidative stress on the development of cataract and retinal vessel abnormalities in diabetic ratsE Agardh
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital MAS, Malmo, Sweden
Curr Eye Res 21:543-9. 2000..To study effects of inhibition of glycation, and oxidative stress on the development of cataract and retinal vessel abnormalities in diabetic rats...
- Photocoagulation of diabetic macular oedema--complications and visual outcomeM Lövestam-Adrian
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 78:667-71. 2000..To describe complications and visual outcome of photocoagulation for clinically significant macular oedema...
- Contrast sensitivity and visual recovery time in diabetic patients treated with panretinal photocoagulationM Lövestam-Adrian
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 78:672-6. 2000..To study patients treated with panretinal photocoagulation regarding contrast sensitivity and visual recovery time after exposure to glare...
- Visual fields correlate better than visual acuity to severity of diabetic retinopathyB Bengtsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, 20502, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetologia 48:2494-500. 2005..We compared the outcomes of perimetric and visual acuity tests in patients with diabetic retinopathy...
- Nephropathy, but not retinopathy, is associated with the development of heart disease in Type 1 diabetes: a 12-year observation study of 462 patientsO Torffvit
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Diabet Med 22:723-9. 2005..To study the occurrence of heart disease and death in Type 1 diabetic patients and evaluate whether presence of microangiopathy, i.e. nephropathy and retinopathy, was associated with the outcome...
- Retinal glial cell immunoreactivity and neuronal cell changes in rats with STZ-induced diabetesE Agardh
Department of Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, Sweden
Curr Eye Res 23:276-84. 2001..To study whether diabetes could influence glial cells, retinal neurons, and pigment epithelial cells and if so, to evaluate whether any changes could be influenced by aminoguanidine (AG) or probucol (PB)...
- Classifying diabetes according to the new WHO clinical stagesE Lindholm
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital MAS, , Sweden
Eur J Epidemiol 17:983-9. 2001..However, because of the cross-sectional nature of these data, they need to be confirmed in a prospective study with defined cut-off limits for when insulin should be initiated...
- The -374 T/A polymorphism in the gene encoding RAGE is associated with diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy in type 1 diabetic patientsE Lindholm
Department of Clinical Sciences, University Hospital MAS, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Diabetologia 49:2745-55. 2006..Our aim was to study whether the -374 T/A polymorphism in the gene encoding RAGE (AGER) is associated with diabetes type and presence of diabetic complications...
- Circulating anti-pericyte autoantibodies are present in Type 2 diabetic patients and are associated with non-proliferative retinopathyR C Nayak
Department of Ophthalmology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts Center for Vision Research and New England Eye Center, Tufts New England Medical Center Box450, 750 Washington Street, MA 02111, Boston, USA
Diabetologia 46:511-3. 2003..This study aims to determine the prevalence of anti-pericyte autoantibodies in Type 2 diabetes and to characterize these autoantibodies as new markers of disease activity in diabetic retinopathy...