Affiliation: Karolinska University Hospital
- Surgical treatment for pathologic fractureR Wedin
Section of Orthopedics, Department of Surgical Sciences, Division of Cytology-Pathology, Department of Oncology-Pathology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop Scand Suppl 72:2p., 1-29. 2001..Patients with a good prognosis should be considered for wide resection and reconstruction as applied in primary malignant bone tumors...
- External validation of the Bayesian Estimated Tools for Survival (BETS) models in patients with surgically treated skeletal metastasesJonathan Agner Forsberg
Regenerative Medicine, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD, USA
BMC Cancer 12:493. 2012..In this study, we attempted to externally validate the BETS-3 and BETS-12 models using an independent, international dataset...
- Complications and survival after surgical treatment of 214 metastatic lesions of the humerusRikard Wedin
Department of Orthopaedics, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 21:1049-55. 2012..The humerus is the second most common long-bone site of metastatic bone disease. We report complications, risk factors for failure, and survival of a large series of patients operated on for skeletal metastases of the humerus...
- Surgical treatment of skeletal metastases in 31 melanoma patientsRikard Wedin
Dept of Orthopaedics, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop Belg 78:246-53. 2012..This study represents the largest reported cohort surgically treated for skeletal metastasis of malignant melanoma at a single institution...
- Surgical treatment of skeletal metastatic lesions of the proximal femur: endoprosthesis or reconstruction nail?R Wedin
Oncology Service, Department of Orthopaedics, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:1653-7. 2005..07). Endoprosthetic reconstructions are preferable to the use of reconstruction nails and other osteosynthetic devices for the treatment of metastatic lesions in the proximal third of the femur...
- Surgical treatment for skeletal breast cancer metastases: a population-based study of 641 patientsR Wedin
Oncology Service, Department of Orthopedics, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer 92:257-62. 2001....