Affiliation: Karolinska Hospital
- The incidence and mechanisms of pharyngeal and upper esophageal dysfunction in partially paralyzed humans: pharyngeal videoradiography and simultaneous manometry after atracuriumE Sundman
Department of Anesthesiology, Karolinska Hospital and Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Anesthesiology 92:977-84. 2000..The secondary objective was to evaluate the effect of atracurium on pharyngeal function...
- Pharyngeal function and airway protection during subhypnotic concentrations of propofol, isoflurane, and sevoflurane: volunteers examined by pharyngeal videoradiography and simultaneous manometryE Sundman
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Karolinska Hospital and Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Anesthesiology 95:1125-32. 2001..This study was performed to evaluate pharyngeal function during subhypnotic concentrations of propofol, isoflurane, and sevoflurane and to compare the drugs for possible differences in this respect...
- Acetylcholine receptor density in human cricopharyngeal muscle and pharyngeal constrictor muscleE Sundman
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Karolinska Hospital and Institute, Stokholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:999-1002. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine the density of nAChR in the main component of the upper esophageal sphincter, the cricopharyngeal muscle, and in the pharyngeal constrictor muscle...
- Fiber-type composition and fiber size of the human cricopharyngeal muscle and the pharyngeal constrictor muscleE Sundman
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Karolinksa Hospital and Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 48:423-9. 2004....
- Swallowing and respiratory pattern in young healthy individuals recorded with high temporal resolutionK Boden
Department of Radiology, Karolinska University Hospital and Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurogastroenterol Motil 21:1163-e101. 2009..This swallowing respiratory pattern seems to be appropriate for a safe swallow. This knowledge will be used as a reference for future studies on how swallowing and respiratory coordination might be altered due to ageing and diseases...
- Breathing and swallowing in normal man--effects of changes in body position, bolus types, and respiratory driveA I Hårdemark Cedborg
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurogastroenterol Motil 22:1201-8, e316. 2010..Coordination of breathing and swallowing is essential for airway protection and dyscoordination may cause morbidity and mortality...
- Prolonged attenuation of acetylcholine-induced phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 following sevoflurane exposureA Wiklund
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Section for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 56:608-15. 2012..Perturbation of cholinergic signalling can cause cognitive deficits. In this study, we wanted to evaluate acetylcholine-induced intracellular signalling following sevoflurane exposure...