Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Development and early experiences of a Swedish psoriatic arthritis registerBjörn Svensson
Spenshult Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Halmstad, Sweden
Scand J Rheumatol 31:221-5. 2002..To present a programme for a psoriatic arthritis (PsA) register (SwePsA) and to report the early experiences of a test period...
- Reumacon (CPH82) showed similar x-ray progression and clinical effects as methotrexate in a two year comparative study on patients with early rheumatoid arthritisBjörn Svensson
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Helsingborg s lasarett, Helsingborg, Sweden
Scand J Rheumatol 32:83-8. 2003..To study x-ray development and clinical effects, tolerability and safety after 2 years treatment of RA patients with Reumacon (CPH82) or methotrexate (MTX)...
- Treatment of early RA in clinical practice: a comparative study of two different DMARD/corticosteroid optionsB Svensson
Section of Rheumatology, Helsingborgs lasarett, Helsingborg, Sweden
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:327-32. 2003..To study the outcome in clinical practice of first DMARD and/or corticosteroid (CS) treatment in patients with recent onset rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Low-dose prednisolone in addition to the initial disease-modifying antirheumatic drug in patients with early active rheumatoid arthritis reduces joint destruction and increases the remission rate: a two-year randomized trialBjörn Svensson
University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 52:3360-70. 2005..To assess the efficacy of low-dose prednisolone on joint damage and disease activity in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Hand bone loss measured by digital X-ray radiogrammetry is a predictor of joint damage in early rheumatoid arthritisK Forslind
Department of Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, Helsingborg Hospital, Sweden
Scand J Rheumatol 38:431-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether loss of bone measured by digital X-ray radiogrammetry (DXR) of hands early in the course of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) may predict future radiographic joint damage after 1 and 2 years...
- Reduced bone mineral density in early rheumatoid arthritis is associated with radiological joint damage at baseline and after 2 years in womenKristina Forslind
Rheumatology Section, Department of Medicine, Helsingborg s lasarett, Helsingborg, Sweden
J Rheumatol 30:2590-6. 2003..We investigated if patients with reduced bone mineral density (BMD) at onset of RA had more radiological damage at onset and after 2 years than patients with normal BMD...
- Low-dose prednisolone in early rheumatoid arthritis inhibits collagen type I degradation by matrix metalloproteinases as assessed by serum 1CTP--a possible mechanism for specific inhibition of radiological destructionInga Lill Engvall
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:733-42. 2013....
- Increased expression of proto-oncogene survivin predicts Joint destruction and persistent disease activity in early rheumatoid arthritisBjörn Svensson
Section of Rheumatology at the Institution of Clinical Science, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Ann Med 42:45-54. 2010..Here we assess the predictive role of the circulating proto-oncogene survivin for clinical and radiological outcome of early RA...
- Chronic widespread pain in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and the relation between pain and disease activity measures over the first 5 yearsMaria L E Andersson
From Research and Development R and D Center, Spenshult Hospital, Oskarström and the Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Rheumatology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Rheumatol 40:1977-85. 2013....
- Genetic Factors for the Severity of ACPA-negative Rheumatoid Arthritis in 2 Cohorts of Early Disease: A Genome-wide StudyDiederik P C de Rooy
From the Department of Rheumatology, and the Department of Medical Statistics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, the Netherlands the Section of Rheumatology at the Institution of Clinical Science, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden, for the BARFOT study group the Department of Genetics, University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands Center of Experimental Rheumatology, University Hospital Zurich, Schlieren, Switzerland the Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands D P de Rooy, LLM, MD, PhD, Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center R Tsonaka, PhD, Department of Medical Statistics, Leiden University Medical Center M L Andersson, BMS, PhD K Forslind, Associate Professor, Senior Consultant, Section of Rheumatology at the Institution of Clinical Science, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, for the BARFOT study group A Zhernakova, MD, PhD, Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, and Department of Genetics, University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen M Frank Bertoncelj
J Rheumatol 42:1383-91. 2015..At the individual level, however, considerable differences in the severity of joint destruction occur. We performed a study on genetic factors underlying the differences in joint destruction in ACPA-negative patients...
- Low-dose prednisolone treatment of early rheumatoid arthritis and late cardiovascular outcome and survival: 10-year follow-up of a 2-year randomised trialSofia Ajeganova
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet at Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ Open 4:e004259. 2014..To examine the long-term effects of early low-dose prednisolone use in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) on cardiovascular (CV) morbidity and mortality...