Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- The relationship between diabetes and pancreatic cancerFeng Wang
Surgery Department, Karolinska Institute at Huddinge University Hospital, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cancer 2:4. 2003..Evidence supporting both hypotheses has been accumulated in previous studies. This article reviews these studies, especially those that have been conducted recently...
- Impaired insulin action on phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity and glucose transport in skeletal muscle of pancreatic cancer patientsBengt Isaksson
Arvid Wretlind Laboratory for Metabolic and Nutritional Research, Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institute at Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Pancreas 26:173-7. 2003..This associated metabolic disorder includes peripheral insulin resistance, which may be caused by factors produced by the PC. The mechanism underlying PC-associated insulin resistance has not been clearly defined...
- Hypoxia inducible factor-1 mediates effects of insulin on pancreatic cancer cells and disturbs host energy homeostasisFeng Wang
Department of Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital at Huddinge, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Pathol 170:469-77. 2007..These results suggest that an interaction between insulin and HIF-1alpha helps sustain pancreatic cancer cells and disturbs host energy homeostasis...
- Specific amino acid profile in culture media conditioned by human pancreatic cancer cell linesFeng Wang
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institute at Huddinge University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Pancreatology 2:402-6. 2002..In malignant diseases, circulating amino acid profiles correlate with organ sites of malignancy. Direct effects of malignant cells on the extracellular amino acid profile are still uncertain...
- Early impairment of insulin secretion in rats after surgical traumaLisa Strömmer
Arvid Wretlinds Laboratory for Metabolic and Nutritional Research, Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institutet at Huddinge University Hospital, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 147:825-33. 2002..We have demonstrated that skeletal muscle insulin resistance is present 2 h after small intestinal resection in rats. In this study, the aim was to investigate insulin secretion in the same experimental model...
- Increased dietary fat promotes islet amyloid formation and beta-cell secretory dysfunction in a transgenic mouse model of islet amyloidRebecca L Hull
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, VA Puget Sound Health Care System and University of Washington, Seattle 98108, USA
Diabetes 52:372-9. 2003....
- Joint effects of antibody to heat shock protein 60, hypertension, and diabetes on risk of coronary heart disease in ChineseXiaomin Zhang
Institute of Occupational Medicine and the Ministry of Education Key Lab of Environment and Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Clin Chem 54:1046-52. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the association between anti-Hsp60 and coronary heart disease (CHD) and to determine whether anti-Hsp60, hypertension, and diabetes have joint effects on CHD risk...
- [Recombinant adeno-associated virus conducted NgR(DN) enhances axonal regeneration of optic nerve after trauma: experiment with rats]Feng Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, First Clinic College of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2856-60. 2007..To investigate the effect of recombinant adeno-associated virus conducted NgRDN on the axonal regeneration of optic nerve after trauma...
- Anti-LFA-1 improves pig islet xenograft function in diabetic mice when long-term acceptance is induced by CTLA4Ig/anti-CD40LMakiko Kumagai-Braesch
Department of Transplantation Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Transplantation 83:1259-67. 2007..The purpose of this study was to test whether this costimulation blockade also can induce acceptance of adult pig islets transplanted to C57BL/6 mice with streptozotocin-induced diabetes...
- Lentivirus-mediated short hairpin RNA targeting the APRIL gene suppresses the growth of pancreatic cancer cells in vitro and in vivoFeng Wang
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, P R China
Oncol Rep 20:135-9. 2008..Our study indicates that lentivirus-mediated gene therapy is an attractive strategy in the treatment of pancreatic cancer and justifies the use of lentivirus in cancer gene therapy studies...
- Long-term gene expression and metabolic control exerted by lentivirus-transduced pancreatic isletsZhong He
Division of Clinical Immunology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Xenotransplantation 13:195-203. 2006..To accomplish this, efficient gene transfer methods are needed. Lentiviral vectors are transgene vehicles capable of stably transducing a variety of primary, post-mitotic cells including islets...
- [The effect of high mobility group box-1 in endotoxin-induced acute hepatic failure]Zhong Fu Zhao
Institute of Hepatology, Changzhi Medical College, Changzhi 046000, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 14:388-9. 2006
- [Expression of somatostatin receptor reporter gene and its correlation with targeted imaging in vivo for detection of pancreas carcinoma]Zi zheng Wang
Nanjing First Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210006, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 27:663-6. 2005..To evaluate the value of (99 m)Tc-sandostatin scintigraphy in targeted diagnosis of pancreas carcinoma and the correlation with expression of somatostatin receptor (SSTR) reporter gene in tumor tissue...
- Novel cyclophilin D inhibitors derived from quinoxaline exhibit highly inhibitory activity against rat mitochondrial swelling and Ca2+ uptake/ releaseHong Xia Guo
Drug Discovery and Design Center, State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 26:1201-11. 2005..To investigate methods for identifying specific cyclophilin D (CypD) inhibitors derived from quinoxaline, thus developing possible lead compounds to inhibit mitochondrial permeability transition (MPT) pore opening...
- Long-term treatment with rosiglitazone and metformin reduces the extent of, but does not prevent, islet amyloid deposition in mice expressing the gene for human islet amyloid polypeptideRebecca L Hull
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System 151, 1660 S Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Diabetes 54:2235-44. 2005....
- L-arginine administration ameliorates serum and pulmonary cytokine response after gut ischemia-reperfusion in immature ratsTing Liang Fu
Department of Radiology, Affiliated Hospital of Binzhou Medical College, 661 Huanghe Road, Binzhou 256603, Shandong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:1070-2. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of supplementing NO substrate, L-arginine (L-arg), on serum and pulmonary cytokine production during small intestinal IR in immature rats...
- [The expression of Bcl-2 protein on acute myocardial ischemia/reperfusion and the significance in forensic pathology]Feng Wang
Department of Forensic Pathology, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu 241001, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 19:207-8, 211. 2003..To search the objective morphologic evidence for the forensic pathological diagnosis on the acute myocardial ischemia/reperfusion...
- [Cloning and sequence analysis of a novel stage-specific cDNA from adult Trichinella spiralis]Bao quan Fu
Quartermaster University of PLA, Changchun 130062
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 21:154-6. 2003..To clone a stage-specific novel cDNA from 5 day-old adult worm (AD5) of Trichinella spiralis...
- Modulation of Ca2+ channel currents by a novel antidementia drug N-(4-Acetyl-1-piperazinyl)-p-fluorobenzamide monohydrate (FK960) in rat hippocampal neuronsFeng Wang
Medicinal Biology Research Laboratories, Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Kashima, Osaka 532 8514, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 308:120-6. 2004..Together, these mechanisms may be involved in the selective effects of FK960 on somatostatin release, excitatory transmission, and synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus...
- Effect of N-desulfated heparin on hepatic/renal ischemia reperfusion injury in ratsTong Zhou
Department of Nephrology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200025, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:897-900. 2002..To investigate the effect of N-desulfated heparin on hepatic/renal ischemia and reperfusion injury in rats...
- Resection of pancreatic cancer normalizes the preoperative increase of tumor necrosis factor alpha gene expressionParisa Ariapart
Arvid Wretlinds Laboratory for Metabolic and Nutritional Research, Department of Surgery, Stockholm, Sweden
Pancreatology 2:491-4. 2002..Tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) appears to play a role in the cachexia and diabetes seen in patients with cancers. However, increased TNF-alpha is seen in some, but not all, of the cancer patients...
- Autoantibody against AT1 receptor from preeclamptic patients induces vasoconstriction through angiotensin receptor activationXiaoli Yang
Department of Physiology, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, Shanxi, PR China
J Hypertens 26:1629-35. 2008..These results suggest that overproduction of AT1-AA is a novel risk factor in pregnant women and may play a causative role in the development of hypertension and vascular injury in preeclamptic patients...