Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- [Oxytocin, a mediator of anti-stress, well-being, social interaction, growth and healing]Kerstin Uvnas-Moberg
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Animal Physiology, PO Box 7045, S 75007 Uppsala, Sweden
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 51:57-80. 2005..In addition, various types of psychotherapy involving transfer of support, warmth and empathy are likely to induce similar effects, which thus contribute to the positive effects of these kinds of therapies...
- The effect of Russian Maternity Home routines on breastfeeding and neonatal weight loss with special reference to swaddlingK Bystrova
Department of Hospital Pediatrics, St Petersburg State Pediatric Medical Academy, St Petersburg, Russia
Early Hum Dev 83:29-39. 2007..Few investigations have considered evaluating the effects of certain combinations of ward routines like swaddling of the baby and separation of mother and baby on infant variables such as neonatal weight loss...
- Gastroparesis is associated with oxytocin deficiency, oesophageal dysmotility with hyperCCKemia, and autonomic neuropathy with hypergastrinemiaJulia Borg
Department of Clinical Sciences, Gastroenterology Division, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
BMC Gastroenterol 9:17. 2009..The aim of this study was to examine if concentrations of oxytocin, cholecystokinin (CCK), gastrin and vasopressin in plasma differ between diabetics with normal function and dysfunction in GI motility...
- The psychobiology of emotion: the role of the oxytocinergic systemKerstin Uvänas-Moberg
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Division of Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Behav Med 12:59-65. 2005..By including this new system, the model of the integrated individual becomes more complete and it enriches the understanding of emotional aspects of brain functioning...
- [Oxytocin--biochemical link for human relations. Mediator of antistress, well-being, social interaction, growth, healing...]Kerstin Uvnas-Moberg
Institutionen för anatomi och fysiologi, Statens Lantbruksuniversitet, Uppsala
Lakartidningen 101:2634-9. 2004
- Prolyl-leucyl-glycinamide shares some effects with oxytocin but decreases oxytocin levelsMaria Petersson
Department of Molecular Medicine, Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Karolinska Institutet Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Physiol Behav 83:475-81. 2004..In addition, PLG also induced some other effects similar to those induced by oxytocin treatment but when administered in high doses it decreased oxytocin levels...
- Systemic oxytocin treatment modulates glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptor mRNA in the rat hippocampusMaria Petersson
Department of Molecular Medicine, Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Karolinska Institutet Karolinska Hospital, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Neurosci Lett 343:97-100. 2003..Thus, oxytocin may modulate the activity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal-axis also at the hippocampal level in rats...
- Effects of an acute stressor on blood pressure and heart rate in rats pretreated with intracerebroventricular oxytocin injectionsMaria Petersson
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:959-65. 2007..No such effect was observed in the control group. Thus repeated oxytocin treatment can, in spite of decreasing blood pressure during basal conditions, increase cardiovascular reactivity to some types of stressors...
- Repeated massage-like stimulation induces long-term effects on nociception: contribution of oxytocinergic mechanismsIrene Lund
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 16:330-8. 2002..The long-term antinociceptive effects of massage-like stroking may be attributed, at least partly, to the oxytocinergic system and its interaction with the opioid system, especially the mu- and the kappa-receptors in the PAG...
- Postnatal oxytocin treatment and postnatal stroking of rats reduce blood pressure in adulthoodSarah Holst
Department of Animal Physiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
Auton Neurosci 99:85-90. 2002..No changes in heart rate were found. In conclusion, both postnatal OT treatment and postnatal stroking reduced blood pressure in adulthood. In addition, in female rats, OT reduced the increase in blood pressure caused by prenatal stress...
- Postnatal oxytocin treatment of spontaneously hypertensive male rats decreases blood pressure and body weight in adulthoodMaria Petersson
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Neurosci Lett 440:166-9. 2008..128; p=0.10). Heart rate was equal in the two groups. The postnatally oxytocin-treated male SHR had a significantly lower body weight at the age of 5-8 weeks compared to the controls (ANOVA p=0.014)...
- Maternal axillar and breast temperature after giving birth: effects of delivery ward practices and relation to infant temperatureKsenia Bystrova
Division of Reproductive and Perinatal Health, Department of Woman and Child Health in Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Birth 34:291-300. 2007....