Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Screening for primary aldosteronism in a primary care unitCristina Volpe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 14:212-9. 2013..Few studies have been carried out in primary care. We investigated the prevalence of PA by screening with the aldosterone to renin ratio (ARR)...
- Immunohistochemistry improves histopathologic diagnosis in primary aldosteronismCristina Volpe
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Pathol 66:351-4. 2013..We therefore applied new specific antibodies to explore which cells in the adrenal contain the enzymes for aldosterone and cortisol production, respectively...
- Postoperative differentiation between unilateral adrenal adenoma and bilateral adrenal hyperplasia in primary aldosteronism by mRNA expression of the gene CYP11B2Ulla Enberg
Department of Surgical Sciences, Section of Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 151:73-85. 2004..The aim of this study was to localize mRNA expression of the genes coding for steroidogenic enzymes in adrenals from a group of patients with PA and relate this to clinical work-up, histopathology and outcome of adrenalectomy...
- Primary aldosteronism: functional histopathology and long-term follow-up after unilateral adrenalectomyCristina Volpe
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 82:639-47. 2015..To investigate the long-term outcome after unilateral adrenalectomy in patients with primary aldosteronism (PA) and to establish the role of functional pathology for the final diagnosis of aldosterone-producing adenoma (APA) or hyperplasia...
- Limited value of long-term biochemical follow-up in patients with adrenal incidentalomas-a retrospective cohort studyHannah Yeomans
Department of Clinical Science and Education at Södersjukhuset, Karolinska Institutet, SE 118 82, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Endocr Disord 15:6. 2015..We hypothesized that 24-month biochemical follow-up in patients with an initial normal screening would fail to increase the sensitivity in finding hormone producing tumours...
- New aspects on primary aldosteronismUlla Enberg
Department of Surgical Sciences and Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurochem Res 28:327-32. 2003..The results emphasize the value to include functional studies (venous sampling and/or scintigraphy) in the preoperative work up of patients with primary aldosteronism...